Old Johnston and Murphy's

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by turnbull12, Jul 25, 2006.

1. turnbull12

turnbull12 Well-Known Member

Hey All,

So I have been reading this forum for quite some time, but today I finally decided that I should join your ranks as a member! In any event, I had a question about a pair of Johnston and Murphy's which I picked up on Ebay. They seem to have the made in the USA tag on the inside, and I was wondering if this indicated that they were an older model? I like the look of these shoes, and I picked them up without spending more than $40 (I am a starving college student) Were they worth the investment? Are there any tricks to improving their overall look? Thanks a lot for any input. I hope to make more posts in the future.

2. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

It would be of great help to you if you posted pictures of those shoes. The various shoe aficianados on this board should be able to answer your questions then.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

In any event, I had a question about a pair of Johnston and Murphy's which I picked up on Ebay. They seem to have the made in the USA tag on the inside, and I was wondering if this indicated that they were an older model?

I think there were a few being made in the USA up until a few years ago. Post pictures, like mrchapel recommended, and you'll get a lot more information.

4. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

They wouldn't say "Hand-Made" on the sock liners, would they....[​IMG]