1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Senior member

bottom line did u smash?

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

sw&d comrades - does this look too 'orchestra' for your tastes for a guest at a wedding?

[​IMG]

epaulet, hickey (suit is navy, not black), paul smith

I know how people feel about neckwear in these parts, but is that an oxford shirt you're wearing it with? I'm seeing puckering in the placket or some sort of extra dimension that doesn't fit with the smoothness of your impeccable suit fit + the bowtie (which I really don't find necessary)... I like the Americana steez just as much as the next dude but I prefer broadcloth shirts with suits, especially with neckwear.

3. impolyt_one

bottom line did u smash?

It appears he did so. Are Gallardos common in Socal? I see them fairly regularly here in Seoul, more often than V8 F-cars.

4. jet

jet Senior member

I'd say so but there are more murcis rolling about. After lunch and the margiela store we headed to coffee bean on sunset to just post up. On the drive to and there I saw 5 or 6 430s one of them being a scuderia. Of course this was through beverly hills to hollywood so that's to be expected with the usual spattering of phantoms (one of my personal favs), murcis, slr and even a diablo. One car we haven't seen much of and another one of my favs is the 997 gt2 oddly enough it's a rare beast so far.

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

are the jeans really that color of blue or is it the lighting?

They're a bit brighter and slightly purplish IRL.

6. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

i saw a slr mclaren last time i was in beverly hills ( last week ). siiiick [​IMG]

7. jet

jet Senior member

I'll take that as a yes.

SLRs are dime a dozen there is a matte black one rolling around on some brabus lookin anodized mono VIs kinda terrible looking. Saw a matte black quattroporte rimmed up too trend has gotten out of hand.

8. Eason

Eason Senior member

Rims are previous level history; boat-shoe tires = baller status

but my dingy, windowless van's tires are made from desert boot suede

9. impolyt_one

I snicker a little bit when I see Gallardos because I know the guy is inside listening to the same in-dash 6 cd changer audio that I have on my Audi wagon, using the same ignition key, lol. Where's the value huh? Best color for the Phantom: this teal'y deep metallic green that some baller here in Seoul has had for like 4-5 years, and this is back when it was like a milli over here. I see him ridin around in it still. GT2's are rare here too because they cost $300K. You know what car is surprisingly rare in Seoul? E90 M3s... surprising because every good Korean worth his kimchi loves the emmuh seureeez. The car that people buy over it is the C63, I've seen 4 V8 M3's in the past year, but probably 4 C63's in the past week here, they're that common... anyhow... BTW I forgot to mention that the TOJ varsity fit is good too. [​IMG] The shoulders are spot on, it's always harder putting slim clothes on atheletic dudes but I think we made it work well...

10. jet

jet Senior member

I snicker a little bit when I see Gallardos because I know the guy is inside listening to the same in-dash 6 cd changer audio that I have on my Audi wagon, using the same ignition key, lol. Where's the value huh?
    Best color for the Phantom: this teal'y deep metallic green that some baller here in Seoul has had for like 4-5 years, and this is back when it was like a milli over here. I see him ridin around in it still. GT2's are rare here too because they cost $300K.

You know what car is surprisingly rare in Seoul? E90 M3s... surprising because every good Korean worth his kimchi loves the emmuh seureeez. The car that people buy over it is the C63, I've seen 4 V8 M3's in the past year, but probably 4 C63's in the past week here, they're that common...

BTW I forgot to mention that the TOJ varsity fit is good too. [​IMG] The shoulders are spot on, it's always harder putting slim clothes on atheletic dudes but I think we made it work well...

Double lol @ audi componentry and typically gallardo dus are the ones who can't afford the murcis however I do really like the LP560 which they've done quite nicely. New m3s are everywhere but they just don't have the appeal or presence the e46s had/still have, they're like not a big deal anymore. The ko-reunz do love them baller C classes though (lol @ emmuch seureez). If I were to do a phantom it would be two-tone.

Varsity does look real nice too.

11. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

yeeeah i don't know anything about cars but my cousin from atlanta was geeking out while we were driving around bh. i think he has a convertible e46 m3. apparently there aren't a lot of slr's in atlanta because he told me he's never seen one before that day p.s. I gotta be a gentleman online jet, never know who's watching [​IMG] double p.s. the W may be the sickest hotel I have ever been in. and on the subject of cars. i had this discussion with my cousin but I hope I never get into the car thing because there's always something better / newer / faster / nicer out in a few years and I hate to not like what I drive (as much) after putting up so much for it.

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Hate to interrupt car talk [​IMG] [​IMG] Benetton NDG Clarks Super inspiring, I know. excuse the intense waking up face plz

13. djh

djh Senior member

and on the subject of cars. i had this discussion with my cousin but I hope I never get into the car thing because there's always something better / newer / faster / nicer out in a few years and I hate to not like what I drive (as much) after putting up so much for it.
    ^kinda like clothes. classics are classics but theres always something new.

no one drives carreras cus chicks think they're all just regular ones, cant differentiate between a carrera and a gt3 or turbo? they'd rather get a maserati at that price. quattroportes are everywhere where i live..

btw nothing beats a e46 m3. can be had for 20k or less now, saving up for one (will probably go with an e46 335 coupe instead, gas mileage + being a student). even weight ratio is a huge difference.

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

well wtih clothes, you can buy the newer/ cooler every season

shit if i was a bajillionaire i'd rotate cars like shoes

15. robbie

robbie Senior member

i am only a scarf, a man bag and a 'hip' haircut away from working at urban outfitters... [thumbs down, way down... totally giving this too small tshirt to the wife]

[​IMG]
    thrifted jim davis/garfield t from 1978
    orange tab slim levis 631's
    barefoot [no shoes in the house!]

16. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

i think that shirt will be slim-fit on your wife robbie [​IMG]

17. greg_1006

greg_1006 Member

[​IMG]

TOJ Varsity
    AA
    APC NS
    Spring Court

These were taken for fit pics on the varsity. It was taken off after this due to it not being climatically appropriate.

love this, where did you get the jacket ? Also did you size down or go with your same size for the NS?

18. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

if it means anything, i like tagutcow more than alot of foolios on this board.

damn...so, this place is still douchebag central?

Thank you. Please feel free to join the Official Tagutcow Fanclub, where you can discuss the finer points of Tagutcow's ouevre with such Styleforum luminaries as Neo_Version_7, NYC Gaucho, and Tagutcow!

yes...and, i would like to thank tags for his bi-annual reference to me...in this way i shall live on in the hearts of all sw&d faithful...even the fags who put me on their ignore list [​IMG]

19. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

is TOJ making anything else. I think the varsity's are nice but i'd never wear one

20. robbie

robbie Senior member

damn...so, this place is still douchebag central?

yes...and, i would like to thank tags for his bi-annual reference to me...in this way i shall live on in the hearts of all sw&d faithful...even the fags who put me on their ignore list [​IMG]

if it is any consolation you aren't on my ignore list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.