Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

I suppose you have a problem then with the masculinization of women in the 20th century as well. Jesus, broads are wearing pants now? How threatening to my worldview.

The bitch that started it all.

[​IMG]

2. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

3. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

iTunes Playing: Sun Giant by Fleet Foxes from the EP Sun Giant
    [​IMG]
    Patagonia x Acne x Nike

4. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Sorry, have to comment here:
    It's becoming clear to me that your entire "knowledge" base of "fashion" is based on tiny internet bubbles such as superfuture, styleforum and the sartorialist. I'm beginning to wonder if you ever venture outside of your house or do you just go out to your porch?
    I believe most people come here because they realize fashion in the wider consumer base is "whickity Whack"™. I prefer this small bubble we call "Style Forum, "Sufu" for ideas and inspiration versus the douchebuggery that goes on outside of this domain.
    I get claustrophobic seeing some of rye's pics for example.
    You think and feel too much. 1 and 2% stretch is added for a reason, my plum's are quite happy thank you.
    There is a general trend in the fashion world that's making men appear more and more androgynous or feminine. Modeling agencies will even turn good looking guys down because they are just a little too built. Or make them loose some muscle tone. A lot of this stuff is unconscious but it does filter into the public consciousness through the media.
    Why are you so concerned with the public's exposure to androgyny? Isn't it easier to lose muscle than gain it? get to work fella, less weights more anxiety and you'll be like the rest of us in no time.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Honestly, I don't agree with most of what LK is saying here, but if he has this particular perspective on clothing, let him dress how he likes. If he makes a comment about your outfit, you know the perspective it's coming from and can read it accordingly. I don't see why the multi-page drama has to continue.

edit: I guess what I'm saying is, since we're just talking about clothing here, it's unnecessary to browbeat someone whose views you dislike, no matter how much you disagree with the reasons underlying his stylistic perspective. It can only lead to more variety on here, which is always a good thing, whether or not people on either side of this argument agree in this particular context.

6. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

when i saw "LK" in your post JD I suddenly thought "LabelKing? When has he popped up in here?" before i realized the greater context

rye's killin it...seems your style isn't up the alley of a lotta people here but always cool.

7. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

Shit guys, woman have been eating and sleeping for a long while now too, I guess we can't do that without being feminine.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

when i saw "LK" in your post JD I suddenly thought "LabelKing? When has he popped up in here?" before i realized the greater context

rye's killin it...seems your style isn't up the alley of a lotta people here but always cool.

Yes, I'm always a fan of good androgyny.

[​IMG]

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I pee sitting down, can't lift more thirty pounds, spend over 200 dollars on jeans that compliment my ass, and I ride side saddle. I do not, however, wear the bottom of my trousers rolled. We need to draw the line somewhere.

10. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

There is a general trend in the fashion world that's making men appear more and more androgynous or feminine...

There has been a subtle de-masculinization of men for a few years now.

Centuries, in fact. The problem with your post is this MORE business. It may very well be true that fashion is making men androgynous but how has this been more or less what has already existed?

We all know the classic examples of (pre) Victorian men with their wigs, powdered faces and powdered wigs. Glam rock has been around for a very long time. And lest we forget:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These guys, once the envy of many women, were pumping with testosterone. If fashion has been making men more sociologically androgynous, fine, but maybe only in relation to the previous decade, not through the broader history of fashion.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I think we should have a resurgence of the fop--powdered faces and beauty spots.

[​IMG]

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

Lance, this is feminine too, no?
    [​IMG]
    (credit to robin for this picture)

As Gates would probably say, "Big f*ckin deal."

Moar (fit) pics, less talk please.

13. cunning47

cunning47 Senior member

Damn, Ellen's hot

[​IMG]

14. Sauwan

Sauwan Senior member

Stttoooooppppppppppp

15. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

click for outtake
    [​IMG]
    kostym
    april 77
    opening ceremony

While I think the belt is the wrong color here, the cuts/proportions are on point. I've been thinking about experimenting with a loud plaid shirt, this is a great example of how to do so properly--overall, great

[​IMG]

The bag is a little much, but I vibe the shoes...damn it, your pictures always come out nicely, something about that backdrop...

please forgive me for the pants being too short[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I actually really like the fit and length of the pants, but the jacket (who makes it?) does look like it could be slimmed down a bit--not feeling that pocket square either

[​IMG]
    H&Mx2-Converse

Fit on the shirt is very good, shorts are a little long for my taste, but I really like the texture

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.