1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^and not much else. looks beyond fucking ridiculous. looks like a russian new-capitalist.

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

[​IMG]
    Nice fit eason, what shoes are you wearing? I need something sleek like that. Braidkid lookin good too, people should take note on how to take a quality photo.

3. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

^and not much else. looks beyond fucking ridiculous. looks like a russian new-capitalist.

A lot of people on this forum look ridiculous. Everyone looks either ridiculous or boring. Lots of dudes spend an absolute fortune to look completely mediocre. There might be 3 or 4 guys here who actually have "style."

Uncontrol is obviously over the top and flamboyant, but at least his fits are creative and eye catching, unlike the rest of the styleforum borg.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I dunno, it appears he's inspired by visual-kei jap bands.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

A lot of people on this forum look ridiculous. Everyone looks either ridiculous or boring. Lots of dudes spend an absolute fortune to look completely mediocre. There might be 3 or 4 guys here who actually have "style."

Uncontrol is obviously over the top and flamboyant, but at least his fits are creative and eye catching, unlike the rest of the styleforum borg.

Hmm, so EVERYONE here dresses mediocre all the time except 3-4 dudes? Who are they and why, big statement here mate.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

he only stands out here because most posters here are fairly conservative. matthew lesko would stand out too, doesn't mean he looks good.

7. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Hmm, so EVERYONE here dresses mediocre all the time except 3-4 dudes? Who are they and why, big statement here mate.

You're one of them actually.

Fuuma
    Get Smart
    Saucemaster (back in the day)
    Rye GB
    Brian SD

There are occasionally some pretty cool fits from others, but come on, you've got to admit that styleforum is something of a misnomer.

If someone is looking for inspiration for style, I wouldn't suggest this place. It's more of a place to learn the basics.

8. Zintintin

Zintintin Senior member

sweet a roflcopter! man i hadn't realized sf was a window to the internet circa 2002

about to go out

[​IMG]
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/deuzma/WAYWT/Pho
    better shots of jeans, coat and shirt

[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/deuzma/September%2020r%202/112_0078.jpg
    [​IMG]
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/deuzma/WAYWT/IMG_0MG]

[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/deuzma/WAYWT/Photo236.jpg

HATERS GON' HATE, BALLERS GON' BALL

Lmao... what world do you live in?

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Fuuma
    Get Smart
    Rye GB
    Brian SD

There are occasionally some pretty cool fits from others, but come on, you've got to admit that styleforum is something of a misnomer.

If someone is looking for inspiration for style, I wouldn't suggest this place. It's more of a place to learn the basics.

I hardly look at WAYWT but a lot of contributors look cool from time to time. Say BARIMS, Vanna, Kunk, Socal. I also like Bobo and a bunch of the workwear dudes. Not everyone wants to be flashy either.

You also have to understand that I can dress like I want and have the budget for it, frankly it changes a lot of things. You're not gonna see me in an untucked button down, some raw jeans and crepe soled whatever. That's like a girl who decides to wear smart casuals when fucking Balenciaga, Chalayan and Ackermann exists, fuck that.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

like my wife. [​IMG]

has drawers of MMM and chalayan and wears APC and a black tee shirt everyday.

I hardly look at WAYWT but a lot of contributors look cool from time to time. Say BARIMS, Vanna, Kunk, Socal. I also like Bobo and a bunch of the workwear dudes. Not everyone wants to be flashy either.

You also have to understand that I can dress like I want and have the budget for it, frankly it changes a lot of things. You're not gonna see me in an untucked button down, some raw jeans and crepe soled whatever. That's like a girl who decides to wear smart casuals when fucking Balenciaga, Chalayan and Ackermann exists, fuck that.

11. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

how are you liking your sexi08s? im considering them. also, are those black or blue, cant tell...

They're black and I like em a lot. Actually, they're rather grey and not as black as I was expecting. Fading should be interesting.

12. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

Fuuma
    Get Smart
    Rye GB
    Brian SD

GoSurface, willy cheesesteak, Barims, aeglus, Phat Guido, mellowfellow, and berlin report all come to my head that deserve to be on that list, maybe i'll remember more later.

13. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

So, Lance Konami, let's see a fit pic from you. Come on, pretty please?

14. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

They're black and I like em a lot. Actually, they're rather grey and not as black as I was expecting. Fading should be interesting.
    Hrmm, i was hoping those were the indigos. Both colors look pretty dull (and not dark) in SelfEdge's pics [​IMG]. I'll probably kop indigos anyways eventually (if my size doesnt run out in a few weeks).

15. jet

jet Senior member

Tonight I am wearing

ervell bomber 06
    dries plaid b/u
    hm pants
    white court shoes

To the sls in LA, I'll be the one smoking a cigar in a sea of mediocrity and excessive cologne.

16. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

shitty webcam pics, whatevs
    [​IMG]

With a simple white shirt, I would have fully endorsed this fit. That coat is really sweet.

17. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

jet, when did your title change from "the clothes whisperer" to "the pesian ghost"?

18. duck sauce

duck sauce Well-Known Member

Uncontrol's eyes turn me on

19. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

With a simple white shirt, I would have fully endorsed this fit. That coat is really sweet.

i think those florals are uncontrols trademark. are those jeans the sf-unapproved ones you picked up at h&m?

20. whodini

whodini Senior member

So, Lance Konami, let's see a fit pic from you. Come on, pretty please?
    It's funny because I was thinking that every pic I've seen from him has been a basic combo of a v-neck, jeans, and some brandos.
    jet, when did your title change from "the clothes whisperer" to "the pesian ghost"?
    Probably when Fok decided to go for something more historically accurate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.