• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
back pedaling from what? i never stated anyone or any outfit in my first post. idiot.

datasupa

Reaction score
Exactly. You were too afraid to, which is what you were ranting against. Oh wait, it was just coincidence that it came right after a questionable fit from GS that no one was calling out, right?

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bant
Augusto - I'm unsure of the industry, but if its not in fashion/retail i would absolutely lose the pocket square -- this would really rub me the wrong way if i was doing the interviewing. if it is finance/consulting or the like i'd also strongly consider losing the brown shoes for black.

dressing down for an interview is a bad idea imho, but for an interview out of coming out of undergrad dressing conservatively without flair is a good idea.

It was a PR firm - I dunno, I thought that in a field like PR/Advertising/Marketing people tend to be a little flashier. I've done my other interviews in a black pinstripe with black shoes...but given the board's hostility towards black, this was the one I posted.

Maybe I will lose the square. Sad that something completely appropriate is looked down on for formal business attire.

Today:
ClothingShots273.jpg

Jantzen
Nudie
Trafalgar
AE Westgate

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
Exactly. You were too afraid to, which is what you were ranting against. Oh wait, it was just coincidence that it came right after a questionable fit from GS that no one was calling out, right?

actually i hardly even looked at gs's outfit, because when i click on this thread it takes me to where i last looked, which was about a week ago, so i was looking through tons of pages actually. and if you look at my other posts, i dont care about saying things to people, but the point is its not one outfit. what dont you get?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
Were the shorts cut off, or did they come that length? I've been looking for some good 3/4 cut shorts (hate regular shorts with a passion), and have found they're incredibly hard to come by in menswear.

the shorts were originally pants that i cut down. Had these for years and were my go-to's for hardcore gigs

Originally Posted by asobu
I really don't know if you're just ******* around and not being serious with this fit

sort of, but completely serious in that I'm not taking myself too serious this summer. I think I'm going to fashion a pair of seersucker manpris, maybe worn with combat boots, not sure.
smile.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually like it, it shows he's not taking himself too seriously. I think the tattoos make the look.

GY!BE

Reaction score

up top I have my Kohls (lol) experiment shirt that I bought for around 8 dollars and then took to a tailor to see how drastically I could alter it. I should've taken before pics to show how ridiculous it looked... The quality of the material is laughable but like I said it was an experiment and now I know what the tailor is capable of doing, so I'm going to take some nicer shirts to have them fixed up.

Jeans: nudie sjdj

shoes: plimsolls

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i love this forum. certain people get groupies and pretty much anything they wear people are throwing around props. yet if some new guy had that on, youd hear nothing but hate towards it. some regulars who usually have great style/fit etc maybe have a day where the outfit looks bad etc, but noone says anything because theyre worried about other people coming on and saying how great it looks because the guy is a regular poster etc. sorry just venting.
Let's say you were actually talking about Get Smart. Other people wouldn't give him that much **** because they know where he comes from stylewise day in and day out. He's allowed the luxury of that freedom. When it's someone new, all we have to go on is what little experience we have with them, in which case yes, they are judged with a heavier hand.

I, on the other hand, give Get Smart **** no matter what day in and day out regardless of he's dressed like Ed MacMahon or Pipi Longstocking but only because we're:
lobsters.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
GS: This fit is the most polished " I don't give a ****" look ever. I am not sure whether to compliment you or criticize you. On One hand it seems too sharp(though not as sharp as usual) to be an 'FU' fit... and on the other the length of those fatigues is perfect. If you'd have cut them any shorter you'd look really odd, and any longer and no one could see your socks.

good fit.

robbie

nvizible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ethirtynine
that looks pretty fresh. i would prefer a leather band watch, but thats just me. the only thing i dont like is your avatar. seriously, change that ****.

Hehe... I own a nice but cheap Casio quartz diver that's on a bond nato strap, and it's simply wonderful (i.e. a sharp but casual, non-bracelet look). But (and this is where it all gets too difficult for me...), I can never bring myself to wear it out now that I own the Omega... it just feels so cheap and tacky!
frown.gif

- D.

PS: Will work on the avatar
devil.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nvizible
Hehe... I own a nice but cheap Casio quartz diver that's on a bond nato strap, and it's simply wonderful. But (and this is where it all gets too difficult for me...), I can never bring myself to wear it out now that I own the Omega... it just feels so cheap and tacky!
frown.gif

:

Funny...that's how I feel about Omega!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I, on the other hand, give Get Smart **** no matter what day in and day out regardless of he's dressed like Ed MacMahon or Pipi Longstocking but only because we're:
I don't really give anyone **** anymore. A) B/c I don't post pictures, so I feel it's a bit weird to talk ****, although Jet seems to have no problem with it, and B) b/c the one time I really did, when SoCal wore the mumu, I talked all kinds of **** and i told him what the F was up. Ya know what happened? He blew it off! What a waste of time tryin to educate that guy on what chubby midwestern guys like that was.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure GS can wear whatever he wants and not get any piling-on because he's not doing it out of cluelessness like a lot of short-time posters... there's no point in telling him how strange/ridiculous that fit looks. He knows.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Let's say you were actually talking about Get Smart. Other people wouldn't give him that much **** because they know where he comes from stylewise day in and day out. He's allowed the luxury of that freedom. When it's someone new, all we have to go on is what little experience we have with them, in which case yes, they are judged with a heavier hand.

lobsters.jpg

Where does the Lobster joke come from??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics