1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Tagut why do you resemble a midget in all your pics?

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Summer has finally arrived in the UK

[​IMG]

Raybans
    Burberry Prorsum
    Andersons
    RL
    Paul Smith

NOICE! Rock that Prorsum boy!

This has been my walking outfit the last few days. Yes, this actually is what I'm wearing now/today. I chose it for comfort and so I wouldn't have to worry about stinking up my good clothes.

In any case, I feel the need to channel the invective directed at some of our newbs back to where it belongs: the more reviled regulars.

[​IMG]

Urban Up! / Dye / NikeiD

Summer steeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the chasm of my miiiiinnndd...

Dude. Your shorts....

A Phat Guido-esque action shot in Shanghai:

[​IMG]

With yfyf:

[​IMG]

I was sweating like a pedophile in a playground--the summer here is not dissimilar to Las Vegas.

You two look great. Can't say I am totally in accord with your flares though, but I'm just stuck in modern trends. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some experimentation with a check tie... Any advice or comments on how to wear something like it?

This isn't bad...but I wouldn't say it's good either. Tie is too skinny but the idea is alright, though shirt and tie + jeans is not at all as easy as GQ makes it seem. A neater sleeve roll would also benefit you here, the untucked shirt keeps it relaxed and informal enough as is. Mostly not feeling the way the jeans are working with the rest of the fit, tough to explain but bear in mind I am not a huge fan of dry denim or denim in general to be honest.

Okay, I was being daft, but I think a skinny tie calls for a jacket or cardigan or something.

Also not bad advice.

for your reference

[​IMG]

Better.

Fuuma, lookin fly.

3. Dedalus

Dedalus Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding fanboy-ish:

Every time LK posts a fit, it is fucking glorious. Every god damned time.

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Some stuff from the past week, need a real camera: [​IMG] UO hat and glasses Club Monaco linen ss shirt BR cargoes cheap espadrilles from Spain (no vis) [​IMG] [​IMG] UO glasses Yoko ss cardi Endovanera tank Theory shorts Quoddy's

5. dibadiba

dibadiba Well-Known Member

not sure how I feel about the glasses, haha
    everything else looks spot-on I think

6. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding fanboy-ish:

Every time LK posts a fit, it is fucking glorious. Every god damned time.

Yes, absolutely.

7. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

Insomnia in france has led to me posting in the waywt thread after I thought I'd be taking a 2 month hiatus from SF.

Nothing too impressive on my end, just some cool shots of my friend's horse stables just outside of Paris.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    eg, wwm, eg, skull
    [​IMG]

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

France looks beautiful mang!

9. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Stop dressing like a farmer if you're not on a... oh, wait.

Sorry, that was my inner-jet.

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    UO glasses
    Yoko ss cardi
    Endovanera tank
    Theory shorts
    Quoddy's

You lookin for me?

11. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

UO glasses
    Yoko ss cardi
    Endovanera tank
    Theory shorts
    Quoddy's

I didn't think I could actually like the Yoko D. +1. Good thing it's no longer for sale!

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Fuuuuuuma looks so fierce. ARW too, but lose the awful hipster goggles.

13. mc25

mc25 Well-Known Member

Lol, i put the watch on before i went out, after the picture :p
    Pre-Haircut [​IMG]
    I like the precut outfit, thats an awesome cas jacket. What is it, ralph lauren?

14. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Tagut why do you resemble a midget in all your pics?

The preferred nomenclature is "dwarf", thank you very much.

15. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

Fuck that. I'd rather him post more than guys like RCG who are helpless and will eventually just settle into wearing whatever the cheapest, safest, SF approve brands he can find. T-minus 2 months until he posts in APC NS/Jcrew Slim chinos, Jcrew button up and boat shoes/desert boots. Caruthers is much more interesting to see in fits and i'm relatively curious about what he'd post next rather than most of the other fits
    Agreed, tagut. We need more users who only post fits with mediocre looking button up, ill fitting raw denim, and desert boots or boat shoes. Bonus points if they try to roll the pants and look more uncomfortable

Agreed that some people would benefit to lurk more before throwing out the inaugural pic, but i'll say it again - some good waywt posters start out posting pure garbage, see http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=152 .

His shit avatar aside (I think I noted it's irony last time he posted) these are the people that should at least get critique, advice and commentary not pink pantser and his 900 variations on seersucker. The former needs it, the later does not.
    I own 8 pieces w/ seersucker and 8! comes out to greater than 40,000 combinations. This is great, I should be able to knock out about half of those before my time runs out (at which point i'll be wearing a hospital gown perfect for the summer heat).

Pre-Haircut
    Post-Haircut

Nice simple fits, keep posting.

16. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

I own 8 pieces w/ seersucker and 8! comes out to greater than 40,000 combinations. This is great, I should be able to knock out about half of those before my time runs out (at which point i'll be wearing a hospital gown perfect for the summer heat).

You're thinking of ordered sequence combinatorials. There are 2^8, or 256, combinations of 8 clothing items. You won't be an old man by then, but by that point those bodies you have buried in the desert will have caught up with you and you'll be wearing a blaze orange jumpsuit.

17. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm not a mathematician so I'll just have to keep buying more to be sure.

18. jaydc7

jaydc7 Well-Known Member

I like the precut outfit, thats an awesome cas jacket. What is it, ralph lauren?

Its the EG Kendall Jacket.

19. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

You're thinking of ordered sequence combinatorials. There are 2^8, or 256, combinations of 8 clothing items. You won't be an old man by then, but by that point those bodies you have buried in the desert will have caught up with you and you'll be wearing a blaze orange jumpsuit.
    and you are thinking every piece can be combined with any other of the 7 pieces. I am not sure how combination #13, two pair of pants, is going to work out. Additionally, you are assuming the 8 pieces have to be combined with each other. Just doing my part to expound on an already stupid exposition.

20. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.