(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homme

Homme Senior member

^ Awesome. Esp. love the blue trench. Details please ?

2. barims

barims Senior member

^^ Thank you. Junya Watanabe SS/07 in double sided nylon. The cabbie cap is a Kangol collab from the same collection: [​IMG]

3. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

All this week's outfits are here, except Tuesday's. I discard the flashier details before work each morning and replace them straight after:

Nice socks.

4. Homme

Homme Senior member

^^ Thank you. Junya Watanabe SS/07 in double sided nylon. The cabbie cap is a Kangol collab from the same collection

Thanks. Chances of tracking one down are probably less than zero [​IMG].

5. barims

barims Senior member

Nice socks.

Cheers

Thanks. Chances of tracking one down are probably less than zero [​IMG].

I found mine on eBay, so anything's possible. There's a black and white one trench that popped up slightly more frequently. If I see it again, I'll shout

6. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

So many good fits lately.

Barims always looking like a stunnah.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

All this week's outfits are here, except Tuesday's. I discard the flashier details before work each morning and replace them straight after:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like the DB, ditch the fun socks, you don't need to underline that you dress quirky, it's obvious.

8. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

No, he looks like he works in accounts payable and has a reputation for his quirky belt collection. 5/10

Agreed. Ill fitting shirt to boot.

9. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

NewYorkRanger - I say two of those things must go. The hat should be one of 'em.

10. barims

barims Senior member

Barims always looking like a stunnah.
    You're the man, Vanna. I bought a grey roll neck recently and all I need is a fresh chain to start doing homages to your fits
    Like the DB, ditch the fun socks, you don't need to underline that you dress quirky, it's obvious.
    Aww, but they're based on Ledger's socks from The Dark Knight. How else am I going to make my evil clown persona obvious? Thanks, and I'll think about using them in more conservative outfits instead

11. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

[​IMG]

Kiton
    NdG
    The Flat Head
    Vass

- B

I think that the fit of the NDG jeans looks great. However, I own a lot of NDG jeans, and imo, the waist is rather high on the jeans. I think this causes your torso to look smaller than what it is. Perhaps untucking the shirt would help?

12. Shirt+Pants

Shirt+Pants Senior member

Did you roll up your short sleeves? Too tight/short I think.

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I think that the fit of the NDG jeans looks great. However, I own a lot of NDG jeans, and imo, the waist is rather high on the jeans. I think this causes your torso to look smaller than what it is. Perhaps untucking the shirt would help?

Yeah, this is the danger of taking pics first thing in the morning...they're already riding lower at this point just from sitting and walking a bit.

The Kiton has super long tails like a dress shirt, and it would look like mini-dress if I wore it untucked. I'm an old geezer, so I can do a bit more of a geezer-y look than most of you guys.

- B

14. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

[​IMG]

Kiton
    NdG
    The Flat Head
    Vass

- B

The proportions of this made me laugh quite uncontrollably for a few seconds.

Being such a well-loved staple of MC and a top poster to boot, I don't think this is a good outfit. The materials and colours look splendid, but the iffy collar, super high rise jeans, and crass belt do you no favours.

You'd be better off with a shirt which perhaps looks acceptable untucked, with a BD collar, and some less formal shoes (brown suede), and less break of the jeans. At least I think so.

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

The proportions of this made me laugh quite uncontrollably for a few seconds.

Being such a well-loved staple of MC and a top poster to boot, I don't think this is a good outfit. The materials and colours look splendid, but the iffy collar, super high rise jeans, and crass belt do you no favours.

You'd be better off with a shirt which perhaps looks acceptable untucked, with a BD collar, and some less formal shoes (brown suede), and less break of the jeans. At least I think so.

Hah! If I can be entertaining, then I have done my job.

I don't think that the NdGs are "super high rise" (these have an 11" rise, I think), but I completely buy your point that sitting lower on the hips would be better than what's in the photo (they're already sitting lower now than in the pic)...and that maybe they could be hemmed up a bit. This is only the second time I've worn them, and given my experience with NdGs, I'm going to expect the waist to stretch out about another inch, which will help. Once they're settled in, and gone through one soak or wash, I'll decide to hem them or not. I hope that makes sense.

Overall though: I think that what you propose is a variant of the Party-line look of the SW&D forum...a bit of safety in dullness. Believe me, I completely understand the superiority of dullness in most situations.

- B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.