(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

looks good, but you're posing the same way my son used to when he had an accident.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

^^^

Is it just my eyes or is there some kind of two-tone sheen to them?

3. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Strangely cold this weekend. It was 100 only 10 days ago.

[​IMG]

4. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

^^^

Is it just my eyes or is there some kind of two-tone sheen to them?

[​IMG]
    looks good, but you're posing the same way my son used to when he had an accident.
    I only took two full body pics and the other was out of focus so I just went with it.

5. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

There's really nothing feminine about a slight pant roll, sockless or slim pants. Men have been doing those 3 things foreverEven supersafe fashion sources like the Sartorialist has been showing a very similar look for years. The pant roll with sockless dress shoes seems a bit more of an italian thing than american to me as i've seen it in italian movies and street shots. You really don't know much about anything but plain polos/button downs with dark jeans do you? It's ok though, just continue to display for the forum how clueless you are about clothes, fashion, sexual orientation, common sense, etc... (i'm sure you'll find more if you can hold off on gay remarks for 5 seconds)

It's becoming clear to me that your entire "knowledge" base of "fashion" is based on tiny internet bubbles such as superfuture, styleforum and the sartorialist. I'm beginning to wonder if you ever venture outside of your house or do you just go out to your porch?

It comes down to energy. Certain things will cast off a more feminine or masculine vibe. Much of it is cultural, yes, to a degree. Skin tight pants convey a more feminine vibe, which is why most women tend to wear them to accentuate their physiques. It rarely looks good on men, usually it just looks uncomfortable and even painful. I get claustrophobic seeing some of rye's pics for example. I'm well aware of italian men sporting the sockless, rolled up pants look and that they've been doing it for some time. It still has a more feminine energy to it.

Different types of clothing carry their own sort of vibe. Sociologists who study human mating and sexual selection call them "indicators." Women wear high heeled shoes to make their legs appear longer and leaner and to accentuate their curves. Everything about them says "I am female." Men will wear tailored suits and a tie to accentuate their shoulder to hip ratio. Everything about the traditional suit says "I am male." It's very basic, primal stuff that's been going on for thousands of years.

There is a general trend in the fashion world that's making men appear more and more androgynous or feminine. Modeling agencies will even turn good looking guys down because they are just a little too built. Or make them loose some muscle tone. A lot of this stuff is unconscious but it does filter into the public consciousness through the media.

There has been a subtle de-masculinization of men for a few years now. This could be an entire new topic that could be debated for days, but I think at a deeper level men can sense the realness of it. Some people call it "the pussification of men." I've talked to girls about it, and women universally tell me they'll take a real man over some new age, modern sissified man-child who's so secure in his "masculinity" that he dresses in drag. If they wanted someone who dressed like a girl and cried about what their mean boss said to them last night they'd call one of their girlfriends.

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

7. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

There just seems to be a lot of heat behind your "dress like a man, goddamnit" comments and I'm curious as to where they're coming from. I could understand it a bit better if this were AAAC or maybe MC but in SW&D there's usually a bit more slack and play involved with apparel. It's not like you're new here and don't get it.
    Some if it might be my writing style, combined with the fact that I can come off as a prick.
    The styleforum logic was a joke in response to guys assuming that I support only the most clichÃ[​IMG]d masculine dress styles because I pointed out a feminine aspect of someone else's fit. It's a typical, knee jerk response that I've seen on more than one occasion when someone voices an opinion that goes against the grain here. As far as pushing an agenda that would be more accepted in the real world, I think I strive for a balance somewhere in between the two.

8. Black Cherry

Black Cherry Senior member

"De-masculinization" is the spearhead of the misogynist ethos. Just a couple days ago a guy who was hitting on my ladyfriend went off on a tangent about how I dress like a "fag" and that if she liked me she should just bang a woman.

I suppose you have a problem then with the masculinization of women in the 20th century as well. Jesus, broads are wearing pants now? How threatening to my worldview.

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Wait, you let somebody talk like that to you?

10. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I know, what a fag.

11. Black Cherry

Black Cherry Senior member

He was hitting on her on the internet, so I couldn't exactly jack him.

12. Smells Like Poor

Smells Like Poor Senior member

Dress like a man, not like a woman (unless you're gay or in a band.)

This is beyond ridiculous. The fact that you play the Sociologist card a couple responses later makes it even more mind-numbing. It's as if you've never really studied Sociology, but want to pay lip service to the discipline as if show you have some sort of authority on the topic. You'd be lucky to find a Sociologist that would go along with what you said.

13. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I wonder if lance missed Uncontrol's WAYWT.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Lance is right, dudes are bitches these days and bitches agree.

Let's get back on topic you queens.

15. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.