• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
^^^
Damn, straight slummin' it with the w+h? Sheiit...

For real, this is the cheapest sweater I own and everybody loves it for some reason which makes me hate it more.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Gucci jacket
RLPL shirt
Borrelli pant
** belt
Armani socks
Magnanni loafers
Armani cologne

that jacket looks great on you, and i love the smell of your cologne.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus, what have I done...I'll try responding to everyone so as to not derail any further.
Originally Posted by PG2G
I wonder if lance missed Uncontrol's WAYWT.
Actually I assumed he was gay or in a band. Either way, it was so over the top I had to give him props.
Originally Posted by jet
Lance is right, dudes are bitches these days and bitches agree. Let's get back on topic you queens.
Ha, thanks. We're all suspect here just for frequenting this web board. I'm sure many of you have experienced some raised eyebrows and questions from ladyfriends when they find out about your "styleforum secret." If that doesn't clue you in about gender differences, I'm not sure what will.
Originally Posted by Black Cherry
"De-masculinization" is the spearhead of the misogynist ethos. Just a couple days ago a guy who was hitting on my ladyfriend went off on a tangent about how I dress like a "***" and that if she liked me she should just bang a woman.
Nonsense. Just the mere fact that people here have used extreme masculine cliches to insult me is proof that masculinity has numerous negative associations in our culture. When women complain that there aren't any real men left in the world, it's no longer in the realm of your imaginary misogynist ethos. It's a legitimate problem worth looking into.
I suppose you have a problem then with the masculinization of women in the 20th century as well. Jesus, broads are wearing pants now? How threatening to my worldview.
marsupialed claptrap.
Originally Posted by Smells Like Poor
This is beyond ridiculous. The fact that you play the Sociologist card a couple responses later makes it even more mind-numbing. It's as if you've never really studied Sociology, but want to pay lip service to the discipline as if show you have some sort of authority on the topic. You'd be lucky to find a Sociologist that would go along with what you said.
"Play the sociologist card?" I was offering the angle of where I'm coming from. I like to look at cultural and sexual differences and try to understand certain things from an evolutionary point of view. Clothes have evolved primarily to help attract the opposite sex and to help protect us from the elements since shedding our fleece thousands of years ago. Every single one of you dress to impress the opposite (or same) sex, whether or not you are in a relationship, consciously aware or not. My comment that you were so offended by might be politically incorrect, but hey, it does reflect what is accepted in our culture. Gay dudes dressing in drag and people in a band are given a free pass.
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Sorry, have to comment here: Why are you so concerned with the public's exposure to androgyny? Isn't it easier to lose muscle than gain it? get to work fella, less weights more anxiety and you'll be like the rest of us in no time.
I'm really sure I follow you here, but to answer your question I think it sends the wrong message to the public. Hammering feminized males into the public consciousness is akin to hammering the public with images of extremely thin and impossible ideals of beautiful women. The message to women is usually "you are not pretty enough - buy more cosmetics and get this surgery so you can be pretty" and the message to men now is becoming "being masculine is not good, you need to get rid of your masculinity and be more like women."
Originally Posted by JD_May
Honestly, I don't agree with most of what LK is saying here, but if he has this particular perspective on clothing, let him dress how he likes. If he makes a comment about your outfit, you know the perspective it's coming from and can read it accordingly. I don't see why the multi-page drama has to continue.
Thank you.
Originally Posted by TransparentCranium
**** guys, woman have been eating and sleeping for a long while now too, I guess we can't do that without being feminine.
More idiocy. Styleforum logic courtesy of the new guy.
Originally Posted by somatoform
Centuries, in fact. The problem with your post is this MORE business. It may very well be true that fashion is making men androgynous but how has this been more or less what has already existed?
Now this is a good point. Great question.
We all know the classic examples of (pre) Victorian men with their wigs, powdered faces and powdered wigs. Glam rock has been around for a very long time. And lest we forget:
2n17yb9.jpg
w6s6lw.jpg
These guys, once the envy of many women, were pumping with testosterone. If fashion has been making men more sociologically androgynous, fine, but maybe only in relation to the previous decade, not through the broader history of fashion.
That's true. It's all relative. The glam rock thing is pretty fascinating to me as well as the victorian era. But glam was really just an experimental fad for rockstars. Are men who dress like that these days taken seriously? Men have long been users of cosmetics but that realm has always been a predominantly female thing, for sure. But yes, you do have to take current social norms into consideration.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
"Play the sociologist card?" I was offering the angle of where I'm coming from. I like to look at cultural and sexual differences and try to understand certain things from an evolutionary point of view. Clothes have evolved primarily to help attract the opposite sex and to help protect us from the elements since shedding our fleece thousands of years ago. Every single one of you dress to impress the opposite (or same) sex, whether or not you are in a relationship, consciously aware or not. My comment that you were so offended by might be politically incorrect, but hey, it does reflect what is accepted in our culture. Gay dudes dressing in drag and people in a band are given a free pass.
Whoah now. You can hold whatever opinion on this you want, but do not start dragging in lazy pseudoscience pop psych and pretend anthropology into this. Your analysis of clothing is simply wrong. Fashion is a very complex social phenomenon, and your reduction isn't so much vulgar as it is wildly speculative and spectacularly unscientific. I'm not even going to start on evolutionary psychology, which is really just a mystical religion. That covered, I hated chrono's outfit, but for different reasons. It does have feminine element to it that is mildly ridiculous, but more broadly, it was accidental hipster self parody.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
that jacket looks great on you, and i love the smell of your cologne.

dont know if youre joking or not, but kitonbrioni is in my internet style top 3 of all time...(other two being runner from tfs and philip nod from SZ). They've been my biggest source of inspiration since i started browsing fashion forums.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was more of a joke considering there was no pic, and i thought it was kinda funny he posted his cologne. thanks a lot for ruining my joke ftb!

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
it was more of a joke considering there was no pic, and i thought it was kinda funny he posted his cologne. thanks a lot for ruining my joke ftb!

There is a photo--just click the link in his signature.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
but kitonbrioni is in my internet style top 3 of all time.
This has me curious, because I can't find much of anything redeeming about KB's style, other than the fact that he owns some nice items. What is inspirational about it to you??

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
This has me curious, because I can't find much of anything redeeming about KB's style, other than the fact that he owns some nice items. What is inspirational about it to you??

Every single day he photographically catalogues his clothing for that day and systematically posts it around several internet forums. The fact that nearly none of it fits well is beside the point.

Plus, he suggested Fantasy Shoe League, which everyone should have jumped on.

TransparentCranium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
More idiocy. Styleforum logic courtesy of the new guy.
You're kidding right? Do you not get that rolling pants, tight pants/leggings, are unisex? Both those things have been coming in and out of fashion for men, forever. All one needs to do is "find more posts by lance konami" to see how preoccupied with being masculine you are. It's a constant theme in most of your posts. It would lead me to believe that you are either overcompensating, or you've been reading too much of the **** written about in 'The Game.'

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TransparentCranium
You're kidding right? Do you not get that rolling pants, tight pants/leggings, are unisex? Both those things have been coming in and out of fashion for men, forever. All one needs to do is "find more posts by lance konami" to see how preoccupied with being masculine you are. It's a constant theme in most of your posts. It would lead me to believe that you are either overcompensating, or you've been reading too much of the **** written about in 'The Game.'
Disagree with lance all you like— I certainly do— but learn what a logical fallacy is first.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
He's deep in the closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads