• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

petng

Reaction score
Can anyone supply me with the chest and shoulder measurements for a 36 or 38 in Sterlingwear peacoats. I am so confused on what size i should get. I have a 38 chest, but am quite broad in the shoulders. Members here suggest to size down 1, but others have stated that Stearlingwear is already quite trim.

Do they look baggy if i go with my chest size?

Thanks for any info.
\t
petng is online now Report Post \tEdit/Delete Message

Gilead

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size I should get in H&M for slim fitting tees and shirts on a 36 chest?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gilead
Does anyone know what size I should get in H&M for slim fitting tees and shirts on a 36 chest?

Small should work.

bsyde82

Reaction score
anyone have experience with these? i've never tried on a pair of RBs, but i read in prior threads that the RB15 was pretty damn tight, and obviously the 16s are slimmer. But they don't seem that tight on pics I see online...

anyone know how slim these are in comparison to KMW 1980s? PBJ xx-005s?

Reaction score
hey, this would be great for the "ask a question, get an answer" thread at the top of the page!

alas, i cannae help you, brother.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a note of thanks to Sam and the gents at Context. Love the service, love my new ALD Frontiers. Fit is perfect. Thanks for all the guidance!

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Just a general question about seasonal fashion...

Are dark jeans generally worn exclusively in fall/winter, while light jeans are worn more in spring/summer? Or does it not really matter?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
Just a general question about seasonal fashion...

Are dark jeans generally worn exclusively in fall/winter, while light jeans are worn more in spring/summer? Or does it not really matter?

Dark jeans look good any time of the year. Light jeans look a little odd in the winter. Not a set rule, but generally true.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Thanks. Yet another question though.

I'm going into college next year. It's a fairly nice one (Marquette). I'm guessing its made up of people who have a decent amount of money since it costs almost $40k a year to go.

From what I've seen at other college campuses, though, people dress like they just woke up (they probably did). Dress seems like a sweatshirt, jeans, and an old high school hat.

So will I look completely out of place wearing stuff similar to the WAYWN thread? Or just nice clothes in general?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You will stand out. Use this to your advantage. But, most of the outfits in the SW&D WAYWT are not way out there in terms of formality. With the right attitude (confident, not stuck up, still approachable, not fussing about your clothes all the time), almost all of them could be worn to class without seeming overly eccentric.

As for light jeans, they do make more sense in summer, when lighter colors draw less heat. But there is no rule, as LAGuy said.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although to be perfectly honest, the right sweatshirt/jeans/hat combo would get you props in WAYWN...

apocalypse later

Reaction score
I love this thread. Now I don't have to create useless topics. Well, here's a few questions about dry/raw denim that I simply cannot find with google.

I went jeans shopping today. I hit Gap first, since I heard the Morrison Jeans were on clearance. They were, and they had them in my size for only $15. Now, I know many of you guys think Gap sucks and I sometimes do too--but I do like they jeans occasionally, since I'm a guy that has a hard time going to a department store and just dropping $200 on jeans. These Morisson's, however, were REALLY dark, almost black looking, and they had the warning labels and everything. I picked them up since they were so cheap. I also picked up another pair that didn't have a name, but they for sure felt like raw denim and said they were "Authentic Japanese denim" and everything and warned about washing at all. So, does anyone have any experience with these Gap jeans? Are they actually raw, or just rinsed/washed once?

Also, I put a piece of white paper under my butt as I was driving home today, just to see if the indigo would wear off. It did have a blue tinge to after I got up. So any general advice on having my jeans not be so contagious and infecting everything they touch with blue?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about the Gap models but there have been recent threads about the Morrison, the Gough and some other raw/selvedge/whatever pair.

As for the indigo rubbing off, if I were worried, personally I'd dampen a washcloth and semi-lightly scrub the jeans down to remove any loose indigo. The only other options besides covering everything might touch involve washing, which presumably you don't want to do.

Brian SD

Reaction score
apoc, don't worry if they're actually raw or one-wash. They're virtually the same thing.

tigerx

Reaction score
okie i have a quick question.

i have a pair of LVC Hersher Jeans in size 32x34, and i have then shortened it to 32x32. having say that, i am interest in buying a pair of Nudie jeans, preferably something in a similar fit to the pair of LVC (which is a straight leg, sorta lower rise), but i've read that for raw denim you should size down 2 sizes from your true fit. So does that mean that if i were to buy a pair of Nudie, i will have to buy 30x32?

p.s. the reason i ask this is because i really want a pair of Nudie, and since i probably will only have enough to buy 1 pair for quite sometime, i want it to fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads