• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
I have seen a pair of cordovan bluchers in burgundy. They are priced at €139.
I am aware that there is cashmere and there is cashmere; can the same be said for cordovan?

Not really. There is different cordovan quality for sure; however, AFAIK, no company other than Horween is capable of producing enough cordovan leather to supply shoe companies with. The only time I've seen inferior quality cordovan used was on wallets and other small things. I'm sure some shoe company somewhere is using inferior cordovan sourced from Japan, but I think it's a safe bet that the shoes you're look at are top quality Horween cordovan.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Jet/socal/keykoo/gosurface/gulkhan don't check this thread. Don't tell them i said that or they may kick me out of their club
frown.gif

Still doesn't change the fact that I agree with you 100%. It was more of a poke at Fok who may or may have not been actually considering buying them for two c-notes.

janey65

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a pair of skinny jeans in the next week or so but cant seem to choose which jeans to buy. I have looked through a lot of pairs and have finally narrowed it down to the 2 pairs on the following link. The decision is between the first and second pair from the top of the page. Please let me know which pair you like best. Thank you so much for your help!!

http://www.yomili.com/search.php?keyword=Skinny+jeans

aerether

Reaction score
Originally Posted by janey65
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a pair of skinny jeans in the next week or so but cant seem to choose which jeans to buy. I have looked through a lot of pairs and have finally narrowed it down to the 2 pairs on the following link. The decision is between the first and second pair from the top of the page. Please let me know which pair you like best. Thank you so much for your help!!

http://www.yomili.com/search.php?keyword=Skinny+jeans

Wait.

Your thread on shoes linked to (rather ugly looking) mens' shoes.

Now you're linking to women's skinny jeans.

What. The. ****. I can't imagine this ending well style-wise for you.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the John Varvatos Ago lace ups stitched or glued? $400 seems pretty high for glue soles, but I believe they are one of the cheaper shoes made by JV. Does JV even make shoes with glued shoes?

I need an answer asap, as the sale at NM ends tomorrow.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can Anyone Reccomend some Nice Skinny Black Pants with this pinstripes or just plain black. Something Casual not to dressy. Skinny a la 17.5-19cm leg opening.

noorotic

Reaction score
Does anybody know if PF Flyers run a bit large like chucks do?

ltb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noorotic
Does anybody know if PF Flyers run a bit large like chucks do?
they don't run as large as chucks do. in pf flyers (based on my limited experience with them, anyway), i need one full size larger than i do in chucks.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone had experience dying suede shoes? I just bought a pair of opening ceremony desert boots of bluebee's sale, and their a teal color. I'm hoping to dye them a navy color.. how hard is it? If not, I kind of like the teal color they are :p

tundrafour

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Japanese Uniqlo sizing versus US Uniqlo sizing? I assume there's a difference...

8bpc

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good brown shoe to pair with APC NS... currently considering John Varvatos Ago Chukka. Since these are distressed I'm not sure they would work well in the office... any chukka suggestions that would work well for the office and casual with jeans? Also wondering, what is the quality like on John Varvatos shoes and how well do they hold up? I was also looking at the Paul Smith Voltaire, but it looks almost black or very dark brown (maybe that is just the lighting on the web site).

DenimFreak411

Reaction score
I have a question:

What are your guy's experience on ACNE MAX RAW?
http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...ARTMENT_ID=38#

How long do they take to fade? I'm debating whether I should purchase KMW Rockers or Acne Max Raw.

I really like the indigo finish on the ACNE's, but do they fade slow or fast? ( Preferably liking the dark indigo color, I want them to fade slow).

I know on the KMW's... They fade really slow, but the indigo on it, in my opinion, doesn't look good as the indigo on the ACNE MAX RAW's.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads