1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonHecht

JonHecht Senior member

I think that he meant to say that you're a dirty lyre. You should really get cleaned and tuned.

2. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

I think that he meant to say that you're a dirty lyre. You should really get cleaned and tuned.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was saying I was the King of Briton. Which also explains the dirty part because he probably didn't shower much

3. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

you are like the aussie don draper
    [​IMG]
    Are you talking about Phat Guido? Mine isn't thin. No hate.
    I have fine not thick like straw ASHIN hair not thin hair [​IMG]
    Why the fuck are you wearing flip flops with a button up shirt? Are you trying to say "I'm dressed up yet laid back at the same time"? Or are you off to a beach wedding?
    - you should see here in AUS, everyone where's them
    Yo! PG!
    How's the Oly Pen compared to the D-Lux 4?
    Tnx!

- very different toys. But I do like the CMOS sensor & the inter change-able lens
    - I like

4. GuidoWongolini

Back to Topic

Temp
    10c - 29c, another great day in SYD
    Days Agenda
    Tuesday 18th Aug 2009, usual stuff

Repost from last nights SYD SF Rump & Rib BUMPING Session
    - side note, 2 had already left.. So good turnout & as usual the black heads where in FORCE

[​IMG]

Same, same.. I may actually stop posting until I get back home as I ran out of combinations 2 weeks AGO! Not crying out for Mootention, just speaking out my thoughts
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some things don't need changing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. RCG Tiburon

RCG Tiburon Senior member

Back to Topic

Temp
    10c - 29c, another great day in SYD
    Days Agenda
    Tuesday 18th Aug 2009, usual stuff​

PG what is that little bump at your shoulder called? i don't like the way the sleeve kind of pokes up and breaks the line of the shoulder, but you seem to do it quite often.​

6. GuidoWongolini

PG what is that little bump at your shoulder called? i don't like the way the sleeve kind of pokes up and breaks the line of the shoulder, but you seem to do it quite often.
    - the bump? at the sleeve head? If so, that is hallowed grounds in the Italian Neapolitan tailoring world aka spalla camicia.
    http://www.esquire.com/style/obsessi.../obsession0607
    http://mfanblog.blogspot.com/2007/04...an-jacket.html
    http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/T...anShoulder.htm
    - this is where the sleeve is attached like a shirt with excess cloth for ease of movt as the arm hole is also very high & tight. Also, there is just one layer of padding. In essence, I can roll my jackets up like a cardigan & SHOVE into a bag..
    - also I have quote slopped shoulders
    - hope this helps
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jet

jet Senior member

^You talking about the roped shoulders? Ah didn't see the pleats on back nm.

PG, what brand/last is the wingtip in group shot?

I thought SF members had an unspoken agreement that reading was too much effort and it was better to just regurgitate the same questions and statements until Jet's head explodes all over his $1500 cashmere sweater we've never seen a picture of him wearing?

Are you saying you want to see it? You haven't seen me wear anything anyway lulz.

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

^^^

Love the varsity jacket. Would love to hear your impressions of the materials, textures, etc. How warm is it -- is it lined?

The wool and leather are really smooth and soft. Dismal said something about wanting to make it so women want to touch the jacket; he definitely managed that. The construction looks solid too. It's quite thin and not insulated, so it's not suitable for a winter jacket (depends on the climate I suppose). I'm overall really happy with it and my back account trembles in anticipation of future TOJ releases.

9. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

Oh, and the cut is excellent. I've really been impressed by H&M's cuts. It seems they go after the slightly muscley yet lean physique. I'm scrawny yet gaining weight, so it fit until I gained a little more. If you're really skinny, stocky, or really muscley, I could see it not fitting well at all.

Weirdly, their regular button-up shirts (in L) fit me far better than any other shirt I've tried. So I'm not sure what was going on there. I was a bit disappointed; I liked the shirt, other than how it fit.

10. Eason

Eason Senior member

11. Arcanaville

Arcanaville Active Member

are the jeans really that color of blue or is it the lighting?

12. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

GoSurface, glasses/leather are great.

Helmut, I like the idea of it, but the jeans are too long and I'd prefer a different shirt with the loafers.

I hate Tostitos with a hint of lime, but they keep showing up in my kitchen.
    [​IMG]

Really nice fit. Nice to see compared to all the way too small stuff most people on here wear. What jeans?

13. APK

APK Senior member

Are you saying you want to see it? You haven't seen me wear anything anyway lulz.

Better do it before another boat shoe surfaces and the sweater's ruined by Jet head.

14. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

You haven't seen me wear anything anyway lulz.

Oh really?[​IMG]

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

Really nice fit. Nice to see compared to all the way too small stuff most people on here wear. What jeans?
    They look like 5ep but I'm sure he'll come around and say they're a pair of sc.

16. RCG Tiburon

RCG Tiburon Senior member

it looks like a closed seam, according to those links - am I right PG?

btw thanks for the links, very informative

17. Gutman

Gutman Senior member

[​IMG]

TOJ Varsity
    AA
    APC NS
    Spring Court

These were taken for fit pics on the varsity. It was taken off after this due to it not being climatically appropriate.

Nice. My version:

[​IMG]

I bought the jacket when I was a teenager (late 80's...) and I dug it out again a few months ago. I used to get heaps of hassles about it, but they are back in now (I think?).

Rest is: Cheap tee and plaid shirt, Levi511, and Loake double sole, storm-welted, royal long-wing brogue, in Scotch grain (phewww....). Otherwise I just wear some skinny jeans and sneakers with it.

18. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

^^ Yeah that piece from the Foo blog is pretty amazing. But PG's shoulder bumps don't look anything like the Italian thing, whatever it's called.

19. GuidoWongolini

- no idea, will ask next time I see the guys
    it looks like a closed seam, according to those links - am I right PG?
    btw thanks for the links, very informative

- not sure on the minor details, can check with tailor next time
    ^^ Yeah that piece from the Foo blog is pretty amazing. But PG's shoulder bumps don't look anything like the Italian thing, whatever it's called.
    - there are varying degrees of puffiness (but nothing like the pirate shirt from Seinfeld..)
    - here is an interesting blog by one of the more out there ropped/spalla camicia tailors
    http://sciamat.wordpress.com/

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

back from SD, couple of snaps from the weekend.

gotta find a way to get the para sailing pictures up...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.