• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I have a Yashica, that's a Yashica.
I'll take your word for it. Do you have a flickr page or anything? I picked up the Yashica-Mat with the 80/3.2 Lumaxar a week or two at an estate sale. Pretty excited about it.

Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
And that shirt's lower button detailing calls attention to the crotch-al area in an odd way.
Nah, it's a good way to find a new girlfriend who is more understanding of his enthusiasm about Self Edge visits.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Just catching up on posting some fits from the past week. WTF, I have calves IRL.
- Very cool

Back to Topic

Temp - 19c/66.2F, nothing like winter sunshine in Sydney
Days Agenda - Sunday, real coffee & real pastries.. Much discussion about how & why the Wallabies lost to the All Blacks last night..

Where else but..Doppio machiatio!
P7190117-1.jpg
P7190111-1.jpg

Details
P7190100-1.jpg
P7190123.jpg

P7190106.jpg
P7190112-1.jpg

P7190135-1.jpg

Sun-glasses "Carey" TF58, brown TS - Tom Ford
Pea Coat Navy wool melton - Muji
Sweater Chocolate 3/4 zip cashmere - Uniqlo
Shirt Creme w mocha & rust tattersal check. Combed cotton BD - MFM Peter Lee
Watch SS Ingenuier 3227-01- IWC
Ring Sterling Silver "Intrecciato" weave - Bottega Veneta
Bracelet Various Chinese Karma & friendship beads
Belt Canali
Jean Raw denim "RB2x" - Rag & Bone
Socks\tPaul Smith
Boots Tan suede. unlined. Flex-welt sold "Chukka" - Alden
Bag Chocolate calf "intrecatto" weave - Bottega Veneta
Odeur\tOriginal Musk Blend #1 - Kiehls

jwagner15

Reaction score
3733920825_9e4484eef9_m.jpg

3733919959_52681ef430_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3662/...fc875c.jpg?v=0

Sounders Replica Jersey
Levi's
Mr. Jones Watches: The Mantra
Ray Ban New Wayfarers (Black)
Adidas Sambas 60

Let me know what you think, I've been working on getting the right fit a lot more, and I think I've improved greatly over my past posting. Also, since when are the Wayfarers the "in" style this year? I got some because I wanted to live out Reservoir Dog fantasies, and now everyone has them.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whodini.. It's actually a rolleiflex-T. Sorry-looks like the next round of Timmy-Ho's is on you. edit: You were right about the camera in my winter WAYWT (a while ago) being a Yashica. Zissou.. I was so close to buying that garbstore blouson at their brick and mortar store last week. Then I realized I don't have any money. It looks great on you!

dast

Reaction score
phat guido, I think I really love that muji pea...could you pls post a full pic of its fitting?

first try (going out for sushi with gf):

y´s jacket
master coat small checked shirt
deyk jeans
ferre shoes
market scarf, self made neckerchief (by cutting off an edge of cheap markets scarf)

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zissou, great stuff although not sure about the blouson with the red shorts. Looks a bit too heavy on the top. What's wrong with the red shirt? It looks perfect. I love the first fit with the haversack shirt. Nice.
Couldn't resist...take the blouson off and wear the banadana with the tee and shorts...put the blouson over the red chambray...you have great pieces!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Whodini.. It's actually a rolleiflex-T. Sorry-looks like the next round of Timmy-Ho's is on you. edit: You were right about the camera in my winter WAYWT (a while ago) being a Yashica. Zissou.. I was so close to buying that garbstore blouson at their brick and mortar store last week. Then I realized I don't have any money. It looks great on you!
This won't end well for you.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zissou, the red chambray looks great, and so does alot of the other pieces. However, I cant get down with the extreme shortness and slimness of your shorts, just doesnt work with the rest and the vibe to me.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and advice, everyone.
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
I'm fond of your combos, and love the shirt selections. The first outfit, though, is way off IMO. I don't love shorter shorts, but even w/out that, the closeness of color and fabric (apparently anyway) doesn't work. And that shirt's lower button detailing calls attention to the crotch-al area in an odd way. Your new Chimalas look great. And that red MTM shirt is insane. I think it will be too small for me, but I'll keep my eyes peeled!
Chambray with denim is classic!
smile.gif
I really can't wear longer/baggier shorts or my legs look like toothpicks. I'll give the chambray shirt a try with something else...
Originally Posted by wmmk
Nah, it's a good way to find a new girlfriend who is more understanding of his enthusiasm about Self Edge visits.
Exactly
smile.gif
I know the Haversack styling can be pretty out there, and this shirt was probably tamer than most. I'll probably try it tucked at some point, but I'm pretty happy with it for a summer shirt as is.
Originally Posted by whodini
I hope zissou likes the smell of those jeans.
They smell like flowers.
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Zissou.. I was so close to buying that garbstore blouson at their brick and mortar store last week. Then I realized I don't have any money. It looks great on you!
Thanks, man. I can't resist serious maritime type stuff like this!
Originally Posted by berlin report
zissou, great stuff although not sure about the blouson with the red shorts. Looks a bit too heavy on the top. What's wrong with the red shirt? It looks perfect. I love the first fit with the haversack shirt. Nice. Couldn't resist...take the blouson off and wear the banadana with the tee and shorts...put the blouson over the red chambray...you have great pieces!
Thanks, I will give that a try! You can't tell from the pictures, but the red shirt is a bit tight in the shoulders. I noticed it was about an inch short in the shoulders compared to my measurements, so the guy who made it sent me a second one
thumbs-up.gif
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Nice details on the shirt. I like the cigarette pocket. I also had a chambray workshirt shirt made for myself, but with a cigar compartment on the left breast pocket.
Was it red? He mentioned he was making a similar red chambray for someone in the Philippines...
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
zissou, the red chambray looks great, and so does alot of the other pieces. However, I cant get down with the extreme shortness and slimness of your shorts, just doesnt work with the rest and the vibe to me.
I can understand, but like I said, I really can't do long baggy shorts. Believe me, I've tried!
tongue.gif
Originally Posted by Oxnard
The shaved head/no beard works very well with your look, most people cannot pull that off as well as you do.
Thanks, it's really my only option at this point!
wink.gif
I usually put a beard on for winter, which works pretty well with my FW EG and MF stuff.
Originally Posted by Teger
I think you should get the KMW tee tailored slightlyyyy smaller
Yeah, I've thought about it. I'm so sick of dealing with tailors lately, though. I'll probably try shrinking it up a little in the drier when it comes time for a wash...

JSTF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Was it red? He mentioned he was making a similar red chambray for someone in the Philippines...
nope =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics