• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Ive seen the catalog for the new levis lvc collection and like a few items. Does anyone know if the levis store in nyc can order particular things. Or does anyone know anyone who can hold an ite. When ever i go in there they are sold out or clueless.

In not any sources in the USA. I usually use cultizm which is great. But im not sure he gets shirts and all the items....

thanks

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
That seems about right for nudies. They are generally under $200 at denimbar or context after coupons. Also, a lot of people just order off cultizm for around 120-180$. Isn't 120euros about 180 us? If so that makes since. Nudies aren't really top end jeans. They have a lot of pretty nice cuts and a variety of denim (selvage, regular dry indigo, black, black coated, organic, etc..) but the hardware isn't very nice, and the overall construction is just average. They're kind of an intro premium denim.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
i'd like those if the price tag were less, and that obnoxious back pocket stitching were removed.

the orange over die, or weft, or whatever is quite intriguing. I hope someone wealthier than myself buys a pair of these and posts pics.

The price is pretty decent in my opinion. I've been eye-ing those ever since they were announced and I'll probably snag a pair from Context if none of my local retailers get them in within the next week or so. They look like they'd be awesome for F/W and I've lately been digging Nudie's forays into alternative colored denim.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The price is pretty decent in my opinion.
I can't remember the last time I spent more than 25$ on a pair of jeans. Price (especially on this forum) is incredibly relative.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, those nudies are pretty awesome actually. Not too bad at about $150 or so shipped.

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
is it acceptable to combine cuffing and stacking? I've seen it done, but I'm not sure what the overall opinion of it was.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
is it acceptable to combine cuffing and stacking? I've seen it done, but I'm not sure what the overall opinion of it was.
As long as you're never within punching distance of Fok, it doesn't matter if it's acceptable. How does it look? Personally, I've seen it look good. Edit: That one hip-hop kid who always wears the Diors does it, doesn't he?

Alexan

Reaction score
Im trying to find a leather jacket but no luck

I dont know the name of them but
Its basically a leather jacket with sweater arms

Pleasseee I need help with this

yeayea

Reaction score
Is there an "everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about" shoe trees post?

I searched and couldn't find one.

To be honest, I dont want to know everything about shoe trees, just want to find some under $50 for my new AEs. I saw the container store has a pair for something like $18. Do I really need to drop ca$h on this item? Does it make a difference?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a number of shirts that do not tuck as cleanly as say, some of my BoOs and sized-down shirts (I have a 17.5 neck and I purchased a size 15 Brioni that fits great through the body and will only be worn casually).

I've had a number of shirts tailored over the course of buying nicer shirts, if you will. These, however, still blouse more than I'd like when I tuck them in. So here's my question. Can, functionally, any shirt be cut down to a smaller size in the body, within reason? For example, a XL Kiton to a L Band of Outsiders. This would require about 3 inches off each side. The shirt hem would still be too long so that would most likely need to be shortened (perhaps to the point of removing one of the buttons). Only MTM really mitigates this issue for me but.. damnit, some RTW fabrics/patterns are just awesome.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Can someone help me on how to size a pair of acne mics. I usually wear a size 30 wasit in jeans such as APC rescue, and Nudie RRDS. I am looking to purchase a pair of acne mic rigid as a dressy jean and was wondering how they fit and if I should go with my normal waist. Also could anyone give approximate hem openings for me on a 30 or 32. thanks

yeayea

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yeayea
Is there an "everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about" shoe trees post?

I searched and couldn't find one.

To be honest, I dont want to know everything about shoe trees, just want to find some under $50 for my new AEs. I saw the container store has a pair for something like $18. Do I really need to drop ca$h on this item? Does it make a difference?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...00&imageType=2

I guess this will do, no?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a pair of Allen-Edmonds. Specifically, this pair of oxfords. The price is a little more than I'm used to paying for shoes, but I love the shape and style. However, I've never tried on a pair and doubt I'd have time to. The best fitting shoes for me are a 12 in Onitsuka Tiger Mexico '66 and 11.5 in Chucks Premium. I have an 11 in my Clarks Desert Boots and wish I had a 10.75 but they don't make it. Any insight as to sizing on these shoes? If it was absolutely prohibitive, I could try to find a store to try them on, but I don't have the time, and I'm even slightly on the fenc about dropping that cash. Thanks in advance.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I have a number of shirts that do not tuck as cleanly as say, some of my BoOs and sized-down shirts (I have a 17.5 neck and I purchased a size 15 Brioni that fits great through the body and will only be worn casually).

I've had a number of shirts tailored over the course of buying nicer shirts, if you will. These, however, still blouse more than I'd like when I tuck them in. So here's my question. Can, functionally, any shirt be cut down to a smaller size in the body, within reason? For example, a XL Kiton to a L Band of Outsiders. This would require about 3 inches off each side. The shirt hem would still be too long so that would most likely need to be shortened (perhaps to the point of removing one of the buttons). Only MTM really mitigates this issue for me but.. damnit, some RTW fabrics/patterns are just awesome.

If the shirts fit well in the shoulders, and the waist is the problem, then I'd say the shirt can be tapered with darts to form to any body. If you're wearing this shirt untucked, though, you run the risk of looking like the Hulk if it's too fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads