1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I'm looing for a pair or black hi-top sneakers with a white sole. Basically I want something similar to this Wings & Horns sneaker but cheaper.

Someone suggested Tretorn which I think was a nice alternative, but I would also suggest PF Flyers and Spring Court.

2. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Rolling up the sleeves on your blazer/dress shirt. Tacky?

3. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

I'm looking for an associate Men's designer, all of the resumes I've received so far are dreadful. PM me if anyone can help?

Los Angeles area.

4. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Rolling up the sleeves on your blazer/dress shirt. Tacky?

quite possibly, but not necessarily. if was an unlined/unstructured blazer it might pass

5. marly

marly Well-Known Member

Someone suggested Tretorn which I think was a nice alternative, but I would also suggest PF Flyers and Spring Court.

yes.. thanks bud i found some spring courts at revolve that are pretty much eactly what I'm looking for.

[​IMG]

6. rts

rts Member

this has got to be the dumbest question of all time... answer: uniqlo
    I don't have any store near me. Just wondering if there was an easier way to order online.

7. breakz

breakz Senior member

I don't have any store near me. Just wondering if there was an easier way to order online.

Maybe B&S forums? You can always find a Uniqlo proxy and buy through them.

8. onion

onion Senior member

You could try out Sutu Corp. They will proxy it from Japan at an 8% service fee, which is not too bad considering Uniqlo is pretty inexpensive at retail.

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

You could try out Sutu Corp. They will proxy it from Japan at an 8% service fee, which is not too bad considering Uniqlo is pretty inexpensive at retail.

+1. I have never had a problem with Sutu.

10. max_r

max_r Senior member

so i've got a pair of shoes that i think are too light in color, is there any way i could go about making them darker looking?

this is what they look like now

[​IMG]

would polishing them with brown shoe polish work? would that wear off after a while?

thanks for any help

11. breakz

breakz Senior member

^^Not if you continually polish them (every two weeks or so).

12. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Senior member

so i've got a pair of shoes that i think are too light in color, is there any way i could go about making them darker looking?

this is what they look like now

would polishing them with brown shoe polish work? would that wear off after a while?

thanks for any help

do an SF search for antiquing or dyeing shoes, etc. there are a couple good threads that tell you how to do it and what results to expect.

13. max_r

max_r Senior member

cool, thanks guys.

i'll try to pick up some brown polish next time i'm at the store.

14. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Like breakz said, just polish with a darker brown polish. And repeat as necessary. Their a pretty light shade now, so they should take to the new colour quickly.

15. max_r

max_r Senior member

Like breakz said, just polish with a darker brown polish. And repeat as necessary. Their a pretty light shade now, so they should take to the new colour quickly.

i think they were lighter than that but my dad had them dyed. atleast, thats what my mom said.

16. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Should go well. I polished a pair of PS dip dyes a month or so back, and the polish was far darker than I realized, and changed the colour quite a lot, and they were a solid brown to begin with. Be sure to post the results so we can check em out!

17. bach

bach Senior member

Grey or black? I like how the grey one looks in the pic, but grey things seems to look duller IRL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. max_r

max_r Senior member

Should go well. I polished a pair of PS dip dyes a month or so back, and the polish was far darker than I realized, and changed the colour quite a lot, and they were a solid brown to begin with. Be sure to post the results so we can check em out!
    sure thing. hopefully tomorrow i'll get a chance to get down to a store, but if not it will probably be a week or so. while i'm here, are there any recommended shoe polish brands? or is that canned kiwi stuff fine? [​IMG] that stuff

19. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I use Kiwi, no problems.

20. dmash

dmash Senior member

Is the Spurr classic legs or Skull 5507's a better jean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.