(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whacked

whacked Senior member

Thanks whacked!

Another quick question on shrinkage:

I want to go for maximum shrinkage before I take my new raw jeans to the tailor for hemming (I don't like to cuff or stack). What is the recommended procedure here?

Did a search and it appears tumbling in the dryer inside-out for 30 minutes on the delicate cycle is a popular choice. Another choice is soaking in hot water. Can I skip the hot soak and go straight to the dryer procedure and still expect maximum shrinkage?

If the jeans are sanforized(not of Shrink To Fit variety), your best bet at great fading down the road would be not soaking them initially. Just wear them for a week or so, cuffed if you must, till honeycombs are set(those creases take 1-2" out of the length). Then have them hemmed to 0.5"-1.5" longer than your usual inseam.

A wash in the future shouldn't shrink more than 0.5-1" from the inseam.

Q: How big can the thigh on a size 30 Dior MIJ 19cm stretch to?

Not very much, .5" at most I'd think. You can try spray water on problem spots and try stretching by sheer force. But more likely, the waist would stretch first, causing the jeans to be worn lower (sagging), and they'd be easier on your thighs. Sagging is also part of the trademark "Dior" look.

2. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Whats the average price of a BOO button down shirt on the B&S. I just bought a white one for 150$ and wish to purchase another...

Thanks!

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Depends on the time of year, the shirt and the size. Also, just luck. I've seen them sell on the forum from $100-175

4. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

eyeglass stuff

Thanks sushijerk, you haven't used a service where you send them in the mail then?

5. djs488

djs488 Senior member

Whats the average price of a BOO button down shirt on the B&S. I just bought a white one for 150$ and wish to purchase another... Thanks!
    you can usually find them much cheaper than that. Gilt group is having a sale in january, if you can wait that long, and they will be much cheaper.
    Thinking about getting a gray pea coat or something along those lines, gonna need a new scarf or two to go with it... I'd probably be wearing it with raw denim and brown boots. Looking for ideas... Colours? Patterns? Brands (nothing too extravagant, $50-100 max)? I don't even know where to start.
    I like this one for a grey peacoat. I mean, it's a scarf; plaid, striped, it all works.

6. Dashaansafin

you can usually find them much cheaper than that. Gilt group is having a sale in january, if you can wait that long, and they will be much cheaper.

Oh, I not invited though...

7. djs488

djs488 Senior member

pm me your email, ill invite you.

8. deziie

deziie Member

so i have a pair of nudie big bengts i want to cold soak. brand new.

how much would they shrink around the leg opening and thigh area?

what if i hot soaked how much would it shrink

anyone?

9. whacked

whacked Senior member

Oh, I not invited though...

pm me your email, ill invite you.

No need for that. Just go here:

www.gilt.com/styleforum

GiltGroupe is an official SF affiliate; click on the banner above to go to their official thread.

10. djs488

djs488 Senior member

^ NO NEED?!??! Why not give $25 credit when you can??
    so i have a pair of nudie big bengts i want to cold soak. brand new. how much would they shrink around the leg opening and thigh area? what if i hot soaked how much would it shrink
    IMO, not really a point in soaking nudies pre-wear. They'll stretch a lot in the first few weeks of wear, and then when you eventually wash you'll probably want them to shrink a bit. Either way, shrinkage in the leg opening is going to be unnoticeable.

11. Dashaansafin

Haha thanks for the invite! And enjoy the 25$?

And I will wait till Janurary. Any idea what date it is?

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ I'd imagine SF get a kickback for every time someone makes their 1st Gilt purchase. SF > djs488,cno offense [​IMG]

13. djs488

djs488 Senior member

Haha thanks for the invite! And enjoy the 25$? And I will wait till Janurary. Any idea what date it is?
    Thanks for the credit! Check the gilt groupe thread for this kind of info, but all he said was that it'd be in january.
    ^ I'd imagine SF get a kickback for every time someone makes their 1st Gilt purchase. SF > djs488,cno offense [​IMG]
    Woops, I didn't know that. Sorry SF!!!!!!

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

I like this one for a grey peacoat. I mean, it's a scarf; plaid, striped, it all works.

I saw that and liked it... However, I think I need wool. -10C is a fairly average temperature throughout the winter and -20C is definitely experienced on a weekly basis throughout Jan and Feb.

15. Grant

Grant Member

Do these shoes look right with jeans or should I just stick with chinos?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.