• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Anyone know what the difference is between the Sperry Top Sider Original boat shoes and the Sperry Top Sider 2 Eye boat shoes?

bunny4eva

Reaction score
^ I think the 2 eye boat shoe has "fake" laces which you don't have to tie. Not sure though.

My question: For equivalent tagged sizes, are Uniqlo flat front chinos slimmer than J. Crew classic fit?

gt33

Reaction score
is there anything similar to the generic man chuckman in the 50-80 dollar price range?

generic-man-gifted2.jpg

generic_man_chuck.png

mojito

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new here.

Does anyone know where I could order this pair of Marc Jacobs sneakers online? It's from the 2009 Fall collection.

Thanks

palma

Reaction score
I am interested in ordering their BS101 jacket in a size Small. I was wondering if anybody else on the forum has had any experience with this jacket or any other blackscissor jacket? I am concerned about the measurements that they have posted. For instance, the shoulder to cuff length say 69 cm and that seems a little too big for a size small.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in my experience, the measurements have been correct

palma

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I usually wear a small so if their small is close to what is "standard" then it should not be a problem. How do you like their jacket?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a BS101 in size large...and i wear small in everything else...jcrew, gap, etc

im 5'8 @ 155lbs

i noticed when i bought mines...there was too different sets of measurements
for the bs101

teh ones from the UK stock were different from the ones from Pakistan

measurement-wise

palma

Reaction score
Hmmm...I am not sure which stock I am picking from. I was just going to order a Small from their ebay store. I am actually not sure what the measurements on a small are supposed to be. Would 69 cm for shoulder to cuff seem reasonable? I thought it ought to be more like 59 or something. Also, why did you a large and not a small size from them?

dexterhaven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 4saken
^ I think the 2 eye boat shoe has "fake" laces which you don't have to tie. Not sure though.

My question: For equivalent tagged sizes, are Uniqlo flat front chinos slimmer than J. Crew classic fit?

For me, the Uniqlo vintage chinos were slimmer than the classic fits in the thigh and rear, but both are about the same from the knee down. Neither fits me very well.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find colored, dress shoelaces, e.g. Paul Smith's black-purple laces. I want to add a subtle tinge to some of the laceups I wear with dark jeans, but none of the sites I found searching old threads had anything out of the ordinary.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to dye chambray? If so, what's the best type of dye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads