1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FashionIQ

FashionIQ Senior member

Good news is that the wooden floors are really nice.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

The wooden floors, the mirror... if only there was no one IN the picture there would be nothing but good things to say.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

True, not to mention that prada era jil isn't real jil anyway nor did jil really have to do with the design crack diet aside. I have a pre prada jil shirt so I guess I beat socal to that punch too as well as all the sz approved brands.
    I have stuff from Jil Sander's first menswear collection, and Carol Christian Poell from his first season as well, so I guess that my old man strength kicks both your asses. And FWIW, although Jil Sander (the person) was not present at Jil Sander (the line) for the entire Prada owned years, she was there for several seasons. You guys need to have a truce or something.

4. ML123

ML123 Member

lol... you guys crack me up... I appreciate the criticism though and enjoy some of the looks on here!

5. jet

jet Senior member

There? [​IMG]

Unfortunately you have no idea that jil sander has never designed her own mens line so you=not tight and need to mind your hoodie business.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^That "ever" would bear a hell of a lot more weight if you hadn't joined last month. But the one with the D&G jeans is up there as far as a hall of shame goes.

7. LA Guy

There? [​IMG] Unfortunately you have no idea that jil sander has never designed her own mens line so you=not tight and need to mind your hoodie business.
    I never said design. I remember our conversations when you first joined the forum, and I distinctly remember my telling you that designers did not necessarily "design" their collections (Project Runway style.) There's irony for you. yes, Roberto Menichetti did the first few seasons (which I loved), but she did oversee things. Jil Sander always had a reputation for being a control freak, and it is inconceivable, especially when you actually look at the early menswear collections, to think that she was completely hands off with her crew. Sigh. I remember when you were humble and actually wanted to learn things.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Jet was humble? Does "humble" have some archaic second meaning I'm not aware of?

9. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

Been a while. How's things everybody? [​IMG] H&M Topman Nudie Slim Jims Leather Chucks

10. LA Guy

Jet was humble? Does "humble" have some archaic second meaning I'm not aware of?

I'll amend that to "relatively humble".

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

There? [​IMG] Unfortunately you have no idea that jil sander has never designed her own mens line so you=not tight and need to mind your hoodie business.
    I'll try to scan the picture I have from her in a magazine pinning on a male model. Jet do you cut out pictures of me and put your face on it?

12. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

All lulz on this page.

13. robin

robin Senior member

Baron's going to start a styleforum mustache fad.

14. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Baron's going to start a styleforum mustache fad.

I wish I could grow one. [​IMG]

15. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Your bear arms and legs make up for it.

16. robin

robin Senior member

Your bear arms and legs make up for it.
    Does that make him an otter or a panda cub? I forget these things.

17. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

oops, meant to post in actual WAYWT

18. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

[​IMG]
    need a haircut, badly
    BoO (it's the plum stripe)
    APC NC
    BoO x Sperry

Something just feels off, and I want to be able nail this kind of fit before I get into more interesting stuff. FWIW, I just got the shirt, and am interested in what you guys think of the fit. I feel like it's slim, but not too tight. I shouldn't have sized down to an XS, should I have?

Constructive criticism always appreciated.

The shape of the bottom of the shirt bugs me. Above and below that, it looks like it fits well.

19. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I can grow one, but it doesn't look good. Wait. Gosurface has really hairy arms/legs? My arms not that much, but can i start a hairy legs club? WMMK- Skinny jeans aren't always the answer.

20. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I can grow one, but it doesn't look good.

Wait. Gosurface has really hairy arms/legs? My arms not that much, but can i start a hairy legs club?

I don't, but I am pretty cuddly. Watch out kiddies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.