1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

You look kind of like Alain Delon here.

And are those your MJK pants? They fit well.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

No, thanks though, MJK pants are cut very differently. They're Carin Wester, they have a slightly low crotch and she usually styles them high waisted. I'm wearing them slightly higher than I usually wear pants. They have a somewhat relaxed leg with a nice taper and a pretty skinny leg opening, I like them a lot. Meant to stack. PS: thanks for the comparison [​IMG] RE Warlok: Was going for a Carin Wester/Patrik Ervell vibe, that's why I used the db's and the candystripe shirt. Hard to escape the overwhelming reach of the business casual monster. I tried. [​IMG]

3. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

RW: this looks really sharp! To me, it does look a little naked without a belt (or are you wearing suspenders/braces?). But that's just a personal preference (or perhaps I'm showing my age).

4. toothsomesound

Thanks Just, no belt or suspenders. I think it's a little more relaxed than with a belt, this is always a point of divergence for different people. I think it works in some contexts and a belt just fits better in others. Didn't try this with a belt though because I like the way CW styled the top block of these slacks, wanted to show it off a bit.

5. oneblood

oneblood Senior member

You look kind of like Alain Delon here.

No.

The outfit looks good though I think it would look better with more upscale footwear.

6. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

RE Warlok: Was going for a Carin Wester/Patrik Ervell vibe, that's why I used the db's and the candystripe shirt. Hard to escape the overwhelming reach of the business casual monster. I tried. [​IMG]

Well the rest of it is sharp and the fit is great. I would probably try the somewhat overdone move of rolling the pants and/or some cordovan bluchers, or something like that to avoid the BC vibe.

7. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

RW, I think the fit is awesome. The shoes are off though, I would have went dark brown...might even be able to do white bucks or something.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

lol, raf suit dude, Mr Black was it? Dude, you have less swagger than my spit.

9. toothsomesound

[​IMG] I tried to be nice about it, I guess this is the way it's done on sufu. Thanks for all the great compliments everyone, I was hoping people might get the Ervell reference with the dbs but that's okay. [​IMG]

10. Adam24

Adam24 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Uniqlo x Thom Browne x W+H x PF Flyers (+ Zara)

11. jaac

jaac Senior member

Sigh, sad i missed that coat. Makes the fit imo.

12. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

No.
    I was talking about his face, not the outfit.
    Lulz. Didn't that guy post a lot in sufu before with similarly expensive but boring clothes?

13. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

GOOD CALL! I knew he looked familiar.

Making CCP look like Gap(?[forgot the quote]) since 2008.

14. junebugmm

junebugmm Senior member

Thanks for all the great compliments everyone, I was hoping people might get the Ervell reference with the dbs but that's okay. [​IMG]

ARW, even though Ervell SS10 runway was full of DBs, I don't think many people
    would associate them with Ervell right away. Maybe you're ahead of the curve
    on that one.

Solid fit, overall. I don't think the pants are a perfect fit with what you've got
    going on top, but they're pretty cool anyways. Please continue to post more fits.

15. okwhat

okwhat New Member

GOOD CALL! I knew he looked familiar. Making CCP look like Gap(?[forgot the quote]) since 2008.
    To be frank though, it was a shitty CCP Chef Shirt that I doubt anybody could pull off.

16. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

[​IMG] Nudie/FP/Old Navy/Tanner/Nudie/Vans

17. sartre864

sartre864 Senior member

Clarks Wallabees dominated Patrik Ervell's runway, not desert boots.
    [​IMG] Uniqlo x Thom Browne x W+H x PF Flyers (+ Zara)
    Your coat looks absolutely fantastic, as does the rest of your outfit.

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

[​IMG] Uniqlo Shirt CK tie BR Sweater APC NS's Thrifted Shoes Long Johns (Invisible [​IMG])

19. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

re: okwhat

Dude's wearing a black suit, something every guy spends some time in eventually. How much steeze is necessary to wear something that all of civilized humanity is eventually stuck with? Seems harsh to give him shit for something so basic. Put some motion, body language, and a civilized voice on him and he should be able to pull it off just fine, right? Give me hope.

20. AllAreCommon

AllAreCommon Senior member

[​IMG] Coal | W+H M65 | Generic | Generic | Skull 5010 | LL bean Maine Hunting boots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.