1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbs1

jbs1 New Member

The first ones look potentially like gap carpenters circa 2001-2002 if that is in fact triple stitching on the inside seam.

Otherwise no idea...try some express kingston fit jeans...I am about the same waist size as you and these are roomy as fuck everywhere...hell...you want to buy mine? I barely wore them

Thanks!.....anyone with other possibilities?

2. otc

otc Senior member

$35 shipped and they are yours

3. doink

doink Senior member

a buddy is going to thailand, any suggestion on the best market in bangkok to find a pair of the "fake thai 1947's"?

4. stylar

stylar Senior member

What the best's source for legit slim-fit V-neck shirts that are still affordable (with solid cloth instead of the see-through-ish stuff)?

5. wallpaper

wallpaper Member

Does anyone know where I can buy Wings and Horns sneakers in New York?

6. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

What the best's source for legit slim-fit V-neck shirts that are still affordable (with solid cloth instead of the see-through-ish stuff)?
    Seconding this question, with the added condition of the neck opening being shallower than on AA v-necks.

7. acconrad

acconrad Senior member

Where are the best deals for Ray Ban sunglasses? My aviators were ruined last night...plus I'd like to get some Wayfarers too...

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

why doesn't kayne west post here?

9. yeayea

yeayea Senior member

how should i treat my "new" prewash 501s? will they shrink/fade? should i go for a few months without washing or will that be a waste of time?

ive had them for a few weeks now and love them, noticed some stretching with wear and the color is a very dark and looks like it will run if i wash/soak so im considering breaking them in for a bit before i do so

apologies in advance - i searched for this but only found info on SFTs [​IMG]

10. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Where are the best deals for Ray Ban sunglasses? My aviators were ruined last night...plus I'd like to get some Wayfarers too...

Dude, what are you doing fucking around with anything besides gas station sunglasses? I lose break/so many pairs I could have copped some [insert expensive brand I don't give shit about here], but I would have lost/broke those too.

11. super

super Senior member

Hey does anyone know the quality of Common Projects Officer Ankle Boots? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Common-Projec...3A1|240%3A1318 Theres a pair being sold here which could be quite a bit cheaper than retail... and was wondering if this shoe would be a shoe that will be good quality and last. Are the soles glued or welted? They have a really nice shape...

12. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

Could someone who owns Persol 2931S sunglasses please post a fit pic?

13. Zinn

Zinn Member

Anyone familiar with these shoes from Gourmet Footwear?

[​IMG]

14. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

so I sprayed waterproofing stuff (specially made for shoes) on my boo x sperrys (the leather ones), but I'm kinda paranoid about how effective it is, since water doesn't bead up on them the way it would on something like gore-tex boots. is it still bad to walk around outside in them when it's raining? i know "real" boat shoes are meant to get wet, but I'm not sure of whether boo makes shoes with actual use on a boat/in the rain in mind.

15. otc

otc Senior member

You could give sno-seal a try

16. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

wmmk, I used to use that stuff on my leather hiking boots. It needs to be reapplied every few months. Also, if you sit the shoes in a deep puddle, they will soak up water, it just slows it down a lot.

I wouldn't worry about walking in the rain, though. Pretty good stuff.

17. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Ok, so I'm located in Pomona, which is east of central LA Turns out there's an APC store in Melrose (there is also an Alexander McQueen store omfg!), so I went there this weekend and it was pretty cool. They were helpful too but they didn't know much about other brands of selvedge jeans. Does anyone know where I might find retailers of such denim brands as the ones carried by selfedge.com in my area? 2nd question: Where can I find boots like these but cheaper (that I could risk getting stepped on)...? http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7458210/c/198519.html Thanks!

18. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

In terms of your first q, Self Edge and Blue in Green are exclusive US retailers of most of the brands they carry, so you're out of luck. Apparently there are some cool spots in LA doing their own thing - Stronghold, Rising Sun - but I don't really know that much about them.

19. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Someone told me American Rag has some, what are some good brands to check out?
    (I guess this will be the next spot I'm checking out)
    Google map search of stronghold comes up with "Strong Hold The" and "Strong Hold Garment Co" located within less than 500 feet of each other or something.
    Rising sun = Rising Sun Denim Tailors located in Pasadena?

Also, a few blocks down from A.P.C on melrose is a store called G-star Raw and they sell raw / selvedge denim. It costs 300$ for a pair though and I'm a noob so I don't know how to tell if it's good quality.

20. whathup

whathup Well-Known Member

I bought a vintage Polo oilcloth bomber jacket in October on eBay (someone on this forum was selling it I think) and I just got a grease stain on it. The care instructions are very particular and say that one can use a little soap and water to get out stains. The stain didn't come out and now the spot is lighter than the rest of the jacket; the oil treatment came out. The care instructions also say that the jacket can be maintained with the included tin of "treatment," which didn't come with the jacket. Is it safe to assume that this treatment was linseed oil? As I can't dry clean the jacket, does anyone know how to safely clean oilcloth? I'm going to try to ask the seller if I can find his e-mail address still. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.