1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

Makes me rethink selling my Fred Perry shirts.

2. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

3. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

It's hot today... really hot. [​IMG] [​IMG] JCrew hickey Seiko Nagrani Barker Black
    whoa dude. sick shoes.

4. PinkPantser

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

whoa dude. sick shoes.

Thanks. I don't think they make this exact model in a boot, but Barker Black does make boots - and some nice ones... to boot. [​IMG]

6. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Back to Topic

Temp
    16c - 30c, overcast, hot and no doubt humid - thats winter in Brisbane for you.

Days Agenda
    Saturday 29th Aug 2009, anything is better than work..
    Usual Saturday kick start of coffee with friends and scrambled eggs at home, then gym, and work on my Farinelli FP competition entries.

Saturday morning casual. FP shirt for competition inspiration
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Kick-start, coffee down the road, home cooked eggs w/ smoked salmon! And the Broncos won last night!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Laundry List
    Sunglasses: Tom Ford "Mackenzie"
    Polo: Fred Perry MIJ
    Belt: Brown KMW Hand forged
    Denim: Skull 5010 6x6
    Sneakers: Common Projects Perforated Achilles​

Haha, A+ work there.

7. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

kudos on switching shoes on a hm/zara/br mannequin and getting it to pose with a phone
    Thanks. Getting it to stay still was the hard part.

8. PinkPantser

Just found the Stats feature on photobucket - shows how many times your photos have been viewed and from what sites. The vast majority of the views come from SF (obviously), but it also showed that one of my pictures was getting hits from twoplustwo (where i'm also a member). Guy there posts my picture and says "Just to be clear, I have no desire to ever look like this douchebag." LOL (you guys that backed me up are sweethearts, btw)

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'm torn between judging people with 1000s of posts on a poker forum, and the whole "lest ye be judged" thing.

10. theom-

theom- Senior member

HAHAHA Lachy, that is great. You do PG almost as good as PG does PG. Those skulls look nice. I will probably end up getting a pair of those.

11. robbie

robbie Senior member

lachy, great stuff. i'd wear different shoes, but only because i don't like cp's personally. all in all solid fit... which makes me want the white navy red FP shirt more than i already did

robbie

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

Nice A3, Lachy. I have the low-budget version called the Rabbit. Still a fun car.

13. theom-

theom- Senior member

Just found the Stats feature on photobucket - shows how many times your photos have been viewed and from what sites.

The vast majority of the views come from SF (obviously), but it also showed that one of my pictures was getting hits from twoplustwo (where i'm also a member). Guy there posts my picture and says "Just to be clear, I have no desire to ever look like this douchebag." LOL

(you guys that backed me up are sweethearts, btw)

If you read that post he has about denim above that post about you he says,

"Should be like $1k which is like whatever" and then goes on to talk about how not buying several pairs of raw denim at once is a "weakass reason".

I feel like punching this guy in the face.

14. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

It's hot today... really hot.

JCrew
    hickey
    Seiko
    Nagrani
    Barker Black

You definitely look thinner. Since you returned from your hiatus your fits have been much better. I hope you feel the same.

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

Just found the Stats feature on photobucket - shows how many times your photos have been viewed and from what sites.

The vast majority of the views come from SF (obviously), but it also showed that one of my pictures was getting hits from twoplustwo (where i'm also a member). Guy there posts my picture and says "Just to be clear, I have no desire to ever look like this douchebag." LOL

(you guys that backed me up are sweethearts, btw)

don't sell yourself short, he adds: "Although he is apparently wearing nice shoes. And his clothes fit better than mine. But that ****ing sweater is something you will never catch me in thank you."

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

got my hurr did [​IMG] these jeans are levis japan 646 and i love them dearly [​IMG] [​IMG] had dinner with girlfriend and her parents tonight before we move off to montreal, was a lot of fun. brandy peppercorn new york steak: [​IMG] also digging the phatty satire posts

17. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

I'll be honest; it takes a big dick to post those pictures here.

18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I'll be honest; it takes a big dick to post those pictures here.

i'll be honest; i have a huge dick

19. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

Haha, yeah. Maybe you should wear tighter pants then, clear up any confusion people might have. [​IMG]

20. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Serious advice for Uncontrol:

I'm all about bold, theatrical dressing. I'm a performer myself and certainly have some wild pieces, but it's important to still live in the real world. A great (and enjoyable) challenge is to dress inventively and boldly without looking like an attention whore or a marilyn manson groupie. Look to brands that do sophisticated takes on goth/punk fashion like Rick Owens, Julius and Number (N)ine. Even if you can't afford them it's great inspiration. Remember that to break the rules, you must first know them.

Yohji Yamamoto has a great line about how by sticking to a somber palate of blacks and greys he can get away with aggressive and uncommon silhouettes. If you want to use odd materials or fits or shapes (which I think is great) then work with simple dark colors. If you want to wear flamboyant patterns and colors (a la Comme Des Garcons), then maybe stick to more tailored, classic pieces.

Basically I'm telling you there's a way to have your cake and eat it too, to dress uniquely with Japanese and rock'n'roll influences but still look good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.