1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Old fashioned collar stays

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by flip43, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bulletsponge

bulletsponge New Member

2. TreyGreene

TreyGreene New Member

I was introduced to this style of collar stay at Pennsylvania Military College in 1965. I have been using them ever since for any dress shirt I wear that does not come with it's own stay. For the last 15 years I have been able to get them on my intermittent visits to Tampa at a military supply store in the north part of downtown, but that, I found out last week, is out of business there!

Whenever I have bought them they are on the gray-blue card shown on the left even the actual product I use is shown on the red card on the right and without a card on the tan rug!

3. TreyGreene

TreyGreene New Member

I was introduced to the 'M' shaped ones in 1965 at Pennsylvania Military College and have used them ever since. I had been using them a couple of months before being corrected (and then strenuously corrected) that th back of it goes *over* th knot of your tie; undoubtedly this is to prevent the tie from being pushed up although I do not remember that happening before I was corrected!

I've gotten them for the couple of decades at a military supply store in downtown Tampa when I visit there, but on my trip there last week I found the store gone out of business!

So, a few minutes ago, I ordered some online from Sgt. Grit!

4. USMCQuantico

USMCQuantico New Member