1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

[​IMG]

Crescent Down Works
    Brooks Bros
    RLPL
    Rider

And here I thought a rolling stone couldn't gather moss...

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Just so we're clear:

BTW this is a bomb I shouldn't have thrown. Given where Eason lives and his, uh, lifestyle, what he wears works well for him. IMO most people on here should stay away.

And I think you look like a box-car traveling child molester, but I can also see where you're going with your outfits and I respect that. You of all people should understand a difference of style, yours being the polar opposite of mine, isn't a license for internet h8.

Think I'll wear my Somets today. [​IMG]

Great stuff warlock.

3. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

God, I haven't commented enough recently. GS, I love the plaid hat. You do a really remarkable job at expressing brooding and introspection through your clothes without coming across as over-serious or contrived. It's great. By the way, I was in DC last week and I checked out Columbia Heights, because I remember you saying it's got lots of gheys and hipsters. I walked from the Columbia Heights metro to the Cardozo Metro, but only saw some (really interesting) Latino neighborhoods. Are all the hispters on U street?
    Shit wmmk, you're making me blush. In actuality, I'm just a really big dork/ham. And, you were in Columbia Heights? I have friends who live down there and the neighborhood is half gentrified half GHETTO AS FUCK. It's like white picket fences to the left, and assed out ho's and crackheads on the right. It's always a little unnerving when I go to my friend J's place, get off at the metro and think "Damn, some guy was just stabbed here last week." I'm glad you made it out alive. I have an acquaintance who was actually dodging gunfire down there while talking to her mom on the phone. Are you looking for a place to stay in the area?
    robbie what annoys me about you isn't that you post boring fits, its that you get defensive when people say they're boring and plain. you take it as an attack on the fact that you can't buy pieces, where the truth is you're almost reveling in the fact that you shop at walmart. it shouldn't be something that's positive or negative, and you need to spend less time clothing yourself in righteous indignation and more time trying to develop your tastes and knowledge of brands. you're slim and tall, so dressing decently is such a low bar to jump that it doesn't really mean anything that you can find a bunch of random pieces that fit - and it seems that you want credit for something so basic and simple. its the same as someone wanting props for paying their taxes or paying their cellphone bill, you don't get to brag about doing something that is so fundamental and easy. I also find the fact that you post some pretty homophobic stuff horrible.
    And thank you.

4. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Jil Sander nylon/cotton knit reversible cardigan jacket
    Jil Sander grey stripe knit shirt (ignore the wrinkle)
    Jil Sander black seamed pants
    Jil Sander handmade shoes
    [​IMG]

Dude, this is great.

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

^Socal, looks friggin awesome. TAKE BETTER PICTURES.

6. brimley

brimley Senior member

Hahaha sorry did you buy one of these too? I must have missed the fit pic. [​IMG]

zing!

7. chrispy179

chrispy179 Senior member

Black-out drunk..
    [​IMG]
    h&m military henley
    apc new cures
    clarks desert boots

I dont own a camera so all i have is what other people take.

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

And thank you.
    Would my acting more homophobic get more thanks from you? If so, gayme on.

I liked the vest, Warlok, but I think I would have gone with a different shirt. Something red or go all-out with a flannel and I think it would have been nailed.

9. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Shit wmmk, you're making me blush. In actuality, I'm just a really big dork/ham.

And, you were in Columbia Heights? I have friends who live down there and the neighborhood is half gentrified half GHETTO AS FUCK. It's like white picket fences to the left, and assed out ho's and crackheads on the right. It's always a little unnerving when I go to my friend J's place, get off at the metro and think "Damn, some guy was just stabbed here last week." I'm glad you made it out alive. I have an acquaintance who was actually dodging gunfire down there while talking to her mom on the phone. Are you looking for a place to stay in the area?

Damn, I feel all ghettolicious now. I was envisioning some kind of Williamsburg/Wicker Park/Silverlake-lite, so it was definitely a bit of a surprise. If I can manage to get a job, I'm probably staying in Dupont Circle. Are you finna be around DC this summer?

10. kookydooky

kookydooky Senior member

Crispy how do Desert boots work with NCs?

Mind if you post a pic so can get an idea what it would look like

11. chrispy179

chrispy179 Senior member

Crispy how do Desert boots work with NCs?

Mind if you post a pic so can get an idea what it would look like

They work great. I think the little flare at the hem compliments them perfectly

Here is a really bad picture (dont own a real camera)
    [​IMG]

12. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

[​IMG]

surplus
    yoko d tee
    ck belt
    lee 101z
    "dubbed" ww2 repro rough-outs

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Oh no, its Mr Fashion Dad´s! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

Isaia suit RLPL shirt Alden for Brooks Bros cordovan captoes Etro tie (not shown) I realize it's not streetwear. [​IMG]

15. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Damn it. I just posted my suede YMCs for sale... now I'm thinking of pulling them down.

i sold mine, toe box shape just isn't doing it for me

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Isaia suit
    RLPL shirt
    Alden for Brooks Bros cordovan captoes
    Etro tie (not shown)

I realize it's not streetwear.

[​IMG]

Show us the tie, please. The suit looks great.

17. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Agreed, the Etro tie could either make or break.

18. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

Agreed, the Etro tie could either make or break.
    The Tie: [​IMG] edit: its hard to capture with a lousy camera but the colors are much nicer IRL.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

20. Cas Ruffin

Cas Ruffin Senior member

yo I just want to throw this out there: some peeps need to relax on the workwear

F*ckin' agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.