1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Buy cheap tops and get them tailored if you plan on growing. Good fit pwns all.

+1

I am in a similar situation - I have always been skinny but I am bulking up. Like I said in the other thread, your tailor is your best friend.

2. foxnwolf

foxnwolf Senior member

is there still a C.P. company store in nyc?

3. hi-val

hi-val Senior member

anyone know where i may obtain a cheap plain silver 1.25-1.75" tie bar?
    searched around. everything i've found is either too long or is has too much going on. this is harder than i thought.

Didn't see this answered and just found this in my own search...

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNIFORM-TIE-CLIP...d=p3286.c0.m14

Four bones, shipped, is probably the cheapest you'll find ever.

4. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Any idea what the hell is this expensive brand? At first I thought it was some skydiving wear, but now I'm getting the impression it's some clothing where you can put your ipod in and play music through your clothes and then proceed to do windmills? lol.. what the shit Acronym http://www.havenshop.ca/ShowProdByBr...r=1&BrandId=74 http://www.acronym.de/product.php?id=201 I went to their website but everything was explained in esoteric Trademarked terms. Example: "STOTZÂ[​IMG] Etaproof� High-Density Cotton" "Includes: FORCELOCKæ [ Removable ] JACKETSLINGæ [ Removable ] Systems: ACRONYMÂ[​IMG] SOUNDæ [ PAT. ]" Oh and read their terminology list, it's even funnier: FORCELOCKæ ACRONYMÂ[​IMG]SOUND earphone sub-system. Patents pending. GRAVITY POCKETæ ACRONYMÂ[​IMG] pocket sub-system for quick draw access. Travis Bickle wants to know. ESCAPE ZIPæ ACRONYMÂ[​IMG] sub-system for high-speed jacket removal (Quick draw for what? High speed removal for what? sex?) seriously, wtf are these guys on.

5. Eccentric

Eccentric Senior member

I find that, dressing left and wearing boxers as I tend to do, I tend to stretch out the inner part of my left pant leg in a rather unsightly manner. This usually happens with flimsier jeans. Is it just me, or has anyone else ever tally-whacked an unsightly bulge into their leg?

6. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

I find that, dressing left and wearing boxers as I tend to do, I tend to stretch out the inner part of my left pant leg in a rather unsightly manner. This usually happens with flimsier jeans. Is it just me, or has anyone else ever tally-whacked an unsightly bulge into their leg?

Yea, it's why i stopped wearing boxers.
    Boxer-Briefs ftw.

7. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Yea, it's why i stopped wearing boxers.
    Boxer-Briefs ftw.

+111111111111!1!!!!!!!111111111111111

8. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

9. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

I stopped wearing skinny jeans when I wore holes in my left ankles.

:insert witty comment here:

10. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

What is the name for a collar like this?
    Picture

11. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

12. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

What is the name for a collar like this?
    Picture

westwood?

13. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

Too lazy to do a search.

What is the difference between cold pre-soak vs. a warm/hot one? Shrinkage? Minimal for cold and maximum for hot?

If I never want a pair of jeans to shrink, can I cold wash them if they get dirty? Would cold wash have an impact on how the jeans fade/contrast?

I realize I can warm wash them, and stretch them back out. And no, I won't dry clean them!

14. breakz

breakz Senior member

Too lazy to do a search.

What is the difference between cold pre-soak vs. a warm/hot one? Shrinkage? Minimal for cold and maximum for hot?

If I never want a pair of jeans to shrink, can I cold wash them if they get dirty? Would cold wash have an impact on how the jeans fade/contrast?

I realize I can warm wash them, and stretch them back out. And no, I won't dry clean them!

First: yeah, don't dry clean denim unless you have to. Jeans aren't made to be dry cleaned, and the chemicals can fuck with the denim's integrity.

Second: on point with cold/hot. Hot shrinks more, but they can always stretch back out. Cold wash any denim you don't want to shrink.

Third: fading contrast is stronger (I believe) with hot.

15. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

How does Uniqlo sizing for blazers work? Do they do Sz. XS, S, etc. like with shirts? What are the US size equivalents? I'm wanting one of the (+J) blazers, but am unsure of what size to aim for. I have a ~35 inch chest.

16. breakz

breakz Senior member

How does Uniqlo sizing for blazers work? Do they do Sz. XS, S, etc. like with shirts? What are the US size equivalents? I'm wanting one of the (+J) blazers, but am unsure of what size to aim for. I have a ~35 inch chest.
    J+ is only being sold in-store, so that might affect your decision. If you're proxying ignore me. [​IMG]

17. hchc

hchc Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me measurements of a chilliwack jacket from Canada goose size XS and XXS? Thanks in advance [​IMG]

18. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

I was just wandering how much a Inapt peacoat would cost, and where can I find it? Does anyone know other good peacoats? (I wanted to buy a Sterlingwear, but I;m not too sure, I'm trying to open up my options)

Also, I was wandering if a Uniqlo XS fits like a GAP XS? Since even a GAP XS would be too big for me, since I wanted to buy some shirts.

19. dmash

dmash Senior member

20. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.