1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong topic, but I was hoping you guys could help me out with sizing on a pair of APCs. I purchased these NC (size 29) at the APC store in LA today, and I was wondering if I should have sized down to a 28. I'd like them to be pretty skinny, and I like how these fit now. Here are a couple of pictures (sorry for bad quality):

If you like how they fit now, you won't like how they fit in a month.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

If you like how they fit now, you won't like how they fit in a month.

+1 exactly... when you find the size that you like how they fit, then buy 1 size smaller... those look ok, so you'll need at least 1 down.

3. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong topic, but I was hoping you guys could help me out with sizing on a pair of APCs. I purchased these NC (size 29) at the APC store in LA today, and I was wondering if I should have sized down to a 28. I'd like them to be pretty skinny, and I like how these fit now. Here are a couple of pictures (sorry for bad quality):

Those look pretty tight in the thighs to me already. Sometimes it's hard to tell in pictures though, but the thigh doesn't stretch out too much. You didn't try on the 28s?

4. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Possibly a dumb question, but I've never owned any higher quality moccasins before...I just received my Quoddy brown suede brick sole blucher from South Willard, if these get wet will they be okay? Should I put some kind of protective coating on it or anything?

5. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

You are making it sound like it's something extremely uncommon. It's a pair of suede shoes.

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

Thanks for the link, I will keep those in mind. It looks like I am 2/2 on responses telling me to expand my budget. I guess I will need to go higher.

What exactly are you looking for (and what do you not like)? That would help alot.

I know people complain about desert boots being recommended too much.. but a pair of brown beeswax leather desert boots would easily fit in your budget (about $80-90) while fitting the 'doesn't look like something you'd wear at a construction site, but also not too nice/dressy'

As far as durability etc
    I have a pair of the BR version (though don't think it exists anymore) that I picked up for ultra cheap ($8) last year and wore pretty much every other day through all of fall and winter and they don't have so much as a single loose thread. Super warm they are not... but as long as you wear some decently warm socks its not an issue...didn't bother me in the Chicago winter.

7. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

Possibly a dumb question, but I've never owned any higher quality moccasins before...I just received my Quoddy brown suede brick sole blucher from South Willard, if these get wet will they be okay? Should I put some kind of protective coating on it or anything?
    If they get wet, you'll have to wet the whole shoe and rub them down evenly with a crepe brush. First thing to do is get a suede protector spray. Costs like 5 dollars.

8. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Those look pretty tight in the thighs to me already. Sometimes it's hard to tell in pictures though, but the thigh doesn't stretch out too much. You didn't try on the 28s?

My APCs stretched about 0.75" in the thighs. Maybe more.

9. breakz

breakz Senior member

does anyone have the "t-shirt" thread link? i want to see what ppl say in there...

10. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

Can someone help me,

does holding your shoulder up in a good posture sort of way decrease your shoulder to shoulder?

11. robbie

robbie Senior member

alright...

i found a chambray, it is nothing amazing. it is a cotton/poly blend , but it fits better than just about any i have had the luck of stumbling across at a thrift store. i like it for the most part except for two things, both the handiwork of some old woman in iowa i'm sure. anyhow its a rad sears chambray thats been embellished with craft paint.

i had thought of covering it with patches but the embellishment are too large.

so my next thought was trying to remove the paint. is there a way to remove paint that has possibly been dried on the fabric for decades or am i going to have to cover it with more paint or patches?

12. adversity04

adversity04 Senior member

So before I go ahead and try it, anyone have a good way to get nail polish out of a white dress shirt?

13. Homme

Homme Senior member

How do the Patrick Ervell summer jeans fit ?

14. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

Do chinos stretch? When I pick chinos, should I assume that what they look like when I try them on will be what they look like after a month of wearing them?

15. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Do chinos stretch? When I pick chinos, should I assume that what they look like when I try them on will be what they look like after a month of wearing them?

Yeah, they're cotton, they'll stretch a bit, maybe an inch. It will vary, but expect a little stretch though not as much as denim. I'd size them to a comfortable snugness if you have the opportunity to try them on.

16. dshack

dshack Senior member

Alternatives to Red Wing GT's for smaller feet? Looking for something in black with not too chunky of a sole.

17. Sweetapple

Sweetapple Member

What is the piece of fabric that's found buttoned under the collar of a trench coat called? Its normally on the left side of the collar and can be buttoned to the opposite side, closing the coat at the throat. Is it called a bib? Is it just another piece of wonderfully superfluous features, now rendered completely vestigal?

18. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Throat latch? It's on a lot of country jackets; sometimes just a tab that's continuous with the collar, sometimes a separate piece of fabric (more common in outerwear). Sometimes purely decorative, sometimes functional. I like them.

Newer EG bedfords have a button on the underside of the collar on the (wearer's) right and a loop on the left, rather than a buttonhole.
    [​IMG]

19. zissou

zissou Senior member

20. mfoucault

mfoucault Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.