• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlecEiffel
I was wondering what the general consensus on SUFU is around here. I've seen things like sizing down extremely low to be considered the "sufu fit"...which made me assume that SUFU is for very small or thin people?
No, we just like our joints mad tight

surrender

Reaction score
For the Paul Smith Ricards (and other PS shoes) on the Barney's site, are those the UK or US sizes listed?

Kodiak

Reaction score
Who sells moderately priced sweaters (maybe v-neck?) that I could wear over a t-shirt and under a heavier jacket?

Kodiak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
What is "moderately priced?" Give me a range. Also, what kind of style are you going to wear this with? I'd reccomend something different depending on the look. Preppy? Rocker? What?
Basically something to wear under my peacoat. Preferrably under $100, but $150 if its epic.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Just a plain sweater that fits mediocre for cheap. Jcrew is your best bet in the super cheap range. You can try to find stuff on sale by brands like acne, filippa k, apc, etc... if you wanted. You can sometimes pick up solid deals on yoox.com around this time and they'll be going to next level of sales eventually. Margiela, raf simons, and jil sander all have nice knitwear. For cheaper stuff you can check revolve.com's meany brands and sort by sweaters and use the 15% off code

Adam24

Reaction score
I'm looking for a suit with the following features, that can be bought online (from a e-store or used): - Slim fit all-around - Grey - Short jacket - 34 jacket (XS), 30 or 31 pants - Budget: up to 900$ - New or used, I don't care It seems impossible to find a 34-sized jacket here in Montreal. I would've more than happy to order a TaT suit from Jason, but the problem is that I need it for a New Year's Eve party and he doesn't take any more orders before Jan 1st (based on what's written on his site). Any ideas/links?

Adam24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Have you tried Yoox? Gilt?

Thanks for the quick answer Whodini.

Yoox only has 1 suit in 34 and it's not what I'm looking for.
Gilt doesn't ship to Canada.
The search engine doesn't work with '34S' (I guess it's too short of a word).
E-bay doesn't have anything interesting.

But I think I found something.. Jason started a thread about Jump The Gun clothing and they happen to make suits that are exactly what I'm looking for. I just e-mailed them to get more info about sizing. My three options are:

http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/product/..._mod_suit_Grey
http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/product/..._of_Wales_suit
http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/product/JTG_Grey_POW_suit

I have a slight preference for the Mohair one but I was wondering what's special about Mohair as a fabric? Is it lighter/heavier? Stretchier? I'm pretty much clueless.

masrith

Reaction score
Hey, I have a question about the sizing of the AA flex fleece hoodies. If I'm 5'11" with a chest size around 31-32" and want a snug fit without the sweatshirt fitting too short, should I get a flex in small or medium? The Cali Fleece small is just a little short and a tad narrow around the waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads