• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nic Wolff
Mine are wearing out, but fit perfect and look good. I can't find the 33/34 anywhere on-line though, and I won't be back in NYC for a month or two - where can I get these? Mail me at [email protected] if you know...

Amazon has a lot of sizes and washes. They don't have your size in your wash, but hopefully you can find something else that works for you.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
I picked up some rigid japanese selvedge jeans from Gap today. I got them for $12 so I figured they'd be a cheap project. I am wondering, though, if they're japanese selvedge, what makes them lower quality than other japanese selvedge? I realize that these are probably 12 oz, and some jeans are 14, 16, or 21, but what other advantages would they have? From what I understand, japanese denim is always well dyed, so these should be no exception, right?
Also, I cold soaked them tonight. If I want to get them tailored to a more slim cut, do I need to machine wash them first?

Pretty much what chrono said. Toyota and Lexus are both Japanese brands so what sets them apart in price? I think it'd help you out if you actually had a pair in your hands. It's much easier to feel the difference than just look at a couple of photos online.

Gilead

Reaction score
Do context still do the 25% off for first time customers or did they stop that?

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that makes sense. Does anyone know if I need to machine wash them before I get them taken in, or is cold soaking enough?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
Thanks guys, that makes sense. Does anyone know if I need to machine wash them before I get them taken in, or is cold soaking enough?
Just take it in.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think it's now 25% off for everyone if you use the code "threads". Check the context thread though in the premium donators section.

15% off for everyone now. No 25% coupon anymore.

Biggs

Reaction score
How does the Levis 510 straight leg, made in Japan compare to APC NS?

razuel

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any mall stores that I can buy a skinny tie at? Basic ones that would be in most malls around America.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razuel
Does anyone know of any mall stores that I can buy a skinny tie at? Basic ones that would be in most malls around America.
Not that I know of, but lots of thrift and vintage stores have plenty of them.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I've had a pair of Levis 503Bxx for about 6 months. The fit on them is extremely slim, I can fit into them but am not comfortable enough in them to wear them outside of my house. I bought them because they were only 2.98$. They are big E Selvage so I'd really would like to get them to fit somehow. In my limited experience cold soaking has made my jeans tighten some... so are there any techniques I can use to stretch these?

robbie

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I've had a pair of Levis 503Bxx for about 6 months. The fit on them is extremely slim, I can fit into them but am not comfortable enough in them to wear them outside of my house. I bought them because they were only 2.98$. They are big E Selvage so I'd really would like to get them to fit somehow. In my limited experience cold soaking has made my jeans tighten some... so are there any techniques I can use to stretch these?

robbie

Two words.

Disco

Ball

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Two words.

Disco

Ball

so I am assuming your technique is just to physically stretch the hell out of them while dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads