1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

I don't think a person has to reach supreme political correctism to condemn racism.

2. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior member

I don't think a person has to reach supreme political correctism to condemn racism.

for the record, he is condemning the fact i have a confederate flag in my room and (formerly) a photo from american history x as my avatar. I have never said anything racist here. It's not a political forum, I am not interested in getting into a discussion about anything like that.

3. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

actually, i think he's condemning the fact that he thinks that you're racist based on how you've never denid it or given anybody reason to believe otherwise.

4. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

yo wmmk i wear my pants that tight it is awesome

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

actually, i think he's condemning the fact that he thinks that you're racist based on how you've never denid it or given anybody reason to believe otherwise.

this. "Just proud of my race" = racist as fuck

6. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

Lol he really said that? Is it non PC to call him retarded?

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Why don't you guys all go sound stupid talking about racism/sexism/confederates/mentally challenged/whatever in DT or CE or something? No one cares about this debate in waywt. Measure your penises elswhere, please

8. Sander

Sander Senior member

[​IMG]

it's been a while, hello spring

Those shoes look very nice. Dark brown suede two-(not sure, few for sure) eyelet derbys? Care to share the maker?

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

[​IMG]

Damn, that MA+ thing is gorgeous. Chrono, lookin fly too. Where'd you guys go?

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Damn, that MA+ thing is gorgeous. Chrono, lookin fly too. Where'd you guys go?
    Funkytown And Barneys...where we actually talked about you [​IMG], ran into a SuFU dude and saw Ghulkan sweeping the floor.

11. toothsomesound

Hahah cute. Maybe if you guys do this again sometime over summer I'll meet up for a day or so. You'll have to bring me to Atelier and Jil Sander though, hahahah.

12. toothsomesound

13. phildo

phildo Senior member

lookin good chrono and socal

does chrono have bad teeth? why the pedosmile.

14. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

[​IMG]

Jump the Gun buttondown
    Jump the Gun staprest
    Paul Smith socks
    Church's loafers
    Paul Smith "runway" sunglasses

Brilliant.

15. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Temp - 20c - 24c, nice Days Agenda - Wednesday, meetings, lunch with team & dinner with friends Details of shoes [​IMG] Why do they do this to cars! [​IMG] The walk of shame.. Or is it WTF.. [​IMG] Suit Steel blue Scabal 120 wool, 3 roll 2, ticket pocket no flap, button fly, soft shoulder - CHAN #1 Scarf Red w white mini polka dots, cotton - Zucca Cabana Shirt Blue ticking stripe Thomas Mason, English collar, FC - Herringbone Bespoke Socks Pantharella F/wear\t Dark brown burnished calf "Lowndes" - C&J Bench Grades on 348 last Portfolio Navy A4 Slim "envelope" style - Valextra PS\t Navy Firenze w ivory polka dot print silk - Herringbone Pen Red "Guilietta" Alfa Romeo LE roller ball, resin - Delta Watch SS Ingenuier 3227-01- IWC Frames Pink gold Ti "half rim" - 999.9 (for those that read Men's Ex.. Yes this brand is featured quite heavily) Sun-glasses Tom Ford for James Bond Odeur\tGrapefruit - Jo Malone

16. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

I've managed to avoid this discussion, but this dichotomy has always bothered me. Why are native pride or black pride groups considered socially acceptable, but white pride groups are considered an anathema? Either it's acceptable for everyone or acceptable for no one, imho.

17. Cas Ruffin

Cas Ruffin Senior member

I've managed to avoid this discussion, but this dichotomy has always bothered me. Why are native pride or black pride groups considered socially acceptable, but white pride groups are considered an anathema? Either it's acceptable for everyone or acceptable for no one, imho.

I think pride of ur race and pride of ur culture are different things. You can have Irish pride or pride for your Scottish background and no one's going to knock you for that. I think Black superiority ideology is just as bad as White superiority.

18. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I think pride of ur race and pride of ur culture are different things. You can have Irish pride or pride for your Scottish background and no one's going to knock you for that. I think Black superiority ideology is just as bad as White superiority.

This.

19. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior member

Temp - 20c - 24c, nice
    Days Agenda - Wednesday, meetings, lunch with team & dinner with friends

Details of shoes
    [​IMG]

Why do they do this to cars!
    [​IMG]

The walk of shame.. Or is it WTF..
    [​IMG]

Suit Steel blue Scabal 120 wool, 3 roll 2, ticket pocket no flap, button fly, soft shoulder - CHAN #1
    Scarf Red w white mini polka dots, cotton - Zucca Cabana
    Shirt Blue ticking stripe Thomas Mason, English collar, FC - Herringbone Bespoke
    Socks Pantharella
    F/wear\t Dark brown burnished calf "Lowndes" - C&J Bench Grades on 348 last
    Portfolio Navy A4 Slim "envelope" style - Valextra
    PS\t Navy Firenze w ivory polka dot print silk - Herringbone
    Pen Red "Guilietta" Alfa Romeo LE roller ball, resin - Delta
    Watch SS Ingenuier 3227-01- IWC
    Frames Pink gold Ti "half rim" - 999.9 (for those that read Men's Ex.. Yes this brand is featured quite heavily)
    Sun-glasses Tom Ford for James Bond
    Odeur\tGrapefruit - Jo Malone

I like this outfit a lot. Even if it may be a little too warm for the scarf, I think it goes extremely well with the other colours in your outfit.

20. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior member

A consideration of this might be that where European nations developed into separate, individual states that can be easily identified, whereas Africa was historically made up of different tribes that don't exist on a state level. Furthermore, many African-American's whose ancestors were brought from Africa to America as slaves do not know where their families were originally from. Therefore, while whites can be proud of a specific culture (ie German, Scottish), it is very difficult for blacks to be proud of one specific culture (ie Kenyan, Nigerian), because those are postcolonial states whose borders were arbitrarily drawn by European colonialist.

Regardless, I don't understand why there can be an "Asian Society", "Black Society", and "Middle Eastern Society" at our school while a "White Society" or "Caucasian Society" would be deemed inappropriate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.