1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^You can occasionally see Filson italy on yoox (eu).

2. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

nvm - thank you search function!

3. Desi

Desi Senior member

can someone call Prada and get me the price on these size 41 in USD?
    [​IMG]

I'm too embarrassed

4. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

Does anyone know a site to buy some buttons? I'm looking for some blue fish eye buttons like: [​IMG]

5. the shah

the shah Senior member

Anybody have the W+H 25oz Field Jacket ? Just wondering how it fits and how warm it is?

6. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

If I'm a 29 in Dior MIJs what size would you recommend in APC New Cures?

7. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

For things like cotton and wool trousers and chinos, if my trust waist size is 33, should I be buying trousers that have a 33 inch waist measurement, or should I size up 1?

8. dv3

dv3 Senior member

Can anyone comment on the warmth on the F/W 09 BoO quilted shirt jacket?

9. bach

bach Senior member

What do you guys think about wearing unbuttoned casual shirts with a t shirt underneath? Sometimes I wanna do it for the layering effect, but it doesn't look very put together.

10. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

roll up your sleeves, it'll be okay.

11. breakz

breakz Senior member

Can anyone comment on the warmth on the F/W 09 BoO quilted shirt jacket?
    Equivalent to a middle layer. Better than a sweater, worse than a coat.
    For things like cotton and wool trousers and chinos, if my trust waist size is 33, should I be buying trousers that have a 33 inch waist measurement, or should I size up 1?
    Depends on the brand. Shipley's trousers run larger than tagged in the waist, for example, but Apolis's utility trousers run slimmer than tagged.
    Question: My little brother is old enough that he doesn't want to be dressed by our mother any more, and he wants some non sports trainers, something like Converse. The only catch is he has very broad feet so I am looking something similar but wider fitting, or can you get wide fitted converse? So wide fitting, similar style to converse, nothing expensive or rare, he is only a kid and they won't get treated well. Got to be available in the UK. Any help or suggestions much appreciated. If I don't get any help I will start a special flower thread, just warning you all.
    Someone mentioned JPs--those are good. You can't go wrong with any number of classic canvas sneakers: Tretorn, Zuriick, PF Flyers, Spring Courts--these are all "similar to Converse."

12. gobrowns23

gobrowns23 New Member

I have a few dumb questions:

-Should you hang or fold "nicer" t-shirts (aka not undershirts/gym shirts)? If you should hang, what type of hangers are recommended? I know to avoid wire hangers, so would these work or are they too heavy?

-During one of my recent online shopping sprees, I d ordered a merino wool sweater without looking at washing instructions. Well, it says to either hand wash or dry clean. I'd prefer dry clean if possible (don't really have the time to hand wash), but I haven't used a dry cleaner before. How do I go about finding a "good" dry cleaner? A quick google search comes up with 3-4 places in my town, but I'm not sure which I should go to.

Thanks.

13. Clemson

Clemson Senior member

I'm planning on applying Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP to a new pair of L.L. Bean Katahdin Iron Works Boots. Do I need to apply Sno-Seal on top of that or will just Obenauf's suffice?

14. bach

bach Senior member

I have a few dumb questions:

-Should you hang or fold "nicer" t-shirts (aka not undershirts/gym shirts)? If you should hang, what type of hangers are recommended?

I fold my t shirts and sweaters, hang shirts and coats.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

If I bought a pair of white leather shoes, could I theoretically have them dyed any colour I want?

16. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

Does anyone know where to get a denim necktie? I saw one in once in a WAYWT pic.

17. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

does anyone know if PRPs twill pants in general stretch much?

i got some from the gilt sale and they are a size big but if they dont stretch much they will be ok.
    they seemed to be washed pretty heavily already...

18. WilliamTell

WilliamTell Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where to get a denim necktie? I saw one in once in a WAYWT pic.

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...he%20Hill-Side

or chambray, or khaki, etc.

unrelated, does anybody on this forum do a US proxy?

19. Riio

Riio Senior member

How are you supposed to order from Uniqlo? I've emailed them multiple times and left two voicemails with my name and a phone number, and I've only received a copy + paste email response back.

20. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Does anyone have a fit pic of the Uniqlo "No wale corduroy slim fit jeans"? I'm looking for a slim pair of cords and J crew didn't do the trick. I'd like something that's slim but not skinny. Also, does anyone know how the sizing runs on these?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.