• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worship.gif
Thank you very much for the comments. They are much appreciated, and I welcome more, good or bad.

I was also thinking there was a tad too much pull at the waist, but didn't want to say it in my original post, as I wanted completely unbiased opinions. I was standing with my arms in an awkward position in all the photos, to show the waist, but I still don't think that would account for all the weird pulling going on.

I think I'll probably end up returning it. It's sad, as this really is an incredible blazer.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That'd be wise. I don't like how it looks unbuttoned at all.

KenN

Reaction score
Can anyone please ID this jacket?

DSC_0034-1.jpg

Bonus points for online store and price!

Thanks!

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Any opinions on the fit of my new blazer (other than the fact the sleeves are too long)?

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7...3080023kq8.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1...3080024iw6.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9...3080028ms3.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7...3080040jw7.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2...3080025ub7.jpg

Fitwise, it's too tight in the waist! It's giving you that extreme "X" at the button point and flaring in the hips.

I'm not a fan of the center vent in the back. It also seems to be missing a breast pocket? Lapels seem too wide as well.

Francis91

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Can anyone please ID this jacket?

DSC_0034-1.jpg

Bonus points for online store and price!

Thanks!

You can see the name in the pic...APC
tounge.gif

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be more specific, it is A.P.C.'s "gabardine garcon bomber jacket". It'll will be somewhat hard to find, as it's from, I believe, the F/W 07 line.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
To be more specific, it is A.P.C.'s "gabardine garcon bomber jacket". It'll will be somewhat hard to find, as it's from, I believe, the F/W 07 line.

Beat me to the punch... that pic is from a sale ad on sufu... and now that jacket's at my dry cleaner.
wink.gif

delirium

Reaction score
ideas for dope dark navy and black v-neck sweaters under $150?
I liked the Terry Hall x Fred Perry one GetSmart posted, but I guess that's too late.

theguy

Reaction score
I posted this in the "I have a jean" thread twice but never got any replies...hope its ok here

right now I have a pair of average joe, dry heavies and I would like to grab something a hair bigger in the leg.
Maybe something right between my average joes and my paper denim (Alec Relaxed boot)
(I know paper denim is not really favored on this site; but they looked good on me and were $50)

I have been looking on various sites and each one is telling me a different leg measurement for the average joes. So its hard for me to know whats what.

(looking to spend anywhere from $1 - $175)

thanks guys

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theguy
I posted this in the "I have a jean" thread twice but never got any replies...hope its ok here

right now I have a pair of average joe, dry heavies and I would like to grab something a hair bigger in the leg.
Maybe something right between my average joes and my paper denim (Alec Relaxed boot)
(I know paper denim is not really favored on this site; but they looked good on me and were $50)

I have been looking on various sites and each one is telling me a different leg measurement for the average joes. So its hard for me to know whats what.

(looking to spend anywhere from $1 - $175)

thanks guys

confused by your post. why can't you just measure the leg yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads