• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eric Stoner
I'd get white - goes with anything.

Or a brown but you probably don't want it too light if you want to pair with the khakis. These might work ...
http://www.converse.com/zproductdeta...nid=&sku=1V858

thanks,

I always try and stay away from white shoes because I'm worried they'll look dirty quick and be rendered unwearable.
Still, besides perhaps black, they're probably my first choice.
I do like their blue, but I always end up never wearing blue shoes because they can look dumb with jeans.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
thanks,

I always try and stay away from white shoes because I'm worried they'll look dirty quick and be rendered unwearable.
Still, besides perhaps black, they're probably my first choice.
I do like their blue, but I always end up never wearing blue shoes because they can look dumb with jeans.

I like my white ones. They are getting a little dirty, but it's better than when they were brand new and would hurt your eyes to look at.

You could also get the natural color, which is just off-white. And I think they have a pale blue that would work for a lot of stuff too.

QDOGG

Reaction score
they're selling these brands at 40-70% off at my school
this would be my first "luxury" pair of jeans so i wouldn't know what's good. i also want to limit my budget to < $100

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, a pic would help, since there are a lot of ways 170 lbs can be distributed over a 6'2" frame. Personally, of the brands you have there, I like Habitual jeans. The washes are pretty distinctive, and the branding is interesting but generally subtle (well, there are models with big Maltese Crosses). I think that you can do better for the money though... I would take a pair of APCs over any of these.

Originally Posted by QDOGG
what designer jeans are best for my body type and preferences:
6' 2"
162 pounds
I usually get 33 inches waste, 34 inseam, straight jeans, not skinny, not too baggy.
i really like the bullhead "skinny straight" line of jeans.

please choose from this list if you can:
Blue Cult
Antik Denim
True Religion
Sacred Blues
Taverniti
Seven For all Mankind
Habitual
James
Joe's
Marciano
Yanuk
Chip and Pepper
BeBe
AG "Adriano Goldschmeid"
Paper Denim and Cloth
Citizens of Humanity
Red Engine
Rio Starr

Thanks in advance!

yeayea

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
There is an RMW store in NYC : http://www.google.com/search?&q=rm+williams+store+nyc
What is this google thing?
Originally Posted by j
The CT boots are decently constructed, but the leather they use is not very good quality. I use mine for knocking around but not for really dressy occasions as the creasing on the uppers doesn't look so great. Before we had the forum deal on RMWs the CTs were pretty much the only option for low priced, non-glued chelsea boots. If I could choose again, I would probably wait and save up for the RMWs or a pair of C&J chelseas in brown, because the shape, the leather, the construction are all going to be somewhat to much better and add up to a better deal in the long run.
If I may: How much can I expect to pay for RWMs? I think I saw them for $250 at some point. What are C&Js? (Still a newbie here) Would the CTs serve me if I wanted to use them for a casual shoe with denim and for going out in?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yeayea
What is this google thing?
If I may: How much can I expect to pay for RWMs? I think I saw them for $250 at some point.

What are C&Js? (Still a newbie here)

Would the CTs serve me if I wanted to use them for a casual shoe with denim and for going out in?

You can find RMW boots from sites online for between $200-250 USD. If you buy them their store in NY they will run closer to $350. Search the forums for the big thread on them.

C&J = Crockett and Jones, an English footwear maker.

CT's will be fine if that's what you want and the most you're willing to spend. The leather is just not the best and compared to RMW's, the RMW's are a better value for not much more.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ +1 to all

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Trench

Allegri or Burberry?

Are you a small size (<38) or do you want the option of a wool liner?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
38R. I'm looking for a light summer weight trench. The allegri one on azaleaonline caught my eye.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
38R. I'm looking for a light summer weight trench. The allegri one on azaleaonline caught my eye.
They don't have it in your size, but someone else might. It looks decent, but I don't like the edge stitching detail too much myself.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
They don't have it in your size, but someone else might. It looks decent, but I don't like the edge stitching detail too much myself.

Yeah, they dont. I was thinking about getting it, and then having it tailored. I dont mind the stitching detail. I just want a black trench, in that style. They are a lot harder to find than I thought.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
1st:
Is there a complete step by step idiot proof guide to dry denim available on this board, or anywhere else for that matter?
A book? something? I feel like someone should capitalize on this, and publish a book chronicling month by month (or something) what popular pairs of jeans will do.

2nd: If your go from ultra stiff and starched to slubby, is this just a phase? I am at around 2 and a half months wearing cheapass Rustlers from wal-mart and they don't smell and are still rather comfortable, they just look real hairy and slubby... is this something i will have to live with until i wash them or what?

thanks

migo

Reaction score
I'm 5'2&quot; (short short short!!) and 28 waist (thin thin thin!!)

lookin for a pair of selvedge, raw/one wash (dark wash, at any rate), or both pair of jeans...don't wanna spend more than $100. I want something that I can wear with a shirt, perhaps, but also with a t-shirt...basically well fitting, but not tight. I'd like the leg opening to be the same...straight, not bootcut. I'd like them to site below the waist too. Somebody help, coz I've all but given up looking for something.

I was thinking buying a pair of levis 511's or 514's or red skinny jeans, though 30&quot; inseam is too long so i guess i'd have to get them hemmed.

edit: kids jeans are always wayy too baggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads