(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Hey I just picked up this Zodiac watch for pretty cheap but i think it may be too big (42.50 mm), what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Looks okay to me.

Egg yolk from a breakfast sandwich just squirted onto my new APC NSes. @)(#*#@!!! I wasn't planning on washing them for a while. What should I do - soak them? dry clean them? FWIW, I don't care about shrinkage or whiskering, I just want the denim to stay as dark as possible.

Rule one on egg, never use hot water on it (even on a plate), it will cook it on there. Rule two, get it off there fast, using cold water and scrub as little as possible. Try not to let it dry. At this point, you may have to do more serious scrubbing or soak it with some Woolite Black if it's dried on there. If the latter, put some straight Woolite on the eggy part, let sit a while, then soak/wash them. If it's bad you may have to try something with enzymes or consult a cleaner.

Hi,

hopefully I understood this post correctly [​IMG].

Quick question: Is there any way of combining a brown belt in a casual outfit with non-brown shoes? Maybe with white shorts and white shoes or something?

Good night from Ger
    andimq

A brown belt looks fine with white canvas sneaks, or colored shoes - pretty much anything but with non-brown dress shoes.

Don't post over here on the other SF (I'm the Superfashion Mod over at Superfuture, come by and chat sometime) all that much, but you fellows seem to have something of a more thriving community when it comes to suits, so a quick question since I guess this is a slightly street-ier brand:

I recently picked up an April 77 suit, and since I wasn't able to try on the jacket since I bought it online, the whole thing feels about a size to big. It feels like a 48-50 when I'm more of a 46-48. Will a tailor be able to re-structure my jacket? Secondly, do you think he'll be able to do it before next thursday (so about 11-12 days)?

I'd take this to the other forum (the one actually about this sort of thing) but I don't know what their views are on this sort of thing. First time I've had to tailor a jacket so much, and something of a noob to suits in general.

If there's a more relevant thread, feel free to point me to it.

Thanks, fellows.

Welcome. I would not expect someone to do a good job on this in that time frame. It might be possible, (although I wouldn't expect to have the shoulders narrowed) but hurrying it would be unwise. You could ask him about it, he could work a miracle worker, but if you care about the suit or could exchange/return it instead, I wouldn't risk it.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Servo, welcome.

I think you would be better off returning or re-selling. Unfortunately not much can be done about a suit with too large of chest and shoulders. You'll find that you spent upwards of $100 making a suit look more awkward than it did in the first place.

3. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

[​IMG]
    I am curious about what Warhol is wearing. First, are those jeans? Second; if they are jeans, any ideas as to what brand/style they might be?

thx

robbie

4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

no clue about the pic, but according to Paul T´s book "denim: from cowboy to catwalks" Warhol used to wear black 501s... the ones in the pic looks "raw" though...

5. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I need help to figure out my size for the Acne Mic. I called Denimbar today and they don't have size 29s left, but one 28 left. I normally wear size 29 for jeans, but someone said that I should size down once while another said I should go with what I normally wear. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't size down for Mics unless you've got really skinny legs.

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Most likely, yes. ES, while not anything exotic, has a good rep here. Those appear to have a medium-highish rise, so if that bugs you, be aware.

8. bBoy JEe

bBoy JEe Senior member

Why am I so much cooler than LAGuy?

9. velobran

velobran Senior member

That zodiac doesn't look small at all. You will get used to the look over time. I thought my PAM was monsterous when I first strapped it on, but my eyes adjusted.

10. aFancyHome

aFancyHome Active Member

Hey, I've been thinking about picking up some Outside Selvage Cheap Mondays, and I was wondering how to size them. I'm measured around 32-32.5, and was wondering if I should go down to 31 or something?

11. steve796

steve796 Member

Hey Brian SD I have a question for you. I noticed on the waywt that you mentioned that you purchased a pair of somet slims in a size 29. I'm thinking about picking up a pair myself, and I was wondering if you experienced a lot of stretching with your pair? Since the somet slims seem to be 3 inches larger than tagged size would you recommend sizing down? Thanks for the help.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

The reason the waist is larger than tagged size because the jeans are so low where they don't sit on your waist, they sit on your hips, which are larger than your waist. I don't know about somets in general, but when you have jeans with the rise around 9", the waist will always measure a bit more because it has to. If you're normally a 32 waist, you couldn't fit in a pair of super low jeans with a 31-32 measured waist because you're hips are bigger and you can't pull them up because of the rise. Just beware in general of sizing on super low rise jeans as waist may stretch, but the top block and upper thighs might not want to as much.

afancyhome, i don't know of anyone who actually has the outside selvage cheap mondays. I don't know what site you're using, but you might want to email or call them and ask for a measurement or two to make sure. They look similar to the regular fit model so sizing down 1 would probably work out.

13. ziggy69

ziggy69 Member

Is sizing down one enough for apc new cure? for a normal, not skin tight fit? thx

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, i've seen pictures of that and it's a good slim, but not legging tight fit after stretch. If i can't find any Cures, i'm going to buy some new cures 1 down.

15. 1969

1969 Senior member

I just thrifted a pair of denim marked W+H. Should I assume this is Wing and Horn? I've seen the brand mentioned here mainly in regards to hoodies but I can't find anything online about them doing denim. Anyone care to comment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.