1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomad

nomad Senior member

Looking great timpo, and jwied are you wearing nc's or standards?

2. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

All the praise is much appreciated you guys. Chrono, we took tons of photos during the trip, but only a handful of shots with me in it head-to-toe. JO3B, the loose pants works for me since I've got a wide body and thick thighs, so it all balances out. Oxnard, I'm wearing the 19th BD shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Bobo, if you look closely I've got a blue vest on and blue socks, so not a 100% copy [​IMG].

3. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Cucinelli jacket Pink shirt Altea pocket square hickey chinos John Lobb Oakham in Tobacco Suede derbies

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

I'm sorry dude, but those pants fit bad. Look at all the extra fabric hanging off the thigh and the crotch.

6. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Is this a backhanded attempt at getting a better shot of my junk? I don't do super-tight pants, bud. These are quite tight and any "extra" fabric is an illusion.

I'm sorry dude, but those pants fit bad. Look at all the extra fabric hanging off the thigh and the crotch.

7. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Back to Topic

Temp - 26c - 30c, not humid until it rains later..
    Days Agenda - Tuesday, usual meetings, pick up MYSTERY stuff (you have been warned) & drop this SC to get shoulder pad & waist action, beer & burgarhs with iBlokes tonight

Had a weird expression - in all the pics!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. barims

barims Senior member

Is this a backhanded attempt at getting a better shot of my junk? I don't do super-tight pants, bud. These are quite tight and any "extra" fabric is an illusion.
    I'm inclined to agree with you on all counts. Besides, after seeing the difference in Holdfast's trousers created by two different camera angles, I'd rather judge a different shot than assume it's a bad fit. They look fine to me regardless, probably moreso after their future alteration Robbie - double or triple jointed?

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Raf Simons
    [​IMG] Justin and I went out for dinner. Here he is walking to the train.

10. robbie

robbie Senior member

barims- I don't believe I am double or triple jointed. Ijust rolled my ankles a lot playing basketball in chucks back in middle/early high school.

11. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

12. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Taking into account the brands involved here I would expect everything to fit better than it does. There are some crotch issues, but minor. The jacket length compared to the sleeve appears disproportionate, I'm nowhere near an expert on tailoring but I feel like the jacket needs to lose an inch in length. Finally a taller shirt collar would balance again the length of the jacket.

13. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Guess I gotta put this here [​IMG] All random Boutique brands from around Tokyo. Note on colors: Jacket is navy with a very faint pin stripe, glasses are dark Tortoise. Jacket is also a cropped fit, hence the kinda long arms and short body. I really like the material of the jacket as its really thin and light, cotton/linen blend. The shirt is also a cotton linen blend and thin with a herring bone ish texture. Also I would like to mention I need a new pocket square, anyone wanna suggest a color.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2yvutjb.jpg Comme des Garcons jacket Polo RL polo shirt J Crew chinos Dsquared leather sneakers
    Yeesh, go back to square one on this one. Size down or have everything properly tailored. Or just say fuck it all and actually get something that fits.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

[​IMG]
    Day off? It's a nice relaxed look.

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Taking into account the brands involved here I would expect everything to fit better than it does. There are some crotch issues, but minor. The jacket length compared to the sleeve appears disproportionate, I'm nowhere near an expert on tailoring but I feel like the jacket needs to lose an inch in length. Finally a taller shirt collar would balance again the length of the jacket.
    This is likely a matter of more classic styling vs. the new moderm "cut" you are thinking of. If the jacket were shorter by an inch, it would be praised here (maybe) and disliked in MC. As it is, MC likes the jacket but you find it too short.

16. mc25

mc25 Senior member

Guess I gotta put this here
    [​IMG]

All random Boutique brands from around Tokyo. Note on colors: Jacket is navy with a very faint pin stripe, glasses are dark Tortoise.
    Jacket is also a cropped fit, hence the kinda long arms and short body. I really like the material of the jacket as its really thin and light, cotton/linen blend. The shirt is also a cotton linen blend and thin with a herring bone ish texture.
    Also I would like to mention I need a new pocket square, anyone wanna suggest a color.

Yeesh, go back to square one on this one. Size down or have everything properly tailored. Or just say fuck it all and actually get something that fits.

Those socks rock lol. Get a pocket square to match [​IMG]

17. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

All the praise is much appreciated you guys. Oxnard, I'm wearing the 19th BD shirt with the sleeves rolled up.
    Ah, I had wondered that at one point due to the high split side seams that comes standard on those, either way though I am still very jealous,as that was hands down my favorite pattern from s/s 09.

18. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

my girlfriend has these exact socks

Guess I gotta put this here
    [​IMG]

All random Boutique brands from around Tokyo. Note on colors: Jacket is navy with a very faint pin stripe, glasses are dark Tortoise.
    Jacket is also a cropped fit, hence the kinda long arms and short body. I really like the material of the jacket as its really thin and light, cotton/linen blend. The shirt is also a cotton linen blend and thin with a herring bone ish texture.
    Also I would like to mention I need a new pocket square, anyone wanna suggest a color.

19. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

[​IMG]

Solid change of pace PP, I have a similar fit that I wear pretty frequently.

Ratboy's tophalf looks like BOO. [​IMG] Looks solid dude, but where are teh shoooez?

20. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

This is likely a matter of more classic styling vs. the new moderm "cut" you are thinking of. If the jacket were shorter by an inch, it would be praised here (maybe) and disliked in MC. As it is, MC likes the jacket but you find it too short.

I'm not really sure why you post a fit, receive a suggestion and then proceed to argue with said suggestion. Why not just post in MC if you are seeking only positive feedback?

As for the fit itself, I don't have a problem with length of jacket, but I do think the shirt collar should be taller. Also, the pants fit very average imo. Not great, but not awful. I'm not sure if you are planning on hemming them and just cuffing in the mean time or if that is your intended look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.