(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aerether

aerether Senior member

How long are hoodies supposed to be on you?

The bottom of my Apolis Activism Trench Hood is about 1.5 inches above the bottom of the crotch of my jeans, but I feel like it might be pushing the "too fucking long" boundary.

Pic:
    [​IMG]

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

looking for some black boots and thinking about the black red wing GT. anything similar i should check out? not looking for chelseas or anything leaning towards the formal end of things.

3. SyntheticRhythm

SyntheticRhythm New Member

I just spilled some tomato sauce on my 3 week old APC NS. Is there any way to remove a tomato based stain besides washing them?

4. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i recommend a nice crusty bread or rub some spaghetti on it.

5. Jared

Jared Senior member

Can you describe the difference between the slim and classic fit? Just how slim is slim? Just how baggy is classic?

What jacket size is appropriate for slim and classic in small, medium and large?

Thank you!

Sorry, I'm talking specifically about Wings & Horns tiger fleece hoodies.

6. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

How does RRL western shirt fit compare to Polo Ralph Lauren's button downs? I wear a Polo RL linen plaid in M (kinda sized down).
    Run a search on here for my RRL western shirt that I put up on sale last month. I gave exact measurements which you can compare to your own shirt.

Well, you sold an S and I'm typically an L/XL. Anyways, from what you said it seems like it's quite slim fitting so I might get an L. Reason why I sized down on Polo RL is because it's too wide (front-back kind of way/for big bellies/don't know how to explain, lacking English). And, hell, it was even custom fit.

7. djs488

djs488 Senior member

Sorry, I'm talking specifically about Wings & Horns tiger fleece hoodies.

I'm 5'10, 155, with a slim/slightly muscular build. My jacket size is 38 in almost all circumstances. My first tiger fleece purchase was a slimfit medium which, after a while, I decided was just too slim. When I zipped it up, it was right against my skin, but the worst part for me was the slimness of the arms. If you have any sort of muscle at all in your arms, and believe me, i don't have very much, you need to go classic fit imo. I have since sold that hoodie and bought a classic fit in medium. Even the W+H classic fit is slimmer than almost all hoodies you'll come across.

Basically, if you have the build to wear skinny jeans, you'll be fine in the slim fit. Otherwise, I think it'd be best to go for the classic fit.

8. kookydooky

kookydooky Senior member

Questions, Im poor, What are the main colors for plain shirts that I should invest in Ive got an army greenish shirt and a brownish shirt. I always wear wifebeaters, whats the best way or color so you wont see the see it under a white shirt (Not wearing one is not an option because I feel strange without it, like I am not wearing underwear)? How high/low should my pants rest. When I tuck a shirt in I always feel as though it looks too high, maybe it is my body shape. Also should it be low enough that your button/belt would just appear? If it matters its levi 501 that I am talking about How do high rise and low rise pant sizes vary? if it is lower does that mean the size would be higher since you are wider as you go lower. or does a size 29 mean it would accomidate a person who wears a pair of higher rise 29 pants? Cheers [​IMG]

9. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Will tartan be too trendy for fall? I'm being talked out of an APC coat. I figure, I could outwear the trend.....hmm.

10. Seanallen

Seanallen Senior member

I would like to wear my black polo shirt with my black dress pants tomorrow , would this be too much black?

Thoughts on this? By the way , Im in highschool so even if it looks bad I will still be looking better than 80 percent of them.

It's just I feel that's too much black.

11. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Will tartan be too trendy for fall? I'm being talked out of an APC coat. I figure, I could outwear the trend.....hmm.

Are you talking about the duffle coat? That's one of the things I really liked, but I can't afford.

12. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Are you talking about the duffle coat? That's one of the things I really liked, but I can't afford.

No, the one I saw at Co-op was just a standard top coat.

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Well, you sold an S and I'm typically an L/XL. Anyways, from what you said it seems like it's quite slim fitting so I might get an L. Reason why I sized down on Polo RL is because it's too wide (front-back kind of way/for big bellies/don't know how to explain, lacking English). And, hell, it was even custom fit.
    If you're in between, size up. The whole reason I was selling it was because I sized down figuring it was like other RRL shirts I have. The waist is tapered on the western shirts so you will run into trouble.

14. learner

learner Senior member

Are these Chelsea boots too polished to wear with jeans?

Attachment 13349

Anyone?

They look sort of "plasticky"? Will this effect wear off? I'm just looking for a standard brown Chelsea boot.

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Anyone?

They look sort of "plasticky"? Will this effect wear off? I'm just looking for a standard brown Chelsea boot.

Several people wear chelseas with jeans including myself. It's fine. You can let the shine wear out but I personally don't let that happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.