(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Is there a definitive way to calculate the waist measurement of trousers, when the only size given is in the form of a suit size? I've heard waist size is typically 6" less than the suit size, but is that always the case?
    definitive way? no and trousers are just as vanity sized as jeans if there were a general guideline it'd be size 40 suit has a trouser (could be called size 32/42EU) that measures 34-5" around waist size 38 suit is 32-3" around waist (could be called size 30/40EU) so the 6" less is a good guide, but not always accurate, but is probably close enough to use so that if you had to you could let it out/take it in if it doesnt fit right

2. TheTexan

TheTexan Member

I wear a size 28 APC New Standards...what size is equivalent to in Somet 003?

3. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Does shades of greige have a website? I am trying to find some local retailers here in Boston but cant find a website to see if there is any or any contact info.....

4. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Does anyone see any reason it wouldn't be wise to wash my SC Okinawa's together with my SE button down "black" denim shirt? They are both due for a washing.

5. bure

bure Senior member

what color belt is more versatile for streetwear...

brown or black ??

i don't always think matching a belt to shoes is necessary for streetwear... anyone agree?

6. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

what color belt is more versatile for streetwear...

brown or black ??

i don't always think matching a belt to shoes is necessary for streetwear... anyone agree?

No.

If your streetwear is more on the pseudo-hipster side get a brown belt. If your streetwear is on the super-hipster side, start with a black belt and you'll need more as you go along.

7. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

Hey. Does anyone know how you're supposed to take care of bridle leather on filson bags? Thanks.

You don't have to do much, IMO, as letting it age and patina is part of the charm. Cleaning it with saddle soap every once in a while is all you really need.

8. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I got my bag from Crane's today. The leather is sort of stiff and dry feeling in certain areas. I don't know if the leather is this way at first and it softens up eventually, or perhaps the leather dried out a bit.

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I like the higher v-neck on Splendid Always tees (Zappos, Revolve). Does anyone know of other brands that do this?

10. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

11. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

I got my bag from Crane's today. The leather is sort of stiff and dry feeling in certain areas. I don't know if the leather is this way at first and it softens up eventually, or perhaps the leather dried out a bit.

When I first got my Filson bag, the leather was super stiff. Don't worry about it - it will soften up pretty quickly.

12. rezzor

rezzor Senior member

Do these look too old manish to wear with jeans? [​IMG]

13. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Not old-mannish, just not very easy on the eyes. How about these?
    [​IMG]

For something high quality yet easier on the pocket, look at the English makers, when on sale.

14. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Any quality brands for Rugby shirts besides Canterbury of New Zealand? I would like a nice longsleeve rugby for fall, but don't wanna drop 80$.

15. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Polo RL has some really decent rubgy shirts, which can be had for (relatively) cheap on eBay. Sizing is all over the place though, so make sure to ask for measurements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.