1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat

Pat Senior member

I am a size 41 in Common Projects and a size 8-8.5 in chucks, what size would I want for sperry topsiders boatshoe?

2. robbie

robbie Senior member

with regards to a fred perry tipped or classic or whatever it is referred to as pique polo

a- could I pull the sumbitch off (look good)?
    b- could i find a white w/ red/blue accents on on ebay for 70$ or less

3. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

Most anyone can pull a Fred Perry off.

Outlet stores in the UK have them for around £28 ($42), so I don't doubt eBay will have some in your price region.

I have a red (non-tipped) and a green (tipped) which look dapper on a hot summer's day.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

with regards to a fred perry tipped or classic or whatever it is referred to as pique polo a- could I pull the sumbitch off (look good)? b- could i find a white w/ red/blue accents on on ebay for 70$ or less
    Be careful on ebay as there are a lot of fakes. I'm sure GetSmart knows of some places with sales going on or that have lower prices. I think he knows every stockist in the world [​IMG]

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

When buying a blazer should I choose a size thats 2" up from my chest? So if my chest is 34" I should look for a 36-38 blazer?

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ Most blazers and outerwear is sized for the tagged size, so a 34 would probably measure 36-38.

7. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

JCrew question:

I got a polo and a button-up as a gift and they are both about an inch or 1 1/2 inches too wide. Other than that, the fit is spot-on. If I wash them, will they shrink or should I take them straight to the tailor?

8. robin

robin Senior member

JCrew question:

I got a polo and a button-up as a gift and they are both about an inch or 1 1/2 inches too wide. Other than that, the fit is spot-on. If I wash them, will they shrink or should I take them straight to the tailor?

Go to the tailor.

9. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Go to the tailor.

Sounds good.

Another short question: JCrew Secret Wash button-downs...okay to wear untucked? It says it has a "shirt-tail hem" which is kind of a red light for me. I was trying to get some good button-downs that I could wear untucked this summer with shorts and jeans.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Tailoring price question. Assuming i can find a decent tailor in gainesville or Orlando, how much would it cost to do the following to a pair of linen pants:

- Hem about 4"
    - Take the waist in a touch (like half inch)
    - Slim pants in the thighs maybe a 1/4 inch (maybe darting or something? i dunno what i'm talking about)

They're not that big in the thighs, but i think would fit a bit more flattering if just barely slimmed up. They're unfinished so they certainly need to be hemmed though

11. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

12. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

They're pretty much true to size...I got them in white and a lot of reviews said size down a half, so I did, but they were a bit tight.

13. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

14. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

LL Bean trim fit shirts. Anyone know if these are worth looking into if you're into slimmy fits, or is trim fit another way of saying not as baggy?

Also, how are the LL Bean windbreakers fit wise?

15. genericman

genericman Senior member

which one: filson 256 or 257? where: to get for best prices [​IMG] i've only seen the 258 in person, which is huge for a daily bag. i'm looking mainly for a schoolbag (laptop, phone, sunglasses, snacks, couple 1 subject notebooks)

16. Largo

Largo Senior member

Can't speak for which model you'd prefer, but you can cop a discount through Crane's via the forum-they're an affiliate.

17. 40kaas-nl

40kaas-nl Senior member

Does anybody know an online shop in the EU where can I buy a pair of A.P.C. "Rescue" jeans?

Thx!

18. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I believe APC themselves have a French site.

Obligatory disclaimer: Crate are a better buy at that price, and with our discount probably will come out to more or less the same as what you'd pay for APC, maybe even less.

19. whacked

whacked Senior member

Tailoring price question. Assuming i can find a decent tailor in gainesville or Orlando, how much would it cost to do the following to a pair of linen pants:

- Hem about 4"
    - Take the waist in a touch (like half inch)
    - Slim pants in the thighs maybe a 1/4 inch (maybe darting or something? i dunno what i'm talking about)

They're not that big in the thighs, but i think would fit a bit more flattering if just barely slimmed up. They're unfinished so they certainly need to be hemmed though

Each procedure cost $5-10, and I'd say you can get everything done together for $20-25 for one pair of pants.

Slimming down the thighs is most easily done at the outseam.

20. acconrad

acconrad Senior member

I saw a Ralph Lauren Black Label charcoal suit in my size for $700. Deal or no deal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.