• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildo

Reaction score
wmmk, nice doorknob bracelet
smile.gif

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Heh, basically the entire Eno catalog should be re-imagined as Doom/Black Metal. But yeah, it's one of my favorite recent releases: http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydr...=4_135&store=0 You can also try it out free on a couple mp3 blogs if you're savvy with the google. ITT: We measure our obscure music dicks.
I haven't listened/heard of that album but the first thing that came to mind when hearing Brian Eno x Death Metal is Sunn O))), which I don't mind for a few minutes then it gets annoying, bit too repettive. Second thing that comes to mind for some reason is Merzbow, which is the technical term for ear **** (it's noisecore).

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
******* awesome. they mostly played stuff from the new album, which was too bad, because i liked shut up i am dreaming and random spirit lover better. spencer's intensity was still really amazing, though. elfin saddle was surprisingly good, even though their instrumentation was a little gimmicky and they got a little repetitive. check them out.

camilla is really hot in person. she has a good sense of humor.

I can vouch for this. Saw them a couple weeks ago in Seattle and enjoyed it very much. I really like the new one especially the last song. I was lucky enough to be front stage right in front of Camilla, she is dreamy.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
Barims my man, are those the Jil colorblock shoes from this S/S?

Not so, fella, they're a thrifted pair of Paul Smith derbies. I'm not certain which S/S they're from. I don't follow Jil/Raf too closely, but I'd be amazed with myself if I could actually afford them, even on sale. All my Junya buys have been heavily discounted

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* awesome. they mostly played stuff from the new album, which was too bad, because i liked shut up i am dreaming and random spirit lover better.

As long as they played The Mending of the Gown and/or Trumpet, Trumpet, Toot! Toot! it would still be worth it.

on topic- PG and BR, as solid as ever. Barims is rocking the junya well, one his best fits. AWR looks good too.

jwied82

Reaction score
******* awesome. they mostly played stuff from the new album, which was too bad, because i liked shut up i am dreaming and random spirit lover better. spencer's intensity was still really amazing, though. elfin saddle was surprisingly good, even though their instrumentation was a little gimmicky and they got a little repetitive. check them out.

camilla is really hot in person. she has a good sense of humor.

A few years ago i saw an all-girl band she was in called Pony Up!, and i remember thinking she was really cute.

I've been listening to random spirit alot lately. All i've heard from dragonslayer is the song "idiot heart", but i really really like it and thought it was as good as anything from the other albums.
I've been planning on going to a record store soon and picking it up.

nocoolonesleft

Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
looking at me messy jorts!
DSC_0282.jpg

Paul & Joe shirt
old jorts
Junghans watch
Superga

Your shots are always very nice. Do you set up on a tripod and place something where you're going to stand and focus on that in order to get that nice shallow DOF? Or doe someone else take the photo for you?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Berlin makes everyone else looks like ****.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

That's the truth! God, BR, I think you've just inspired me to make some jorts. I love the shirt- it reeks of summer.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Berlin makes everyone else looks like ****.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Haha, Andrew, thanks but I don't think that's true.

Originally Posted by nocoolonesleft
Your shots are always very nice. Do you set up on a tripod and place something where you're going to stand and focus on that in order to get that nice shallow DOF? Or doe someone else take the photo for you?
I do most shots myself with a tripod and a shutter remote (you can see it in my hand). I use a 70-300mm zoom and stand about 15 feet away from the camera to get the shallow DOF. It usually takes around 3 tries to get it right.

Braid, thanks and nice to see you posting again.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing shirt. Agree with the above, fantastic fit Berlin.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Homemade shorts FTW!!! Those jorts are perfect Berlin Report, just loose enough and rolled effortlessly without looking too sloppy. Great work.
DSC_0018.jpg
Should I tuck...?
DSC_0019.jpg
Maybe I should grab the hat...
DSC_0021.jpg
Went for a belt instead. Ralph Lauren safari shirt Theory shorts BR belt J Crew desert boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads