• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Is it ok to wear brown boots/shoes with black jeans? If so, what color shirt should you match it up with?

mejoshua

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewK
How do Uniqlo shirt sizes compare to American Apparel shirt sizes?
Some searching will show you that Uniqlo's shirts have a boxier cut that's not as slim as AA.

freshDenim

Reaction score
Has anyone seen IRL Partrik Ervell ss 09 shirts, can you speak on fit/ quality?

MAybe JEt?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
is a navy peacoat too dressy to wear with denim and some canvas shoes? been considering buying a cheaper peacoat from topman or maybe BR of they will have one this year.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freshDenim
Has anyone seen IRL Partrik Ervell ss 09 shirts, can you speak on fit/ quality? MAybe JEt?
You know that they're not in stores right? The show just happened this weekend in new york. South willard and barneys don't get them in till around early january so i don't think jet is down yet. You can see some of the fit from the runway show. Your best bet is asking SoCal as he was at the show, but even then, he only can see what was on the runway. Ervell quality and fit is pretty solid. I tried one on before and liked it. Ervell season to season doesn't change much so if you want to get something, just grab it whenever it's on sale. There are 2 really simple looks from ss09 i want to straight rip off. Easy uniform for days i need to look professional

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
is a navy peacoat too dressy to wear with denim and some canvas shoes? been considering buying a cheaper peacoat from topman or maybe BR of they will have one this year.

No, it would be fine.

Personally I'd get a charcoal or black peacoat, unless your jeans are either very well worn-in or of the rare shade of dark indigo that might look good w/ navy (paging LA Guy...)

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mejoshua
Some searching will show you that Uniqlo's shirts have a boxier cut that's not as slim as AA.

I just bought a couple of both recently. I like AA because they are slimmer but they are really too long and I think that I will get them hemmed. But Uniqlo's are a bit boxier but not too much. Also I wear a medium in AA but small in solid (no design) T. I hope this helps.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
No, it would be fine.

Personally I'd get a charcoal or black peacoat, unless your jeans are either very well worn-in or of the rare shade of dark indigo that might look good w/ navy (paging LA Guy...)

What would you do if you mostly wear dark jeans and brown boots? Can you still go with Charcoal or navy?

CarbonatedTsoda

Reaction score
Ok guys, need some help with this one. Does anyone know where this jacket is from or who makes it? There's a label that states "Kast" (middle left), but aside form that and some washing instructions, I can't find anything, even after searching the internets.

Kast.jpg

freshDenim

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
You know that they're not in stores right? The show just happened this weekend in new york. South willard and barneys don't get them in till around early january so i don't think jet is down yet. You can see some of the fit from the runway show. Your best bet is asking SoCal as he was at the show, but even then, he only can see what was on the runway. Ervell quality and fit is pretty solid. I tried one on before and liked it. Ervell season to season doesn't change much so if you want to get something, just grab it whenever it's on sale. There are 2 really simple looks from ss09 i want to straight rip off. Easy uniform for days i need to look professional

> Thks Chrono, but I just realised its The FW 08 Shirts. The Club collar is calling me
inlove.gif
, so going to en up kopping the grey button down.

briansee

Reaction score
I have a Sterlingwear Peacoat and am wondering how far down the sleeves should go? Currently with everything buttoned up and with my hands straight down to the side, the sleeve ends right above the "V" crest between my thumb and index finger. It looks a bit long to me compared to my suit jacket, but it doesn't interfere with anything I do because once I bend my elbows, it shortens up. Anyways, any thoughts?

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
briansee,

Sounds a bit long but it depends how you want to wear it. I like mine just long enough so that when I move around my gloves stay under the sleeves and no skin is exposed. You should be comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads