(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Do these shoes look right with jeans or should I just stick with chinos?

They work ok, but it'd be better if you wore them with slimmer (possibly uncuffed) jeans and did something to make them a little bit darker.

Anyone have recommendations for mid-high rise boxer-briefs? I like my underwear to sit about .5" higher than my jeans, and pulling the Target boxer briefs up high enough to do that with my APC NC's causes a bit of wedgie action. Oh, and I don't need anything made out of bamboo or whatnot. Just cheap and comfortable.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

any one have the fred perry x raf simons wool flannel trousers?

I received mine in the mail today and they are ridiculously bigger than the tagged size, almost to the point where i think it is a manufacturing error.

Tagged 36": actual Waist measure 40"

any one else experience this?

3. yamazs

yamazs Well-Known Member

anyone?

I'm pretty sure Nudies are sanfronized and will not shrink significantly... what ever they shrink they will stretch back out in a few wears anyways ( if you're worried about them shrinking in length... forget about it... you can always stretch them to your desired length when they are wet and there are a TON of threads on how to do that... )

...there really is not point in soaking your Nudies just wear them out of the store and wash after 6+ (ish) months of wear... If you bought them too big then you should return them for a smaller size instead of trying to shrink them...

4. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

I made the mistake of entrusting some clothes to a backup tailor (same shop, different tailor), and she folded my denim w/ the crease, and now there's a prominent crease, mostly at the bottom of the leg, that I can't seem to remove w/ an iron. anyone know how to remedy this situation? will it just naturally go away w/ wear?

5. mattn

mattn Active Member

I can't think of anything she could have done that wouldn't eventually fall out with wear.

6. AKMetal

AKMetal Active Member

7. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Bsyde, soak em, its the easiest way. Doesnt need to be a bathtub, just spray em down, hang dry and make sure they dont hang creased by cuffing them for instance. I hate folding creases on pants...

8. Smokestack

Smokestack Senior member

Does anyone know of a place that can do the die setting of metal eyelets in NYC?

9. capa

capa Senior member

ordering a topman coat, should I go with a 36 or size down to a 34? I want this to fit really slim and not be all bulky and ill-fitting.

10. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

ordering a topman coat, should I go with a 36 or size down to a 34? I want this to fit really slim and not be all bulky and ill-fitting.

Your going to have to give us measurments...

11. avalemik

avalemik Senior member

how do trades go down in style forum?

12. slmartin

slmartin Active Member

I'm about to order a pair of RW Williams Craftsman and was wondering, prior to ordering, whether they look ok with APC NS? Bulky/Not bulky, etc.

13. whacked

whacked Senior member

how do trades go down in style forum?

There's no set rule. I have never done one here but have partaked in a few watch trades; we had both parties send out goods at the same time. Most importantly, ONLY trade with members with established records and/or someone you think you can trust.

I'm about to order a pair of RW Williams Craftsman and was wondering, prior to ordering, whether they look ok with APC NS? Bulky/Not bulky, etc.

You'll be fine. As far as more casual boots are concerned, RMWs have slimmer profiles than most, especially Red Wings and the like.

14. Racove

Racove Senior member

http://s360.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSC02394.jpg http://s360.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSC02395.jpg How is the fit of this W+H Medium Classic Fit Tiger Fleece? Should I try a Medium Slim, a Small Classic, or stick with this one? Maybe even consider a Large Slim? I have not seem these other options in person. It feels too roomy in the armpit & shoulders, so its bunchy. I am concerned that a Medium Slim might be too tight at the waist and/or that a Small Classic will still look sloppy. Notice that the cuffs are folded up. I don't mind the cuffs up or down, so sleeve length should not be an issue for sizing up or down.

15. SykoFreak

SykoFreak Active Member

I bought these John Varvatos 'Ago' chukka on sale at Neiman Marcus for $210. Haven't worn them outside. I'm a shoe noob, and only recently noticed that they seem to have a glued, not welted, sole/upper. Can anyone confirm this suspicion by looking at the Zappos pictures? I feel the inside of the shoe and can't feel any sort of stitching around the edges. I think I should return them if they're glued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.