(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

[​IMG]

Keep as is, tailor, or return?

Talk to a tailor and have him/her tell you how much it would be to work on it a bit. It's probably really boxy right now, so I would just have them raise the armholes considerably. and maybe shorten the shirt a bit. I dunno I think you can pull it off. If you really aren't satisfied with the shirt just return it...or you could try distressing it by hand. [​IMG] Usually doesn't work out very well though. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really like that Our Legacy shirt, should have kopped when it was still around in my size. [​IMG]

Back to Topic
    [​IMG]

F/wear\t Dark blue French calf cap toe blucher - Jil Sander

YAY for Jil shoes! [​IMG]

Jeans need to be 2 inches longer IMO.

I like pants a bit shorter, I go back and forth on it though.

[​IMG]

Margaret Howell Shirt - Wish this fit more like BoO [​IMG]
    J Lindeberg waxed black jeans
    Barney's boots

This is good. Like that shirt.

[​IMG]

PRL/J. Crew/BB

the pants are a bit baggy on the leg but couldnt leave em up for 15 bucks lol

Don't listen to whoever told your your polo is too big; it fits fine, you're just real skinny. It looks fine. See if you can bring your shorts to a tailor and have them slim them up and maybe give them a cuff.

2. sartre864

sartre864 Senior member

I know PRL isn't indie, which is why the advice applies to him considering there's a kids collection from Ralph Lauren.

3. sartre864

sartre864 Senior member

Don't listen to whoever told your your polo is too big; it fits fine, you're just real skinny. It looks fine. See if you can bring your shorts to a tailor and have them slim them up and maybe give them a cuff.

"Don't listen to whoever suggested slimming your shorts; they fit fine, you're just really skinny."

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

Even danracer thinks his shorts are too baggy, which they are a little. I can sympathize, though. He and I pretty much have the same build.

5. toothsomesound

"Don't listen to whoever suggested slimming your shorts; they fit fine, you're just really skinny."
    [​IMG] It's a little different for a number of reasons. 1- That shirt fits him, lengthwise and in the shoulders and chest. He just has scrawny arms. I do too, but he's a bit worse off than me. I don't think it's to the point where it looks ridiculous though I'm not sure how a children's XL would look on him. I'm imagining it being not very good but maybe you've had more experience with that than me. I'm fairly certain a tailor would not be able to do anything with those sleeves. 2- Those shorts are not cut very well at all. Most shorts are not. Looks like a tent. If you want your off the rack shorts to look good and be cheap, chances are you're going to have to get them tailored. It would not be a difficult process and would probably be inexpensive. No reason for him to throw away the shorts.

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That's not his look.

BUT WHAT IF IT WAS?

7. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

wmk, the shirt doesnt look bad, and seems to fit well. The question is how you´ll wear it? Skin tight Apc´s wont cut it if your going for the Kerouac vibe.

No, the APC's won't cut it. I was thinking about Imperial Dukes. They've got a 12 inch rise and are a slim/straight kind of fit you think that'd work, or should I go with an even looser repro cut?

8. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

[​IMG] It's a little different for a number of reasons.

1- That shirt fits him, lengthwise and in the shoulders and chest. He just has scrawny arms. I do too, but he's a bit worse off than me. I don't think it's to the point where it looks ridiculous though I'm not sure how a children's XL would look on him. I'm imagining it being not very good but maybe you've had more experience with that than me. I'm fairly certain a tailor would not be able to do anything with those sleeves.
    2- Those shorts are not cut very well at all. Most shorts are not. Looks like a tent. If you want your off the rack shorts to look good and be cheap, chances are you're going to have to get them tailored. It would not be a difficult process and would probably be inexpensive. No reason for him to throw away the shorts.

the polo looks kinda ridiculous...

i never know whether its easier to get childrens clothes or to work out and beef up chest/arms... i dont understand how theres so many <36R running around when all it takes is a couple of weeks to get most average height people (5' 10'' accordign to wiki) up to 38R.

9. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

i dont understand how theres so many <36R running around when all it takes is a couple of weeks to get most average height people (5' 10'' accordign to wiki) up to 38R.
    Because some of us are really lazy.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

perfect outfit for you IMO

[​IMG]

Raf Simons
    KZO
    Wings + Horns

11. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

[​IMG]

ToJ varsity in SF colours
    BoO
    SDA-103
    redwings

12. toothsomesound

^Awesome.

wmmk, take notes.

13. ahk1979

ahk1979 Senior member

Is that bag made by Beckel? How do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one but I have no way of being able to see it in person

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is. I got it at In God We Trust in NYC, so instead of having a Beckel tag, it has an In God We Trust tag on it. Of course that means I over paid for it, but I still really like it. If you can get it for the price on the Beckel site, then I think you should grab one forsure.

14. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

[​IMG] PRL/J. Crew/BB the pants are a bit baggy on the leg but couldnt leave em up for 15 bucks lol
    You're taking advice and we can all see the results. I'd take a more mellow colour polo but I'm a monochromatic kind of guy, and it's purely down to preference. Shorts look marginally better with a cuff but they're still a tad flarey. I cannot for the life of me understand how the template for shorts everywhere is fucking morbidly hideous. I'd wager it's a fairly easy job for a tailor to alter, but it would probably be more economical to buy a pair of slim chinos from UO, and then cut them off. Look forward to seeing your next fit, bruno.
    the polo looks kinda ridiculous... i never know whether its easier to get childrens clothes or to work out and beef up chest/arms... i dont understand how theres so many <36R running around when all it takes is a couple of weeks to get most average height people (5' 10'' accordign to wiki) up to 38R.
    No, it doesn't look ridiculous. Coming from someone who pays the very closest attention to how the sleeve hugs the arm - you're wrong. It doesn't billow out ridiculously, it's just not tight. With danracer's frame it'd be difficult to find a low-end polo with a better fit. EDIT: @Vashin - straight up dogging it. Truth.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Agreed about polo fit, tight would be ridiculous. We need some kind of moderation on who is allowed to give out advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.