(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

any reccs for a ubiquitously available v-neck undershirt with a slightly deeper v than my hanes comfort soft?

2. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

what makes a shirt chambray?

the material - what kind? how does it feel?
    the color?
    the style?

3. Peterx

Peterx New Member

Hey there, I have some Dior's that just basically 'popped' seems at the crotch from biking and was wondering if that sort of thing is easily repairable by a tailor? There isn't a hole or anything, basically the inside piece of fabric that holds the buttons split and separated from the outside part a bit, causing separation and a small gap.I haven't worn them for more than a few months and they are basically brand new. If this is something that a tailor can fix and reinforce, then no worries I guess but has anybody ever had this problem as well? Thanks!

4. syzygy

syzygy Active Member

How well do snow, salt and suede mix? [​IMG] thanks in advance

5. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

[​IMG]
    Hey guys what kind of pants is the model wearing above?

Thanks!

6. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Wool trousers. Lightweight moleskin, most likely.

7. avalemik

avalemik Senior member

8. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

I'm looking for some high quality slubby jeans. I just got a pair of Sugar Cane 47s in the mail that I'm about to send back because the fit just doesn't suit me well. They're too big in the seat and they give me little hip flares.

I'm in the market for something straight cut like the 47's, just a little slimmer. I really like the slubby-type denim that Sugar Cane uses so I'd like them to be comparable to that.

Any help is appreciated.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

PBJ 005. Check them out on blueingreesoho.com and run some searches on this forum for info. PBJ = Pure Blue Japan . Really fantastic looking slubby denim in a slim straightleg

10. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

PBJ 005. Check them out on blueingreesoho.com and run some searches on this forum for info. PBJ = Pure Blue Japan . Really fantastic looking slubby denim in a slim straightleg

Thanks for the recommendation. They look like they're what I want. You know where I can find the measurements for these? BiG doesn't have them listed on the site.

11. theom-

theom- Senior member

I've been wearing some new cures for about a week now everyday for 12 hours or so and ive noticed getting light whiskers on my left thigh crotch area more than on my right side. Would this eventually look pretty weird? How can i fix this?

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Thanks for the recommendation. They look like they're what I want. You know where I can find the measurements for these? BiG doesn't have them listed on the site.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ht=jeans+index

I don't have the link, but if you run a search on this forum through the search function, you can find a thread or two devoted to PBJs. I think there is a fit pic or two in it.

13. deziie

deziie Member

14. PolePosition

PolePosition Senior member

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...831f6e4bf3e2c1

I'm confused about fitment in the pictures of those models.

1) I thought a properly fit button-up shirt is supposed to have the seam near the end of the shoulder bone (clavicle) more or less right above the pit according to all the critiques of button or dress shirt fitment on AAAC and in the MC subforum. Or does that only apply to dress shirts.

2) Those jeans on some of the models look like they are sized for straight or relaxed fits. Which is my personal preferred fitment but on alot of the jean fitment threads in SW&D people are instructed to go much tighter and size down, and people that normally post with those straight/relaxed fits are told their jeans are too big/loose....so is Self Edge a bad example of jean fitment?

Trying to understand properly fitting clothes but these pictures somewhat go against what people are recommended....and for what its worth I do like the fits on the jeans on those models, although I think the shirts should be slimmer, seems a little baggy.

15. Bring The Noise

Bring The Noise Senior member

Possible to tailor waist supression in a leather jacket , or no?

I have an extremely V shaped torso so it fits fine across the chest, but pretty loose across the waist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.