• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old England in Paris closing ?

Tibo

Reaction score
Read in a post of the Sartorialist, an interview from Simon Kneen ,VP & Creative Design Director Brooks Brothers:

Favorite store
Paris – Old England (sadly closing)
Never heard anything about it and can't find reference to it on the web... Does anybody have details ? I was there last Saturday and chatted with a sales rep about the shop, he didn't mention anything ... It would be a pity if they closed.

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
I've aked about that a day ago:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=15710

Didn't get any answers.

Strangely enough I didn't see your post. I think the gentleman might make a confusion between Old England being sold and closed. I think the sales rep would have told me if they were closing

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo
Strangely enough I didn't see your post. I think the gentleman might make a confusion between Old England being sold and closed. I think the sales rep would have told me if they were closing

They did not seem to be preparing to go out of business when I was there in April, but then again these things aren't always widely circulated until the final day comes...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Etienne and I walked through it yesterday. No sign of closing, no going out of business signs; sadly, no sign of abating their collection of Hackett mediocrities.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And here I was hoping for a "going out of business sale"... Oh well.

PS: RJman, I'll try to do a photo-report of our visit to Maurice Arnoult

Duveen

Reaction score
Awww man, RJ & Etienne have all the fun. I wish I lived in Freedom.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Only the cool people can, my friend. <Savoring Hoyo de Monterrey, sip of Ardbeg> And one cool cat.

BTW: Old England is now selling Purdey-branded boots alongside the EG, JLP, Alden, Corthay, Tod's, Church's and Patrick Cox. Not sure who makes them. Nice, though.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Etienne and I walked through it yesterday. No sign of closing, no going out of business signs; sadly, no sign of abating their collection of Hackett mediocrities.
Did you buy a Hackett baseball cap?

920130292_474.jpg

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Old England is now selling Purdey-branded boots. Not sure who makes them. Nice, though.
Crockett & Jones (the last time I looked).

C & J makes shoes for everybody and their grandmother.
(Not only Purdey but their arch-rivals Holland & Holland as well.)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Did you buy a Hackett baseball cap?

920130292_474.jpg

= eet ees for REDNECK at resto where waiter introduce heemself!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics