• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dano

Reaction score
Does Uniqlo ever go on sale? And how is the quality of the merino and lambswool sweaters? I'm looking for something comparable to j. crew, i.e. won't instantly pill, etc, but not super hi-end.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I need a chunky/thick slim fitting sweater, dark color, pref cashmere, on sale, what do you guys got?

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...ts&s=C&d=b&n=s

http://www.ssense.com/McQ_Alexander_..._Cardigan/8212

http://www.ssense.com/Diesel-Men-Kni..._Pullover/8875

Originally Posted by dano
Does Uniqlo ever go on sale? And how is the quality of the merino and lambswool sweaters? I'm looking for something comparable to j. crew, i.e. won't instantly pill, etc, but not super hi-end.

Dunno about specific post Christmas discount, but at least in the SoHo store, they always have a small sale section (next to the glass window). Most everything goes on discount sometimes during the year.

Their sweaters are good values and definitely comparable to J Crew.

changed

Reaction score
I have the urge to wash my Nudie Even Stevens... I've worn them everyday since August. What do you guys think?
eh.gif

Seanallen

Reaction score
I was looking at the Apolis shirt and also the coated nudies , and out of curiosity, what are these coated with?

pruppert

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up the Nom de Guerre Shetland High Neck Sweater, but am unsure of sizing. I fit APC slim fit shirting in XS if that's any guide. A little afraid of a small in Nom de Guerre being too large, since I heard they fit true to size.

Also, I'll be in Paris for the sales this January, any recommendations?

pruppert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
I have the urge to wash my Nudie Even Stevens... I've worn them everyday since August. What do you guys think?
eh.gif

Just wait a little longer I'd say. You'll probably know when they HAVE to be washed.

karmazon

Reaction score
Because of the weather I started wearing a scarf. I use the slip knot. Should I tuck the tail under my coat or leave it hanging on top?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the comparison of fit between American Apparel T-shirts and Mossimo athletic fits from Target? Also what's the diff. between the regular and 2001 types?

Zodd

Reaction score
Has anyone been to Uniqlo rencently? I'm wondering if they have any of the down coats left in stock - I've been trying to call them today but I guess they're too busy to answer the phone.

changed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pruppert
Just wait a little longer I'd say. You'll probably know when they HAVE to be washed.

I went ahead and washed them before reading your post...

Watching all the water drain from the washer, it looked like all the color would be gone, but somehow, they actually look darker now!
eh.gif
eh.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
I just received a pair of Chippewa Iron Works engineer boots for christmas, and I'm wondering what I should treat them with?

I plan on wearing them everywhere (including in the upstate NY snow), so I'm thinking I will need a waterproofer. Is there anything else I'll need to put on them?

edit: here they are
104ereb.jpg

I also got a pair, I am planning to treat them with sno-seal

Anyone know how much darker snoseal will make the boots?

atomicranch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pruppert
Thinking of picking up the Nom de Guerre Shetland High Neck Sweater, but am unsure of sizing. I fit APC slim fit shirting in XS if that's any guide. A little afraid of a small in Nom de Guerre being too large, since I heard they fit true to size. Also, I'll be in Paris for the sales this January, any recommendations?
NdG runs ridiculously small. I wear a medium or a large in most brands (including large in most BoO), and I can barely fit in most NDG XLs.

kstanl

Reaction score
And NdG runs quite short so if you're tall you might want to think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads