(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JKISSI

JKISSI Senior member

I was surprised how quickly my bracelet softened up. It was actually too snug the first couple hours I wore it, but it's already started to show some good signs of wear. My only concern is that the continued softening of the leather might make it easier for the latch to easily come off.
    Yeah man I wear mine like almost everyday the leather softened up real good cant wait to see aging process for sure. I don't think the softening of the leather would make the latch come off at all, but hey maybe so we'll see.
    [​IMG]
    this is impressive, I just know with a clearer picture it would be more epic than it is.. Berlinreport , really appreciate the good words your outfit/style is pretty ace in all areas PG , another one lol There is nothing contrived about him, its his lifestyle

2. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

this (minus the beads)... is beautiful. Do yourself a favor and nix the beads until their due date, hopefully not today, with those beautiful clothes.

Disagree. PG's beads add an element of uniqueness and character that's hard to define, but I think gives a certain something to his outfits. I like it when there's something about a person that's interesting. It makes you want to say "hey, what are those?"

Me... I have a 20cm purple scar down my lower arm/wrist, so I don't need beads [​IMG]

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

PG is in his own league, and an inspiration to us all...

although i wouldn't wear the beads!

4. bwong337

bwong337 Senior member

[​IMG] yeah creepy smile. classic SF [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] RRL Shirt RRL One Wash Selvaged Straight Leg Frye Boots Leather Belt PAM J.Crew Canvas Bag I don't know if i should have it cuffed this much or go with a 1-2inch cuff. thoughts?

5. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

Way too much cuff.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Beat me to it. Everything is good but the jeans. I like that shirt.

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Perfect psychobilly length.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Disagree. PG's beads add an element of uniqueness and character that's hard to define, but I think gives a certain something to his outfits. I like it when there's something about a person that's interesting. It makes you want to say "hey, what are those?"

Me... I have a 20cm purple scar down my lower arm/wrist, so I don't need beads [​IMG]

I am all for interesting points in personal dress, and obviously if you do it right, the ladies will love you, but in the context of PG's very clean, modern trad (I'd go as far as to say that four-color Kilgour tie belies its origin and looks more modern continental European even) the beads do not flow. He has this steely, cold European watch on one side and these multicolor Asian hippy beads on the other, and in between, tons of beautiful solid fabrics.

You could do the beads with some sort of washed-out dandy Junya sort of look, but PG tends to veer towards this very conservative, modern and clean Savile Row cum Asia type of setup (look I used Japlish!) and so I feel they really, really clash.

Also, I know the both of you are from Australia, but Americans have a particular problem with idiot bros and former bros mixing stuff like beads with their 'formal' wear, crossing into the territory of actual real guido. It's something I'm sure a lot of the American contingent of SF may agree upon here, beads and suits are honestly fundamentally awkward, even to an already awkward American fashion sense that has no fundamentals. :p

In other news, i wore shiny silicon coated MIJ jeans and a $1 white Hanes tee today, with huge puffy MMM high tops. Eat your heart out.

PPS, PG, I love Alfas too, but a P-car (with only 17K kms on the clock?!?!) ain't a bad substitute, not by any stretch....

9. impolyt_one

Just gave a 2nd and 3rd look at the beads, yup, they're not working. Might as well have a Live Strong bracelet there, it'd give the same exact effect.

10. impolyt_one

For the record though, and I've stated this many times before, I very much like Phat Guido's style and all of his wardrobe, both separated and combined. I just don't like the beads.

11. bwong337

bwong337 Senior member

Beat me to it. Everything is good but the jeans. I like that shirt.
    Moved down to a 1inch cuff. no pics cuz i'm at work. Thanks for the feedback.

12. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

[​IMG]
    jcrew, eg, banana republic

13. Shirt+Pants

Shirt+Pants Senior member

[​IMG]
    jcrew, eg, banana republic

I like the way your shirts fit. I'm guessing you have them tailored. Do you usually have them taken in everywhere (back, sides, sleeves)?

14. quattro88

quattro88 Active Member

Moved down to a 1inch cuff. no pics cuz i'm at work. Thanks for the feedback.

Throw a full frontal pic if you can for proportion's sake.

Not so sure if the 1 inch cuff would word because of the slightly baggy jeans and the shirt length (quick visual says the shirt falls right to the bottom of the rise when straightened, but correct me if I'm wrong). Plus Asians like us who are cursed (blessed?) with the more 5:5 figure would ideally want to elongate the legs as long as possible, so not sure why you'd want the cuff as it pulls emphasis on the shortened leg silhouette.

Nice shirt and watch though.

15. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Those Deus bikes are total hotness. Oh, and you're lookin good, too [​IMG]
    - ThanKS

PG , another one lol
    There is nothing contrived about him, its his lifestyle

- Thanks & just living my way! [​IMG]

- Nice, where can I get one?

PG is in his own league, and an inspiration to us all...
    although i wouldn't wear the beads!

For the record though, and I've stated this many times before, I very much like Phat Guido's style and all of his wardrobe, both separated and combined. I just don't like the beads.
    - they were gifts.. I don't think they really thought much about how or when I would wear or actually if I would every wear them LOL. But I do know she appreciates it that I am wearing them.

yeah creepy smile. classic SF
    RRL Shirt
    RRL One Wash Selvaged Straight Leg
    Frye Boots
    Leather Belt
    PAM
    J.Crew Canvas Bag

- good stuff.. Now pick up your markers & RC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.