(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanker565

hanker565 Senior member

2. dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67 Senior member

Can anyone identify these shoes, or the type or shoe?

[​IMG]

Thanks!

those look a lot like something you would find at The Walking Company. Believe me, they sell shoes that look extremely identical to those.

3. 854ca

854ca Well-Known Member

Back in Chicago for winter break and looking to get a nice pair of boots for this winter--looking to spend up to 200 bucks. Anyone know of any good shops in the Bucktown/Wicker Park (Milwaukee Ave.) area?

4. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of wool trousers that can be had for under $100? Needs to be available in a 28 or 29 waist.

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

[​IMG]
    I know these will fit well, do you think I could get them to fade to more of a khaki if I hotwashed or used a little bit of bleach? They've stopped making the 511 twills, and they don't seem to turn up on ebay much.

robbie

6. whacked

whacked Senior member

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of wool trousers that can be had for under $100? Needs to be available in a 28 or 29 waist.

Incotex from eBay.

Or perhaps Zanella, but make sure to ask for measurements before bidding.

7. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

does anyone have any experience with Unis? if so what is the style, quality, and fit like? Alot of the stuff from their lookbooks on the site looks nice but it is hard to tell without seeing it in person...

8. GahDuma

GahDuma Active Member

I know I'm going to get shit for this but I really like how Abercrombie polos fit. I can get them at a discount and the material is nice and thick. I got some AA polos and although they fit fine they're kind of thin.

What other brands of polo shirts are there that are of reasonable quality and a good price point? All I know is Lacoste or Polo RL polos.

9. aaguirre

aaguirre Well-Known Member

what color belt should i wear with my white chuck varvatos?

10. rioni

rioni Senior member

Any opinions on these boots? I've been looking for a good pair of casual boots for some time but not sure about the tops on these. Any feedback is appreciated [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. 854ca

854ca Well-Known Member

I know I'm going to get shit for this but I really like how Abercrombie polos fit. I can get them at a discount and the material is nice and thick. I got some AA polos and although they fit fine they're kind of thin.

What other brands of polo shirts are there that are of reasonable quality and a good price point? All I know is Lacoste or Polo RL polos.

i'd check out the jcrew tailored fit ones--they fit better than the ralph lauren ones in my opinion.

12. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

rioni, If you'd be wearing pants over the boots, go for them. If the tops are going to visible, I'd hold off.

Anyway, I hear a lot of talk on WAYWT about certain guys having a good/bad build for henleys. What sorts of builds work best with crewnecks/v-necks/henleys/etc.?

13. jmem

jmem Active Member

Im looking for a place in NYC to get the crotch in my jeans reinforced. Any suggestions?

14. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

rioni, If you'd be wearing pants over the boots, go for them. If the tops are going to visible, I'd hold off.

Anyway, I hear a lot of talk on WAYWT about certain guys having a good/bad build for henleys. What sorts of builds work best with crewnecks/v-necks/henleys/etc.?

rioni, those boots look pretty badass and I really don't think there'd be much point to them unless you wore them with pants tucked in. If you were to cover up the details then there's probably other options out there that won't give your pants an impression of 2 buckles and straps underneath.

about henleys and pretty much all clothes in general, shouldn't you just be fit without looking like a body-builder? keep your chest size larger than your waist size and you're good to go.

15. rioni

rioni Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.