1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Old Lady in Air Jordan IIIs

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JelloLover, Apr 1, 2011.

1. JelloLover

JelloLover Senior member

For all you guys who use to like sneakers, found this hilarious.

Link

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

ahaha i clicked on this link and i saw my friend's name on there. is this your blog?

3. kraands

kraands Senior member

Got a good laugh from that!

4. transient

transient Senior member

I hope that when I'm that age I'll have a grandson to hook me up with all the latest foot steez.

5. *#..

*#.. Senior member

steezy, thanks for linking the pic brah

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Where I live it's mostly older women wearing the bright white, sports-like sneakers. So I see nothing shocking or funny about this, unless you somehow feel $100 Nikes have suddenly become a serious shoe that only a sneaker aficionado would buy.

If you haven't noticed, there is often a surprising amount of similarity between the dress of the elderly and that of children.

8. nelsontheLIUser

nelsontheLIUser Active Member

well, it might be that these shoes were relatively limited at release, and moderately expensive. i doubt that she just happened to stumble across these while shopping. so yes, this picture is amusing. you are being an asshole by dismissing everything about this picture, and these shoes DO hold relevance in the history of basketball/popular culture. if you don't like the shoes, don't comment. there's no reason to bash the taste of others.

9. drum

drum Senior member

lol, thanks for the link op

10. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

well, it might be that these shoes were relatively limited at release, and moderately expensive. i doubt that she just happened to stumble across these while shopping. so yes, this picture is amusing. you are being an asshole by dismissing everything about this picture, and these shoes DO hold relevance in the history of basketball/popular culture. if you don't like the shoes, don't comment. there's no reason to bash the taste of others.

+1. Jordan IIIs are not your typical Air Max or Dunks. They are released in very limited quantities that usually sell out immediately and can only be had elsewhere for $250-$300. And that's not even talking about the originals (Not re-releases). Much more $$$

11. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

12. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

+1 hahaha

13. wurmng

wurmng New Member

Dope!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. JelloLover

JelloLover Senior member

+1, I have not been interested in sneakers since I was a kid. I am sure many of you guys were "sneakersheads" at one point in time.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

+1, I have not been interested in sneakers since I was a kid. I am sure many of you guys were "sneakersheads" at one point in time.
    I was. Still have 20 pairs of J's including the 3s in cement

16. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I see nothing out of the ordinary or amusing in the pics. She's Chinese and she's wearing Nike sneakers, so what?

17. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

^ Did you read any of this thread before posting?

18. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

^^^

Yes I did. I think she's wearing them because she finds them comfortable. Some old people probably don't really care much for fashion.

I did also see the blog comment "Could they be fake?!" my answer is, more than likely.

19. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Lol, Mulberry St. in Chinatown.

I doubt they're fake. "More than likely" her granddaughter gave em to her when she got tired of the "sneakerhead" phase. It's not out of the ordinary to see parents/grandparents in this community wearing their kid's/grandkid's hand me downs like Jordans, Dunks, AF1s, Timbs, North Face, Spyder outerwear/etc.

20. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member