(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

so I am assuming your technique is just to physically stretch the hell out of them while dry?

If you wet the jeans, they'll get more stretchy, so you can put them around a larger object and they will permanently stretch.

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

thanks drizzt, I did not have anything large enough in diameter so I am gonna try using some clamps my dad had in the garage.

3. chanimal

chanimal Senior member

i think im going to grab a few items from APC's fall/winter line, the problem is i'm not very familiar with their clothes except that i'm an xl in their dress shirts and living in canada i dont have the chance to try on most of their line, i'm pretty much set on the military jacket and the military parka, while i'm on the fence in regards to the narrow jacket (camel) and the jacquard pullover, i'm about 6'3 with a 44 chest do you think its best to go with an L or an Xl in regards to their outerwear, i think the parka might only come in an L anyways, thanks

4. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

I'm thinking about buying some Levi's skinner jeans. But I hear that these are cut much more slim than most slim bootcuts. I usually wear a 30" waist in other brands, but should I size up and by how much (1" or 2" for skinners)? The nearest Levi's store with skinners is more than a two hour drive away, so I have to rely on e commerce.

Thanks.

2sweet

5. Bakes

Bakes Senior member

How do Helmet of the Will tee's fit? I'm 6'3 and am debating between a L and XL.

Thanks.

6. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

How do Helmet of the Will tee's fit? I'm 6'3 and am debating between a L and XL.

Thanks.

FWIW, the model on Active Endeavors is about 6'1" and wears a medium. I am 5'11", and a small is the right length for me. A medium is way long and big.

8. drainpipe

drainpipe Well-Known Member

Are Nice Collective jackets particularly slim? I'm looking for fall jackets and I'm debating between something like a medium Hare M65 or a small Nice Collective jacket.

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

How does everyone figure out what color their denim will be in the end once it's done fading, besides looking at pictures of other peoples' faded junk?
    You ever buy from your town's science museum a soap bar that had a plastic figure of a dinosaur buried inside but they'd never tell you which one you could end up with so you had to bathe daily? It's like that.

10. zacharydschroeder

zacharydschroeder Senior member

I'm thinking about buying some Levi's skinner jeans. But I hear that these are cut much more slim than most slim bootcuts. I usually wear a 30" waist in other brands, but should I size up and by how much (1" or 2" for skinners)? The nearest Levi's store with skinners is more than a two hour drive away, so I have to rely on e commerce.

Thanks.

2sweet

I wear the same size in my Skinners as I do in all my other Levi's. What I think you'll notice more is that they're incredibly low rise (3 button fly), which obviously sizing up won't fix. Buy your normal size.

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

You ever buy from your town's science museum a soap bar that had a plastic figure of a dinosaur buried inside but they'd never tell you which one you could end up with so you had to bathe daily?

It's like that.

Thanks for the answer buddy. I like the gamble and surprise. [​IMG]

12. Calden

Calden Senior member

I'm going to order a pair of Frye Brando Lace Ups and was just wondering about sizing. I've read three reviews and they were all different: size up, size down, and true to size. Anyone with another opinion to tip the scale?

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I'm going to order a pair of Frye Brando Lace Ups and was just wondering about sizing. I've read three reviews and they were all different: size up, size down, and true to size. Anyone with another opinion to tip the scale?
    All Fryes I've tried have been sized a bit big. If you're between sizes, get the smaller. I like my dress shoes snug and wear a 10.5 in them, and 10.5 in Fryes fits me even with an extra insole. Sneakers I usually wear an 11.

14. Calden

Calden Senior member

15. Souper

Souper Senior member

I wear size 13 nikes(12 are snug), and size 12 fryes with an insole; what should I order in Alden? I'm looking at the plaza last, or something similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.