1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

That photo sucks, but it looks more like a dress shirt than an oxford, so no, probably not. But if you want a nice yellow oxford like that, Our Legacy has one for 130 that you can snag from Tres Bien Shop or +46.

Thanks for the help. That oxford looks good.

No. It doesn't seem to be made of Oxford cloth.

Check Revolve, ASOS etc.

Hell, Uni Qlo and Benneton are sure to have some in range. It's a pretty ridiculous thing to request anyway. It's not as if the guy's wearing anything unique.

Thanks, so it seems the consensus is it is not oxford cloth. I think it is more unique where I live (San Jose, California) but probably not somewhere like say New York.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Unique or not, a yellow button down is a great piece to have in your closet; it adds fun color and works neatly in a lot of situations- it is also somewhat seasonal which I enjoy. After I do some spring cleaning, I might invest in one.

3. onion

onion Senior member

Does anyone know here I can find the Dior (or so I think...) sneakers in the ad below? I'm pretty confident they are a past season, but was hoping maybe they were reproducing them or they are a new version since the ad (even though it's actually a Burberry ad...) is new.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. insp86

insp86 Senior member

Quick question:

I've been wearing a pair of dry nudies for about 3 weeks and I just noticed I have a little bit of a crease forming in the lower leg, kinda off the side of my shin. I think it is from how it was folded/stacked before I bought them.

Is there any reason why I can't iron that out so it doesn't become a noticeable (more noticeable) crease as these wear over the coming months?

Along the same lines, do ya'll hang your jeans at night to prevent stuff like this from happening?

Thanks!

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Does anyone know here I can find the Dior (or so I think...) sneakers in the ad below? I'm pretty confident they are a past season, but was hoping maybe they were reproducing them or they are a new version since the ad (even though it's actually a Burberry ad...) is new.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These look really close except the sole is brown

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0735cat3260731

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

why do people avoid tan/khaki color tops? I think they look good with jeans.

7. robbie

robbie Senior member

I am still trying to find a suit for my wedding, my budget is limited. EXTREMELY LIMITED. I had planned on spending about 100-150$ on seperates at H&M but ...

I am still not 100%

are the regular suits much different than the 'designer collection'? I called all three of the H&M's in St Louis and they said they carried suits, but not the 'designer collection' suits which the Chicago store carries.

I looked online, and saw nothing really about suits... or a designer collection.

The lack of information on their website is nerve racking.

I know i missed out on S&H on gilt, but does anyone have any suggestions of decent or atelast tailorable suits I could get for about 100-150$ a piece?

I forgot to mention. I am wanting to get suits for myself and my groomsmen so I'd need them to be available in a fairly wide array of sizes.

robbie

8. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

CP shoe sizing, if i wear a vans size 9 what size should i get in CP

9. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

CP shoe sizing, if i wear a vans size 9 what size should i get in CP

10. genericman

genericman Senior member

This or that? I'm looking for something similar to the BoO Coast Guard Jacket.

Uniqlo
    [​IMG]

or

AA(in yellow with white contrast zip)
    [​IMG]

The AA fits well and looks good, but the quality is suspect. I have yet to try on the Uniqlo. Has anyone have experience with the Uniqlo (slim?, sleeves) ?

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Look up a brand caled WESC. They have a jacket almost just like the BoO one. Same draw strings and design, plus it has a concealed hood you can have out or zip up
    i've worn it in a waywt or two a month or two ago. Mine is red but i've seen it in black too

12. toothsomesound

The Uniqlo one is probably decent if a bit plain...American Apparel is almost guaranteed to fall apart or feel cheap...look up Chrono's WESC windbreaker. Club Monaco has a yellow windbreaker that's a bit different that I wore in WAYWT a few weeks ago; I kopped that shit for like thirteen bucks or something wonderful like that.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

14. toothsomesound

Chrono, have you seen some of the recent shit on Revolve? It's like those models don't know what size they should be wearing; brands that I know fit look like ass. Pitiful.

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I said in the revolve thread, they're awwwfffullll at styling. Seriously, they need to hire me and let me do the photo shoots for items. I'd sell more stuff. They keep doing weird ass boots tucked or with shorts in every single outfit and rarely ever pair decent stuff around the items they're selling

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

i like the uniqlo one, was gonna buy it but I have NDG marine parka and that trumps anything I can wear on a rainy day

17. genericman

genericman Senior member

yeah the AA was cheap and the quality was less than stellar...the zip almost broke when I tried it in store and there threads handing off.

i'll check out the wesc. thanks

18. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

An alternative to these? The obvious choice is Vans, I guess... [​IMG]

19. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

why do people avoid tan/khaki color tops? I think they look good with jeans.

Maybe there are people who favor neutrals and those who don't. I'm all about tans, khakis, browns, and olives, but I'll admit I don't see a lot of that out there I guess. I've actually been working on picturing myself in colors other than earth tones to expand my tastes.

20. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I think you need to be careful with that stuff and how it goes with your skin tone.

And yeah, I'd say Vans would do the trick.

I really want some Gucci shaman mocs, but I can't figure out where to find any. I'd even cop some fakes, but I can't find those either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.