(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Questions, Im poor, What are the main colors for plain shirts that I should invest in

Ive got an army greenish shirt and a brownish shirt.

I always wear wifebeaters, whats the best way or color so you wont see the see it under a white shirt (Not wearing one is not an option because I feel strange without it, like I am not wearing underwear)?

How high/low should my pants rest. When I tuck a shirt in I always feel as though it looks too high, maybe it is my body shape. Also should it be low enough that your button/belt would just appear? If it matters its levi 501 that I am talking about

How do high rise and low rise pant sizes vary? if it is lower does that mean the size would be higher since you are wider as you go lower. or does a size 29 mean it would accomidate a person who wears a pair of higher rise 29 pants?

Cheers [​IMG]

1) Seriously? That's a completely personal question. Whatever colors you think work for you: black, white, brown, yellow, green, turquoise...

2) Buy thicker white shirts so that you can't see the undershirt through it.

3) Yet another personal question. If you tuck in your shirt correctly, yes, your belt should appear completely.

4) Completely depends on the manufacturer. Two companies could have the same "Size 31" tag and have completely different measurements. There's no gold standard, there's no law forcing a company to make their clothing true to size.
    Hey guys, i'm getting slight knee bulges with my APC's, just wondering will they go away after a wash?
    They sure will! And then they'll also come right back once you start wearing them...
    This question was posed by Lel in the Jeans thread, but I don't think it was answered.

What causes hip flare? And is this something that can be fixed by a tailor?

It probably wasn't answered because there was already an entire thread dedicated to this question and all he had to do was click "search," then "search the site using Google," and then click on the very first topic to come up.

2. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

1.google.com 2.search ocbd 3.click on first result 4.use reasoning to determine which is the most clearly and decisively relevant OCBD\tObsessive Compulsive Behavioral Disorder OCBD\tOffice of Capacity Building and Development (US government) OCBD\tOperational Capabilities Benchmark Demonstration OCBD\tOxford Cloth Button Down (clothing) 5. mission complete [​IMG]
    I would say that here, the most relevant would probably be A) Obsessive Compulsive Behavioral Disorder, with C) Operational Capabilities Benchmark Demonstration (also known as WAYWT) being a close second.

3. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

for anyone who has ordered online from the UK, and lives in the US, have you been charged a duty / customs charge / tax etc?

I am thinking about ordering something online from either Oki-ni or Lanudry Room and just want to make sure i am not going to be charged some random tax in addition to the price of what I am ordering since I will be having it shipped overseas.

Thanks for all of the Help!

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I'm looking at a Maison Martin Margiela 10 sport coat and a Jil Sander sport coat. Am I correct to assume that, for the most part, the Jil Sander cut will be boxier than MMM?

Also is there a noticeable difference in quality between MMM 10 and Jil Sander?

I haven't tried sport coats on from either brand so I can't say for sure. That said, when it comes to the shirts I own, the Jil Sanders is significantly slimmer than the MMM in the same size. I actually go up to a 50 in Jil and Raf, but wear a 38/48 in MMM.

5. mejoshua

mejoshua Senior member

I live in the US and want to buy some things I saw on the Uniqlo uk online store. I heard that I could make phone orders, anyone know where I would find that number?

Here's Uniqlo's contact information.

6. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

for me at least hip flare started to show up when i sagged the back of my denim. i stopped that immediately hip flare went away for me. the knee bulges i learned to live with.

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

for anyone who has ordered online from the UK, and lives in the US, have you been charged a duty / customs charge / tax etc?

I am thinking about ordering something online from either Oki-ni or Lanudry Room and just want to make sure i am not going to be charged some random tax in addition to the price of what I am ordering since I will be having it shipped overseas.

Thanks for all of the Help!

I have heard of people getting charged when getting stuff from Oki-ni. Don't know if its a consistent thing or not though.

8. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

It probably wasn't answered because there was already an entire thread dedicated to this question and all he had to do was click "search," then "search the site using Google," and then click on the very first topic to come up.

Are you by any chance a company computer guy?

9. onion

onion Senior member

I haven't tried sport coats on from either brand so I can't say for sure. That said, when it comes to the shirts I own, the Jil Sanders is significantly slimmer than the MMM in the same size. I actually go up to a 50 in Jil and Raf, but wear a 38/48 in MMM.

Thanks that helps. The pictures of shirts echo what you said, but the blazers are the opposite. I ordered the MMM 10 blazer yesterday, so hopefully it works out, if not there is always a tailor.

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Which one did you pick up?

11. Black Cherry

Black Cherry Senior member

So I'm looking for a decent if disposable shirt, either button-down or dress, in the burnt sienna/orange color. The slimmer/fitted the better, other specifics aren't important. Preferably under 50 dollars. Trying to coordinate with girlfriend's dress for a fall wedding. Any suggestions?

12. onion

onion Senior member

Which one did you pick up?

This one.

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Are you by any chance a company computer guy?
    No, just a lot of experience in talking with small children.
    So I'm looking for a decent if disposable shirt, either button-down or dress, in the burnt sienna/orange color. The slimmer/fitted the better, other specifics aren't important. Preferably under 50 dollars. Trying to coordinate with girlfriend's dress for a fall wedding. Any suggestions?
    How soon? If it's not too soon a demand like this kinda screams Jantzen. Or ebay.

14. garmentmerchant

garmentmerchant Senior member

I have solid color dress shirts for $19 in rust color. Its probably too cheap for my SF customers who scoff at such products, but if your interested PM me

15. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.