(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borky

Borky Senior member

What's the difference between the Spring Court G1 and G2?

2. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

purchased a pair of 29" APC rescues that I fully expect to be a bit large for me.

The question is:

What is the proper method for soaking them first to get shrinking out of the way or should I just wash on warm?

3. modual

modual Senior member

What's the difference between the Spring Court G1 and G2?

G2 is more rounded on the toe. G1 is also slightly lower at the back of the heel. Check out the pictures on oipolloi.com

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

There is no shrinking with APCs. Maybe an inch in the inseam, but that's it and you can even prevent that by tugging on the legs while wet if you want. So there really isn't any point to soaking them at all. There's no shrinking to get out of the way.

5. modual

modual Senior member

purchased a pair of 29" APC rescues that I fully expect to be a bit large for me.

The question is:

What is the proper method for soaking them first to get shrinking out of the way or should I just wash on warm?

My experience with any sanforized raw denim is it only seems to get the max shrinkage from the washing machine. I've soaked jeans in the bath tub and nothing seems to happen

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

purchased a pair of 29" APC rescues that I fully expect to be a bit large for me. The question is: What is the proper method for soaking them first to get shrinking out of the way or should I just wash on warm?
    APCs are sanforized. Washing isn't going to shrink them much at all, except in inseam length, and being APCs, they'd stretch out again about ten or fifteen seconds after you put them on once they dried. EDIT: Oops... I don't know how I managed to overlook the other answers. So, +1 on chronoaug's post.

7. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

What are the measurements of Nudie Slim Jims? Specifically, what is the rise? Additionally, should one size down, true to size, etc.?

8. jufros

jufros Senior member

My slim jims in a 31 have a 9.5 inch rise. I'm about 6 ft and 160 lbs, got them true to size, and, despite the denim quality leaving a little to be desired, they fit better than any other pair of jeans I own and I've found myself wearing them most frequently. Sit well over chucks and slips but stack perfectly with desert boots and oxfords. I highly recommend you buy true to size. Initially, my jims fit snugly on my rear but have stretched just enough to be comfortably slouchy on my hips without looking entirely anti-fit. If you want pictures or anything just pm me. Good luck.

9. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

APCs are sanforized. Washing isn't going to shrink them much at all, except in inseam length, and being APCs, they'd stretch out again about ten or fifteen seconds after you put them on once they dried.

EDIT: Oops... I don't know how I managed to overlook the other answers. So, +1 on chronoaug's post.

thanks for the response...

I'm going to wash on warm, maybe even hot in my Bosch upon receiving and I'll let ya'll know how it turns out

10. chronoaug

That's the thing, nothing will turn out. Any minimal shrinkage that occurs will stretch out almost immediately, then when you wash them again, they'll go back to the size they were when you bought them new, then stretch out again, and so on. I thought some people on sufu were saying soaking them first makes it harder to get fades because it washes the starch out(i guess apc lightly starches them).

11. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I can +1 this as well. APCs are both pretty heavily starched when new, and lose a bit more indigo in the wash than, say, Samurais or Pure Blues. Washing them on hot first is going to shrink the inseam a bit, and it will ensure that they soften up quicker, but if you're looking for a high-contrast fade, it's not really desirable (though it's not like it's the end of the world or anything). If you're not worried about the fade, feel free, but don't expect it to do anything beyond those two things.

12. oats

oats Member

Hey all,

I've been reading this forum for a few months now, and I suppose it's time for my first post.

I am going to purchase some PBJ xx-005s from BiG soon, but would like some sizing advice. I've read through the relevant posts here and at SuFu, and it seems most people advise getting your true size or sizing up one.

My "true waist" size (measured 2 inches down from navel) is around 31.5 (falls somewhere between 31 and 32, depending on when I last ate).

Having trouble deciding if I should get a 31 or 32 in PBJ. I don't have large hips. I'm about 5'8 / 135lbs.

For reference, I bought APC NS in size 29, and they fit pretty much spot on right out of the box. I didn't have any trouble buttoning the top button or anything like that.

Thanks!

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Hey all,

I've been reading this forum for a few months now, and I suppose it's time for my first post.

I am going to purchase some PBJ xx-005s from BiG soon, but would like some sizing advice. I've read through the relevant posts here and at SuFu, and it seems most people advise getting your true size or sizing up one.

My "true waist" size (measured 2 inches down from navel) is around 31.5 (falls somewhere between 31 and 32, depending on when I last ate).

Having trouble deciding if I should get a 31 or 32 in PBJ. I don't have large hips. I'm about 5'8 / 135lbs.

For reference, I bought APC NS in size 29, and they fit pretty much spot on right out of the box. I didn't have any trouble buttoning the top button or anything like that.

Thanks!

Size 28 New Standards fit me almost perfectly right away, and I took a 30 in the 005s. After a long hot soak they were tight (in the thighs, not really much in the waist), and they shortly stretched out to become comfortable. I'd suggest basing the sizing on the thigh measurements, not the waist measurements. BiG has great sizing charts, I'd check those.

14. chronoaug

I'd go with the 31s. I am in between 31 and 32 and i got 31s. They were really tight at first, but after stretching they fit better. The top block is still a big constricting at times but that's how PBJ005s are(there is a thread about it). If the 31s are too tight at first, dampen them with water and then wear them as you walk to the store or something or ride your bike and they'll stretch out really quick for you in the top part. I also was able to button up a pair of 29 NS when i tried them on. They were a bit tight, but would've stretched nice if i kept them. With how small you are, 32s would probably end up being a little less slim than you want after stretch. Since you have small hips too, you probably won't be bothered by the tightness all the sizes have in the crotch area(it's a design flaw where there is a bunch of fabric making it a bit tighter), but you'll be good with 31

Sz 31 after an initial soak and a few weeks of wear. I'm in between size 31 and 32 naturally. Most my jeans stretch to 33-34", these a bit more so because i wear them lower than most jeans because of the rise.

Waist- 17.1"
    Thigh at crotch- 11.1"
    F rise- 9.5"
    R rise- 13.5"
    knee- 8.25"
    hem- 8.25"

15. progressiveminded

progressiveminded Senior member

How should Chelsea boots fit around the ankle? Should all of the boot be in contact with my ankle, or is it normal to have a little bit of room on top?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.